Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2019, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA504 (View Post)
I hated Shane too

Tia all this time I never knew you watched twd when did you start watching?

NOOO. URG! We can't be friends anymore.
Haha. lol

Shane was the greatest character in TWD history! his scene at the barn is also the greatest TWD scene. He was just spilling the truths. lol

I've been watching for 2 years which is why. lol
I tried the Pilot 3 times and I liked the Pilot but never wanted to continue watching. So I always watched the first episode and never returned back to it.

But eventually on Netflix I said I will go through the first season! and I started from episode 1x01 yet again, loved it and just kept on going to the next episode! and I didn't fall in love in season 1... but I enjoyed it. Season 2 came around, and I was a little bored until 2x07 and that's really how I started to love Shane.

Shane was a character I disliked and assumed there was no way I could ever like him but his extreme personality made me just love him in season 2. Only because I felt the group were making stupid decisions. No one had a mind of their own besides Shane... I loved Shane for stating the obvious that everyone is looking for a girl who is most likely dead.... I was just a fan of his and it made me love TWD even more.

Season 3 is when I really finally started to love the show for the show! season 3-5 was just on fire for me.

Season 7... that season was just straight up torture to watch... it wasn't about Zombies anymore, it was about Neegan and the survivors and I could really care less. I was close to quitting the show but just decided to keep watching and here I am now. lol
Old 03-25-2019, 04:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Yeah Tia you're ruining your best friendship on with these characters you like

Yes the barn scene was great but Shane annoyed me and was just to extreme and crazy for me.

of all the characters that were killed Andrea was my favorite I was so mad when she fell for the Governor I just overlook that and remember her at her best

I need Maggie and Rick back on the show tho.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah Tia you're ruining your best friendship on with these characters you like

Yes the barn scene was great but Shane annoyed me and was just to extreme and crazy for me.

of all the characters that were killed Andrea was my favorite I was so mad when she fell for the Governor I just overlook that and remember her at her best

I need Maggie and Rick back on the show tho.

I think when it comes to characters on TWD, we are totally not seeing eye to eye.
We both at least like Daryl and Michonne right????

Also I felt that Lori was the most irrelevant character of the series. Best thing she did was give birth to Carl and Judith....

Killing Carl off was also the biggest mistake for TWD... I still don't get the decision... and the crazy thing is that Henry was suppose to be like that next Carl and it never really went right and he got killed off so.

You do know Andrea loved her some Shane right?

Andrew Lincoln left and is going over to the movies. Maggie will return next season though.. part time.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)

I think when it comes to characters on TWD, we are totally not seeing eye to eye.
We both at least like Daryl and Michonne right????

Also I felt that Lori was the most irrelevant character of the series. Best thing she did was give birth to Carl and Judith....

Killing Carl off was also the biggest mistake for TWD... I still don't get the decision... and the crazy thing is that Henry was suppose to be like that next Carl and it never really went right and he got killed off so.

You do know Andrea loved her some Shane right?

Andrew Lincoln left and is going over to the movies. Maggie will return next season though.. part time.
Oh yeah both are in my top five

Yeah that was one of the worst decisions by the show. Killing Carl off. I really thought he was the future of the show.

Yeah I know can't wait to see how it looks.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Oh yeah both are in my top five

Yeah that was one of the worst decisions by the show. Killing Carl off. I really thought he was the future of the show.

Yeah I know can't wait to see how it looks.

FINALLY we are in agreement. It took us a long time to get there but we are there. lolol

Happy you agree with that... killing Carl off was only for shock value and nothing else.
My dream senerio was always if Rick unfortunately died... it'd be Carl to take over...
I am sure the writers realized how stupid it was killing him off when Andrew Lincoln decided to leave. SMH.

To this day, I can't get the Carl death... it just still upsets me. lol

I hope the TWD movies are good... no idea what to expect from them.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:

FINALLY we are in agreement. It took us a long time to get there but we are there. lolol

Happy you agree with that... killing Carl off was only for shock value and nothing else.
My dream senerio was always if Rick unfortunately died... it'd be Carl to take over...
I am sure the writers realized how stupid it was killing him off when Andrew Lincoln decided to leave. SMH.

To this day, I can't get the Carl death... it just still upsets me. lol

I hope the TWD movies are good... no idea what to expect from them.

and they had been teasing Carl dying so many times by the time they went through with it there was no suspense. And Chandler was just as shocked when the writers told him. He wanted to continue on the show.

Yeah I wanna know if it'll be the same SL or different...
Old 03-25-2019, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

and they had been teasing Carl dying so many times by the time they went through with it there was no suspense. And Chandler was just as shocked when the writers told him. He wanted to continue on the show.

Yeah I wanna know if it'll be the same SL or different...
I know. It was so sad and I felt terrible for Chandler. He truly looked devested in interviews when asked about it.
I just really don't get why the TWD writers felt they had to do it? A move like that is what made me 100% get behind Scott Gimple not being the showrunner anymore. He still is a bit involved but Angela Kang is really in charge now and I've enjoyed the transistion because she did stop making it the Neegan series, and I do feel she is trying to flesh things out better.

