Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Elite Fan

The Wedding Bells #1: The Bell Sisters Are Coming!

Welcome To The 1st Wedding Bells Thread!!!

Press Release for "The Wedding Bells"

Premieres Friday, March 9th 9/8c

Special sneak peek Wednesday, March 7 following American Idol!

From executive producers David E. Kelley, Jason Katims and Jonathan Pontell comes THE WEDDING BELLS, a romantic dramedy about a family-owned wedding planning business dedicated to helping its clients live happily ever after … or at least until they get to the parking lot.

The BELL sisters, ANNIE (KaDee Strickland), JANE (Teri Polo) and SAMMY (Sarah Jones), inherited The Wedding Palace after their parents' divorce. Now they must navigate the endless complications of planning elaborate weddings while trying to figure out where they stand in their own complicated love lives.

From dealing with high-maintenance Bridezillas and their families to calming wedding-day jitters, the trio of planners and their loyal staff do their utmost to make sure that every bride's special day is a dream-come-true, as they attempt to take their burgeoning company from wedding emporium to wedding empire.

Adding to the behind-the-scenes chaos are photographer DAVID CONLON (Michael Landes), whose tension-filled dealings with Annie are clearly the result of pent-up sexual chemistry; and RUSSELL HAWKINS (Benjamin King), Jane's husband and the company COO.

Russell was hired to attract a higher-end clientele and take the business to the next level while simultaneously cutting costs, which isn't very easy because the women like to give clients little extras that keep eating up the profits.

Meanwhile, Jane is constantly fending off the advances of their head chef, Ernesto. Then there's wedding singer RALPH SNOW (Chris Williams), who always aspired to be the next Lenny Kravitz, but instead is stuck crooning endless cover songs and retro medleys for unappreciative wedding guests.

Whatever the glitch en route to getting hitched, THE WEDDING BELLS have seen it all. They've mastered the art of guiding couples down the aisle; but have they ignored their own personal relationships along the way?

THE WEDDING BELLS is created by Jason Katims and David E. Kelley and produced by David E. Kelley Productions in association with 20th Century Fox Television. David E. Kelley, Jason Katims and Jonathan Pontell are the executive producers.

KaDee Strickland as Annie Bell

Teri Polo as Jane Bell

Sarah Jones as Sammy Bell

Michael Landes as David Conlon

Benjamin King as Russell Hawkins

Chris Williams as Ralph Snow

TCA pic:

Credit goes to their respective owners

Promos And/Or Clips:
YouTube - The Wedding Bells FOX New Series: TVRatingsUSA.com
KaDee Strickland Biography, Photos, News for KaDee Strickland | TVGuide.com

Other Supporting Threads:
http://www.fanforum.com/f31/kadee-st...-fox-62787003/

Offical Website:
FOX Broadcasting Company: Wedding Bells

Thread Supporters!:
1. Dreamer 4 Ever
2. -Miranda-
3. AmericanDirrty
4. -Louise-
5. wbjunkie
6. Sunnyolaf
7. Honey-Girl
8. DigificWriter
9. how2savealife
10. Faith Mars

If you wanted to be added, please let me know. Happy Posting!
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]

Last edited by Dreamer 4 Ever; 03-31-2007 at 12:50 PM
Dreamer 4 Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Add me! I've requested a board for TWB so hopefully in April/May we'll have a board.

The beautiful, Shiri Appleby.
Icon - evangelin
Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Elite Fan

Added ya hun You are the first person to post here with me Are you doing anything for the premiere?
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Old 03-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer 4 Ever (View Post)
Added ya hun You are the first person to post here with me Are you doing anything for the premiere?
We have great taste. This show looks hilarious. I love the promo. Like when Annie is trying to tell the bride she isn't nervous and the bride is like 'ohhh, shut up!!'

And when the one guy is snapping pictures and calling the bride a sexy tart. 'What are you doing next week? Oh, stop it!'

You mean besides watching it? There isn't a party planned or anything like that. Just me and my tv.

Icon - evangelin
Old 03-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

I know, I mean besides KaDee being in it of course, it looks awesome and a great spot for a Friday night when nothing is on.

