Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2017, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Will (TNT) #1: A drama about the lost years of young William Shakespeare after his arrival to London

w i l l

Tells the wild story of young William Shakespeare's arrival onto the punk-rock theater scene in 16th century London -
the seductive, violent world where his raw talent faced rioting audiences, religious fanatics and raucous side-shows.
It's described as a contemporary version of Shakespeare's life, played to a modern soundtrack that exposes all his recklessness,
lustful temptations and brilliance. Attracted to Will's naive genius is Alice Burbage, the talented, beautiful and rebellious
daughter of James Burbage, the carpenter with a vision to build the first theater in London since Roman times. Despite being
the daughter of an impresario, Alice is forbidden by society from pursuing a career in the theater. Her brother Richard Burbage,
is innately talented, but too much in love with himself and prone to overact. A chance encounter at the theater leads him
to team up with Will in what would soon become the greatest actor-writer partnership the world has ever seen. Rounding out
Will's cast of characters are playwright, poet and rival Christopher Marlowe and wealthy and notorious Catholic hunter Richard Topcliffe.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

EXCLUSIVE: Find Out When TNT's Sexy Young Shakespeare Drama Will Debut -- Plus, Watch a New Trailer!
TNT’s young William Shakespeare drama has a premiere date!
Described as an “unconventional” period drama, Will tells the story of the wild days of a youthful legendary playwright, played by newcomer Laurie Davidson. In celebration of Shakespeare’s birthday on Sunday, ET can exclusively reveal that the 10-episode series will debut Monday, July 10 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
From executive producer Craig Pearce (who co-wrote Romeo + Juliet, Moulin Rouge! and The Great Gatsby with director Baz Luhrmann), Will kicks off with a young William Shakespeare having just arrived onto the seductive and violent punk-rock theater scene in 16th-century London. His raw talent comes amid rioting audiences, religious fanatics and raucous sideshows, catching the eye of the beautiful and rebellious Alice Burbage (Olivia DeJonge).
Colm Meaney, Mattias Inwood, Jamie Campbell Bower and Ewen Bremner also star in the series, which tells the tale of Shakespeare’s early life with a contemporary twist and a soundtrack filled with modern music.
TNT also released a brand new teaser trailer to whet everyone’s appetite until the summer, and it has everything you’re looking for: sex, power and pure drama. See for yourself:

“Back then, [theater] was like rock ‘n’ roll or punk rock – this completely revolutionary [form of] entertainment,” Pearce said in January at the winter Television Critics Association press tour. “It wasn’t something for the intellectuals, it wasn’t something up on a pedestal, it was something for the masses.”
“He’s the most famous person in the world that people don’t really know anything about, except for a few facts and then beyond that there’s a lot of speculation,” he added.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Has anyone else watched? I think the show is great!
Old 09-05-2017, 10:53 PM
Master Fan

TNT's 'Will' Canceled After One Season | Hollywood Reporter
LightYears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, well ... it was a fun show