Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2003, 05:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Caught the interview.

It wasn't bad... But of course, it was a promo gig and they didn't really talk about the new direction the show is going in.

Last night's episode was funny... But still with this new kind of mean-spiritedness that seems to be taking over this once cute and appealing show.

A lot of the jokes and one liners where Holly being rude and or condescending to either Val and or her friends.

Even though Holly is supposed to be an opinionated teen, I just don't think that kind of humor is funny.

It also keeps screaming "adult in a kids body" which is what I still think they are doing with the character either because Amanda wants to act more mature and/or they think teens watching the show want a more "hip and edgy" main character they can relate to (which may or may not be the case; I don't know).
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 10:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

I personally thought that the last 2 episodes were really good. The first episode was the only one that I didn't particularly like.
sunniestar23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 06:34 PM
M3
Master Fan

My two favorite new cast members: (and if there's another thread/board for them, lemme know, I like this show!)

and if any webmasters are interested in getting celeb pictures for their sites, please PM me, I have some resources and my rates per picture are really really low! I need to try to recoup my own fan website costs [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Don't wanna be an American idiot. One nation controlled by the media.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

Oh how I loved the Holly/Vince kiss, it was a long time coming but it looks like tonight that there will be something in the way of happily ever after for the young lovers.

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]Nikki [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2004, 01:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, this show has changed a lot since last season but I think it's still good.

The only comment/question I have is, how come their Dad is never referred to? Its confusing
Old 01-24-2004, 01:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

I wonder about their mother too.
Old 01-24-2004, 08:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

I saw the episode last night (I'm not sure if it was new or not) and I couldn't help but get frustrated with Holly when she interrupted Val's date. I mean she just expected Val to drop everything and tend her needs. Am I the only one who was bothered by this??

Other than that it was a cute episode. I've loved Leslie Grossman since Popular, I think she's really funny. Oh yeah and this is my first post in this thread so... hi everyone [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2004, 10:45 AM
Elite Fan

Well nobody's ever accused Holly of being caring and sensitive. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I liked the episode, but I felt the Holly/Vince thing was a big let down and I can understand that he's a guy and he's going to sleep with other women but I think if he were that crazy over Holly, then he wouldn't have slept with that girl. I'm a huge H/V shipper and this really dissapointed me. I felt bad for Holly and I kinda wonder if this is going to be a constant theme throughout the rest of the season, Vince trying to become the man that Holly needs while at the same time, she'll be attracted to Henry again.

I don't want a love triangle, I just want Henry to move on, but I don't see it happening that way at all. I'm sure just when Vince feels like he can be there for Holly, she'll kiss Henry or something and Vince will see and it will be one big dramatic twist of things.

Onto other aspects of the episode, I loved the Gary working topless thing, damn he looked good too, but I want to hold him down and shave his fro, I hate that. I thought it was funny when Tina,Lauren, and Val all touched his chest at the end. I also liked the Tina/Gary interaction cause I've always felt like they would eventually hook up. They've got that cute Pacey/Joey banter going on and I think there are deeper feelings there.

I liked Val's date, but I thought he was a little more into Holly towards the end, he couldn't speak really and yes Holly is a very pretty girl, but Val is no dog ya know. He was in an episode of Sex and the City and I couldn't place him for the longest time, I do remember that his last name was Dick and that was the running gag of it.

I'm glad this thread is moving, I've been wanting to discuss the show for awhile and nobody would be around, let's keep it going guys!

Old 01-24-2004, 03:09 PM
Passionate Fan

i haven't seen much of this show but i really like it. it's so cute and fun. i like val and her boss he's so irritating but it's great to watch
Ferryboats #30, Desirables #31, LoVe #60, Guardian Angels #18, BGL #23,Harm/Mac, Cordy/Angel #111, Justice Seekers #14, Aurors #274, Brooke/Lucas, Therox, George/Meridith #6 Booth&Brennan #499 Mikita #173 Bo&Dyson #14 Applejacks #100

I knew. Right from the beginning.
ami_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 03:38 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not crazy about Val/Steven(I think that's the boss's name) but then again, I was partial to she and Jeff last season. I think she needs to be on her own with maybe a new love interest coming foreward around the end of the season.

I just want Holly/Vince together right now. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2004, 03:47 PM
Passionate Fan

i hate to say this, but i really liked last season a lot better than this season, maybe it is all the changes, but i dont think it is as good, and the sister relationship isnt there. or at least that much
Old 01-24-2004, 04:49 PM
Elite Fan

I liked the additions of Lauren and Vince, but beyond them, I'm not impressed with the cast, I would have much rather just had Val/Holly/Lauren/Vince/Gary/Jeff instead of the new group. I don't really like Tina or Henry that much to be honest. Tina doesn't really have a point to being there, Gary was Holly's best friend, what was wrong with that?

Old 01-24-2004, 11:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm also very tired of the Vince/Holly storyline. Hopefully they'll make a decision on what to do with the two of them. Seeing Gary working in the store was hilarious, especially when he told the customers that they had to buy something out of the store [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2004, 11:38 PM
New Fan

Hey! I was wondering if any one but me still watched
this! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] This was my favorite new show last season--
and I've still stuck w/ it thru all the changes this
year...

Still can't put my finger on what the difference is
between the 2 but this season the "timing" just seems
kind of whack. Despite the "revved-up" credits/scene
changes the whole season-arc is just about Holly's
break-up. They had Val's happen in a half hour last
year! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Plus last year seemed to have a lot
more self-contained eps compared to all this year's
continual "shipper" woes...

I'm used to all the new characters by now--and really
like Tina & Lauren even if (as freinds) they do dis-
tract from the sister dynamics that first appealed to
me. Plus, as a guy, hey more eye-candy [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I agree they're having Holly "grow up" to fast this
season--miss the innocent slapstick adventures of
last year. And the other poster's comments about lack
of family--Dad moved to Japan during the debut which
is what forced Holly to move in w/ Val to begin with..

Sorry to rant--but haven't found too many people
watching--especially now, since it's pitted against
Joan! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Maybe this will be a "sophomore slump"
and S3 will get back on track! Either way, Amanda
still has the best hair on television! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
pigglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 11:23 AM
Elite Fan

Amanda does have nice hair, but Jenny is also looking great this season, can you believe she just had a kid? I'm just so glad they don't have to hide her behind tables and such.

I think alot of why the episodes are not to self-contained this season is due to not having Jenny pregnant, last season I noticed that they mixed up the episode order so it didn't really look like Jenny was sitting behind something for five episodes straight, they would have one episode where she was clearly not pregnant or in the early months and then they would put an episode on the following week where all you saw would be her behind something or with a big coat on and you knew she was hiding it. This season, they don't have to worry about it and can do a story arc with the season I suppose.