Well a friend of mine is coming over to watch it. She actually met KaDee once and I kinda met her too
Old 03-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer 4 Ever (View Post)
I know, I mean besides KaDee being in it of course, it looks awesome and a great spot for a Friday night when nothing is on.

Well a friend of mine is coming over to watch it. She actually met KaDee once and I kinda met her too
Yeah, I don't have anything planned that day. I can always record it though.

And do tell - when did you kinda meet her? Details please!

Icon - evangelin
Old 03-06-2007, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

Well, a friend of mine is coming over to watch it with me so it will be fun.

I kinda met her in Austin, when Jason's film Shooting Livien was at SXSW and at that time KaDee wasn't blonde no more so I didn't totally recognize her at first but she is a really nice person. And Letty and Cherie met her at the Just Like Heaven premiere back in 2005 before Jason and KaDee got engaged.

Cute article that was found today:

Ellen Gray | 'Bells' role comes easy to KaDee Strickland

THE WEDDING BELLS.

KADEE STRICKLAND brings on-the-job experience to her role as a wedding planner in David E. Kelley's new Fox series, "The Wedding Bells."

" 'I'm an expert on the subject,' " Strickland said she told the show's casting director when they first met. " 'I've been doing this for the past... few months of my life.' "

Married in November to fellow actor Jason Behr ("Roswell"), the 1998 University of the Arts grad, honored last year with the school's Silver Star Alumni Award, said she planned every step of the Ojai, Calif., ceremony in tandem with Behr, who was working on a film in New Zealand and arrived home just five days before they were married.

At one point, that meant flying to New Zealand, said Strickland, whose Georgia accent sounds untouched by the years she spent here.

"I came with all of the ideas. I'd send him e-mails when I'd go to the florist and then we'd shoot the pictures through the Internet and then talk about it," she said.

"There were hiccups" on the big day, she acknowledged.

"But when you have someone make an invitation that you've designed, and when you do little details yourself - like he and I chose to give favors that we made together, with our hands, so when you took something away that day, our hands had been in it - it's just more special that way," Strickland said.

"I was very specific about where I wanted to be on that day in terms of where my heart was, and that's exactly where it was. And when I walked down the aisle, the only thing in the world that mattered to me was right there," she said.

If you're winking away a tear around now, then you're probably going to enjoy "The Wedding Bells," a romantic comedy from David E. Kelley that might just be his least edgy work in years.

Sure, Strickland's character, Annie, the middle sister in a trio that took over their divorced parents' wedding business, appears to be a bit more romance-resistant than the actress playing her.

And, OK, Annie's younger sister, Sammy (Sarah Jones), does seem to have a weakness for groomsmen, while the company chef (Costas Mandylor) seems only to have eyes for her older, married sister (Dover, Del.'s Teri Polo).

But for those accustomed to Kelley's "Boston Legal" political screeds or his "Ally McBeal" hallucinations or the way "The Practice" had with heads and bowling bags, "Wedding Bells," with its Bridezillas and Momzillas, is going to feel like the ultimate no-spin zone.

With nary a dancing baby - or a severed body part - in sight.

That last bit was one of the attractions for Strickland, who's managed to support herself in films in recent years and thus has relatively little experience in television. (She and Behr met on "The Grudge.")

She first read Kelley's pilot a couple of weeks after her wedding.

"When I saw this script, I was blown away by it. I mean, David Kelley's obviously one of the most formidable writers of our time," she said, "but the subject of love and commitment is something to me that I want to walk into every day. It's a lot better than dead bodies."

Not that seeing dead people means nothing to her.

Strickland's first movie role was "Visitor No. 5" in M. Night Shyamalan's 1999 hit "The Sixth Sense," a two-line part that she landed while waiting tables at Rittenhouse Square's Marathon on the Square.

At the time, Strickland was also interning for Mike Lemon Casting, which handled local casting for the film, and had become familiar with the script while helping other actors read.

Shyamalan, she said, came into the restaurant with three associates from the film. Three of the four men, she recalled, ordered turkey sandwiches and when the fourth ordered a salad, one of the others jokingly accused him of breaking "continuity."

Strickland's response: "What are you, in the film business?"

