Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2018, 04:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think Teddy can come back now that the Cradle has been destroyed. Without their backups, dead means dead. That's why Clementine is the way she is now. And The Forge isn't meant for creating hosts, it's meant for creating human host hybrids.

I did think the twist about the hats carrying brain scanners was a bit off, because not everyone in the park wore a hat. And what about guests in Shogun World or The Raj?
Old 06-18-2018, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
That was a shocking episode.

Well, it looks like it's gonna come down to just William and Dolores in a showdown.

Anyone still doubt he's a host-human hybrid?
It was

Certainly looks like it

Guess we will find out next week
Old 06-18-2018, 05:21 AM
Total Fan

Sad to see Teddy go. At least he went out on his own terms, telling Dolores some hard truths.

The hat scanner does seem like an obvious retcon.

Funny how Westworld basically has zombies now.
Old 06-18-2018, 05:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, it was sad to see Teddy go like that.

That is pretty funny lol, that doesn't lead to an massive quality drop like TWD did in the last two seasons
Old 06-18-2018, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

NOOO Teddyyyyyyyy what I don't really get is that Dolores actually failed to change his core, he was still very much there, so why did he need to end it maybe he was able to control some things but just felt like there was too much blood on his hands already.. I guess there is some comfort in the fact that it was his choice to go this time
his speech was so beautiful, how he stayed devoted to Dolores til the end but while he said he could never hurt her, indirectly he still did, because his decision clearly broke Dolores. it'll be interesting to see if it changes anything in her

also I'm not sure but I'll hold on to the hope that he can be brought back again whatever anyone says and it seemed to me in the season premiere that there was no head wound on him when he was in the water, so I'm not sure again how the TL's are or I just missed something.

Maeve and Ford's scene was really cool and I'm glad he was able to putsome more strength in her to keep going. by the preview for next week it looks like she'll be very much on top of things

oh my gosh, William not only drove half of his family to death he also murdered his own daughter this guy's completely lost it. I'm really gonna miss Grace. even though she was William's blood she was really cool and I really liked her character..

Old 06-18-2018, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Teddy
Old 06-18-2018, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

But the cradle just kept a version of Teddy stored in there, they still have the technology in real time to fix them dont they? If they are essentially like computers that can be fixed and reprogrammed....

Also i don't think that what Bernard told Elsie about the forge was the entire truth. Ford told him not to trust her, she also seemed hesitant to believe it. It sounds true but is it?

The hat scanner thing is definitely strange because not everyone wears them, but maybe they just take all the data from the ones that do.

I also loved seeing Logan in the promo!

Also Emily says she threw out the box and then when she went to go get it, it was gone. So how could she have gotten the info on William? Did the mom take it out of trash? Is that what happened? However, we never actually saw her get scanned, we never saw him cut into her arm... so theres still a chance she is one.

I'm pretty sure Maeve and Clementine might go against each other in the finale.

This show is frustrating because you dont know what to believe and not to believe because at any moment they can just change things up lol.

Last edited by Alexa; 06-18-2018 at 02:50 PM
Old 06-18-2018, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi||iê Måë (View Post)
Teddy
Have you caught up with all of the S2 episodes yet?
Old 06-19-2018, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi||iê Måë (View Post)
Teddy
it's just..so sad

Old 06-19-2018, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)
it's just..so sad
It really is
Old 06-20-2018, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think that Emily is a host at all. I think things happened just as they showed it. Juliet faked being asleep and listened to everything that William told her, and then she took out his profile and looked at it, then put it in the music box for Emily to find. Yeah, Emily threw it out, but Juliet obviously went and got it. So no, I don't think Emily is a host. If she were, that would diminish the impact it had on William, realizing that he'd just killed his daughter, mistaking her for a host, and how far gone he is to where he can't tell what's real and what isn't anymore, even cutting into his own arm to see if he's a host-human hybrid.

Oh, and did anyone else notice that scene when William and Juliet were at the party at the start of the last episode, when Juliet asks him if something's wrong, and he tells her, "No, of course not," and she replies, "Good. Look around, everybody's here for you. What could possibly compare?" Then she walks away and he sees Dolores walking towards him with a tray of champagne glasses, which then turns out to be just an unknown blonde woman serving champagne. After 30 years he still can't get her out of his mind, which is why he told Juliet that he never really belonged to her or to this world, that he belonged to another world and always has.

And with the Cradle gone, both Teddy and Clementine are permanently gone because as Dolores herself said, it was what chained them to Westworld and now they're free. But being free also means that there's no coming back from death. The only thing that's stored in The Forge are the minds of the humans who have had their consciousness copied and transferred into control units waiting for implantation, like James Delos, and apparently Logan. Plus, it would probably diminish the effect and purpose of Teddy's act, which was to throw Dolores' hypocrisy right back in her face and give Teddy his final act of free will and rebellion.

And yes, I think it's all gonna come down to Maeve vs. Clementine. And did you notice how Maeve is the only one who's managed to keep her entire group alive? Hector, Armistice, Lee, Hanaryo, Felix, and Sylvester are all still alive and finally catch up with Maeve in the season finale trailer. They all look on in astonishment as Maeve unleashes attacking host bison on the Delos guards.

Here's the trailer. And am I seeing what I think I'm seeing? Is that William pointing his gun at Dolores' head and then Dolores is holding William's gun and setting the hammer back at 0:41, and William and Dolores riding side by side towards the valley at 0:37?

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 06-20-2018 at 04:35 PM
Old 06-20-2018, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the promo Alex.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think anything is possible on this show. Because we haven't gotten confirmation that shes human, I think she easily could be a host. Not saying she is for sure, but its possible. As far as the box goes, the story could have been purposely off. Again, I dont necessarily think thats true but again, possible. I dont think it would take away from William's reaction because HE thought she was his daughter. So that regret is still there whether she truly was his daughter or not.

I really dont care about the William/Dolores flashbacks at all and that disgusting love story lol. If you can even call it that. But hey, they are both psycho's now. But if you ship a rapist with the person he rapes then go for it.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I guess we will find out in the finale where Emily is an host and I think that can go either way. Emily being host would definitely cheapen the effect it killing her had on William though
Old 06-21-2018, 05:19 AM
Total Fan

Yeah, realizing he gunned down his own daughter has driven him off the deep end. Finding out it was just a fake, that his Emily is still alive and well, would undo all that. He would no longer have a reason to pursue whatever crazy, suicidal endgame he's on now.

Last we saw, New Clem was still alive and presumably operating on an exact copy of Clem's build, so I'm holding out hope somebody will fix Clem by merging the two together like Arnold did to Dolores with Wyatt. I just want her to be okay.

I wouldn't complain too hard if it turned somebody had a secret copy of Teddy's code on a USB stick somewhere.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top