Scott just did a terrible job season 7-8... and even some of season 6, I just didn't get most of the decisions. I felt like it got to the point of just killing characters off for shock value with no significance.

I am assuming the first TWD movie will take place during Rick Grimes first 6 years being "dead"... but no idea what it's going to be about. lol Wonder if Michonne will make a appearance since we all know Danai is leaving the series next season.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

They need to get back to surviving the zombie aspect of the show which is when the show is at it's best. I have no problem with meeting new groups/characters but to make them the focus of the season gets tedious.

I'm cool with the first one leading up to the virus happening an everything like on the show but the next ones will need to be original not paying money to see the same SL I saw on tv
Old 03-25-2019, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
They need to get back to surviving the zombie aspect of the show which is when the show is at it's best. I have no problem with meeting new groups/characters but to make them the focus of the season gets tedious.

I'm cool with the first one leading up to the virus happening an everything like on the show but the next ones will need to be original not paying money to see the same SL I saw on tv

I completely agree. I enjoy the show best when they are just going up against zombies! I miss the days when the biggest threat was who is getting bitten by a zombie next!
I enjoyed those Prison Seasons as well! The whole cast were together trying to survive.

I thought they were going to be AMC exclusive movies or something.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Yeah when they were clearing out the prison that was intense

Oh ok.. I didn't know. lol
Old 03-25-2019, 11:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Absolutely NOT on board with daryl and connie. I dont see any chemsity there and id prefer Daryl single tbh. Its nice to have a character that appears to be ace for once on tv.

The episode was definitely something! Didnt expect that many people to die. Tara and Enid and Henry. ... Not THAT sad to see any of them go. I never felt like Tara or Enid had all thatt much to do. Too bad it wasnt Gabriel instead. I would have also preferred they kill Ezekiel to Henry just becasue thats so sad for Carol to lose another kid. But I cant wait to see how she is going to handle Alpha.

I totally want an Alpha and Negan showdown!

Love the snow!
Old 03-26-2019, 10:53 AM
Elite Fan

Carol killing Alpha is just another. Terminator mon my for Carol and we've already done that twice and Henry dying is literally Sophia all over again..cheap.

I see people complaining about the victims but we've already lost Dwight, Carl, Rick, Morgan, Maggie and now Michonne is leaving next season so they can't afford to lose anymore real fan favorites and there's the fact that the Whisperer war will wipe out a few characters

They did the representation from the comic perfectly but that weird music was obnoxious
Old 03-26-2019, 10:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

I completely agree. I enjoy the show best when they are just going up against zombies! I miss the days when the biggest threat was who is getting bitten by a zombie next!
I enjoyed those Prison Seasons as well! The whole cast were together trying to survive.

I thought they were going to be AMC exclusive movies or something.
YEah but the series was never about the zombies as a central conflict, it's been about people being just as big of a threat. The groups learned to deal with them long ago so that's just as overdone
Old 03-26-2019, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
YEah but the series was never about the zombies as a central conflict, it's been about people being just as big of a threat. The groups learned to deal with them long ago so that's just as overdone

I felt season 1-2, it definitely was about zombies as the main threat! I even remember in season 3 when the zombies were a threat even when we saw bad humans!
We usually feared the characters dying because of a zombie bite not because of a human all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Absolutely NOT on board with daryl and connie. I dont see any chemsity there and id prefer Daryl single tbh. Its nice to have a character that appears to be ace for once on tv.

The episode was definitely something! Didnt expect that many people to die. Tara and Enid and Henry. ... Not THAT sad to see any of them go. I never felt like Tara or Enid had all thatt much to do. Too bad it wasnt Gabriel instead. I would have also preferred they kill Ezekiel to Henry just becasue thats so sad for Carol to lose another kid. But I cant wait to see how she is going to handle Alpha.

I totally want an Alpha and Negan showdown!

Love the snow!

It's okay to disagree. I absolutely love their chemistry and have seen it right from their first scene. And that's how things will be sometimes, 50/50... and from what I've seen a lot do love them together and some don't... I've seen obviously a lot of Daryl/Carol shippers against it especially. lol
I like Daryl as a loner but I liked Connie/Daryl potential right from their first season so agreeing to disagree on that one.

And yeah... I actually sort of agree with not feeling that sad for the ones who died. Even though if ironically it was a pretty sad scene in a way?
I truly believed Ezekiel was going to die so I'm happy he didn't since I prefer him a whole of a heck lot better than I do Henry... Henry just annoyed me. However, I only feel sad for his death because of Carol... but Ezekiel lost a child as well so I feel for both of them.

I want an Alpha vs Neegan however I still want Carol to deliver the kill....

Old 03-26-2019, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just cant see Daryl in a relationship. except maybe with a guy

I just hope they dont drag Alpha out forever.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top