At which point, she recognized Shyamalan - then years away from the American Express commercials that would make him a semi-famous face - and complimented him on his script, "never dreaming for a second he was going to hire his waitress," she said.

"On the set, he's very personal," Strickland said. "It doesn't matter if you have two lines... or if you're Bruce Willis. When I walked on to the set, he was very sweet. And I said to him, 'I'm not serving you food today.' "

She did, however, serve up a bigger performance than even Shyamalan might have expected.

As one of the visitors to a house following the funeral of a young girl, "I didn't know that the extras don't have to cry every take," she said.

"I tried to cry for 12 hours," she said. "You learn to temper that."

Source: Philadelphia Daily News.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Total Fan

I wasn't going to watch this at first but if Michael Landes is in it I'll give it a try. It sounds sort of cute.

icon by

Sarah
Sunnyolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome

Yvonne added two clips to her site KADEE-STRICKLAND ORG | | your #1 source for everything KaDee Strickland
Old 03-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Master Fan

Please add me to the supporters. I'm so excited for the premiere tomorrow, it looks good.
AmericanDirrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:26 AM
Elite Fan

Welcome to the thread!
Old 03-07-2007, 12:50 AM
Master Fan

I'm excited for this show, mainly for Michael Landes - he was in one of my favourite UK shows Love Soup and of course Superman (the TV show).

You can add me to the supporter list as well .
-Louise- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:43 AM
Master Fan

This show looks interesting and I have loved Teri Polo forever.
Merlin_Bodhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks to Vicki for the article!

Does Legal Eagle David E. Kelley Throw a Wild Wedding?
by Matt Webb Mitovich

The prolific writer-producer who gave us Ally McBeal, The Practice and Boston Legal invites you tonight at 9 pm/ET to spend some time with The Wedding Bells, a Fox series about three sisters who labor to help couples find their "happily ever after" — at least until they reach the catering hall's parking lot. KaDee Strickland (The Grudge), the Southern belle who plays middle sis Annie Bell, shared with TVGuide.com a preview. TVGuide.com: Did you hear about the toasters? As part of the PR push, Fox sent toasters to reporters, wrapped up as wedding gifts.
KaDee Strickland: That's perfect! I hope you enjoy your toaster.

TVGuide.com: No, I'm totally going to regift this — though I hear it has a Wedding Bells logo on the side.
Strickland: Well, you can send it to me. I got married [to Grudge costar Jason Behr] in November, and I didn't get one....

TVGuide.com: How are you describing Annie Bell to people?
Strickland: Annie is a middle child through and through. An overachiever, the glue that holds the sisters [Jane, Annie and Sammy] together.... And she's quite good at what she does, except for her personal life. That she needs some work on.

TVGuide.com: In the Charlie's Angels scheme of things, who's the brains, who's the beauty, and who's the butt-kicker?
Strickland: I think it's an amalgamation of all three. We hand the baton very evenly, depending on whatever needs to show up at the time.

TVGuide.com: Now, you're not your usual blonde for this role....
Strickland: Not any more! You're officially talking to me the day after they made me blonde again.

TVGuide.com: Really? Do they address it on the show?
Strickland: That's why I did it — it's part of the plot! You get a script and the next day you're in the salon. But yes, the dark hair was deliberate, but now suddenly I'm blonde again.

TVGuide.com: What kind of David E. Kelley trademarks are you seeing on The Wedding Bells? I mean, you're not lawyers....
Strickland: The trademark we see here, I think, is an incredible capacity to have a sense of humanity in a very crazy world. David pulls out the most extraordinary elements of true human character and drama, the funniest things from people's faces and body language. He just creates a world where anything can be expressed and it's safe, because it doesn't come from a mean place. [And just as he does with] all that lawyer dialogue, he shows both sides of a conversation. You can't leave one of his shows and not understand both points of view. People do crazy stuff when they get married, and whether it's the guy getting cold feet, or the woman getting cold feet, or the mother of the bride... David is a master at capturing that behavior.

TVGuide.com: How are you liking your sisters, Teri Polo (Meet the Parents) and Sarah Jones?
Strickland: We were spoiled, because we had a rehearsal period prior to the show to create and improvise and make a history between ourselves, which you don't get with a film. By the time we showed up for the first day of shooting, we'd seen each other good, bad, right and wrong, and laughed along the way the entire time. They're just wonderful women with true, good character. I'm having a blast.

TVGuide.com: Sammy, the "bimbo sister," is a riot. Are we going to see at some point that she uses condoms during her casual wedding-planning indiscretions?
Strickland: I will say that she changes.... You get to see a real growth in her. Everyone gets to really explore different aspects of themselves, which is probably why I'm [now] a blonde. Maybe I'll get wild!

TVGuide.com: Are we going to have "wacky guest stars" showing up as, like, clergymen and such...?
Strickland: Oh, maybe Alex Rocco from The Godfather? Maybe Academy Award winner Cloris Leachman? Delta Burke, Missi Pyle (now a series regular), Pamela Adlon... I could just rattle for days, honey. Fyvush Finkel, Renée Taylor... we've just been blessed.

TVGuide.com: This is a fun show to watch for anyone who has ever planned a wedding, because certain things will undoubtedly ring true. You will recognize squabbles and points of contention....
Strickland: That's the truth. Obviously most people know someone who is married, has gotten married or is planning on getting married, and that stuff is sort of all across the board, and that makes it very universal. It's not heavy-handed towards women. It's not "romantic comedy for chicks." It certainly is wonderful for women to watch, but he balances it out with what the guys are feeling. You get to feel everyone's point of view.

TVGuide.com: As you said earlier, you just got married last fall. Were you like, "The last thing I need is more wedding planning!"?
Strickland: No, when I went in to meet the producers, I was so caught up in the wonder of what that was for me, because for me it was a beautiful, perfect experience. I love it. I mean, getting to go to work and plan weddings, or "perform surgery," or "be a cop".... I love that I do this.

TVGuide.com: You met Jason Behr during filming of The Grudge. Nothing sets the mood like a horror film set, eh?
Strickland: I tell you, that was one of the craziest experiences. He and I, as individuals, love Japan and always had an affinity for it, and neither of us knew the other person's work, but when I met him we pretty much became instant best friends because we would run off and explore anything. We were a little obsessive about the culture! The foundation of that interest developed over time, and here we are, I'm a very happy bride!

TVGuide.com: Regale me with a fun anecdote from the set of Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid.
Strickland: If I really tell it to you, you might vomit. If you've seen the movie, you know that I fell into a pit of snakes, a scene which I shot in Fiji, with a full moon, in the middle of the night, and there was oil and local dirt in that water. So let's just say... a girl loses some weight the next day. You get sick. That's my favorite anecdote because no matter whether I want to forget it or not, no therapist could take that memory out of my mind.

TVGuide.com: Before we go, tell me about The Flock, the film you have coming up with Richard Gere, Claire Danes and... Avril Lavigne?
Strickland: Yeah, Avril Lavigne's in it, as well. Basically, I play a female sex offender — the antithesis of a wedding planner! For me, it was a really important story to tell because culturally, we need to be accountable for the way we look at sex offenders and that whole culture — how we're responsible and how we're not. There's nothing particularly unique about the subject, because every time you walk down the street, chances are you encounter someone much like my character. It was a real opportunity to look at a counterculture that's actually not counter at all, it's very real, very next door to you. I can't wait to see it, because it is a very raw, intense drama.

TVGuide.com: How did Avril do?
Strickland: I have to tell you, she was wonderful. She was perfectly cast, for one....

TVGuide.com: Oh, what sort of character is she playing?
Strickland: You'll have to watch the movie to see! I will say that as I walked on set while they were filming her stuff, I thought she was really perfectly placed in that role. She's luminous, actually.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Addicted Fan

can you add me too??? it seems like it's going to be a pretty good show and it's really exciting that Jason Katims is involved!

PHICK♥JASAM♥Clois♥TnT♥PHELANIE♥CARBO♥Brucas♥VILLY♥Jannie♥Carson♥Jara♥Nookie♥Rylee♥ Jolie♥ Mabby♥Shelle♥ET♥Lumi ♥Shack♥LL2
wbjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top