Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2018, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

It was a dumb situation to begin with really but to be fair they might not have known that AL was going to decide and play it this way.

The showrunners have already said that Daryl is going to take up the role as the series lead...that just makes me want to take the show off DVR.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Of course they think that
Old 05-29-2018, 09:19 PM
Elite Fan

I know

I promised myself I'd stick around till the end somehow even if Rick died but if Daryl is going to be the star of the series..no thanks.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

More dumber? Thats not a phrase. Its just, dumber.

This is stupidddddd. Killing off the main character? No. How can the show go on? I mean, I get HOW, its killed people before, but i totally agree if they had killed Rick instead then Carl could have sort of gone on to be the leader. And what does this mean for Michonne then? Surely they are going to actually kill Rick off, which is going to suck.

I dont see season 9 being the last though. It still gets good ratings, and I heard they just negotiated a new deal with Norman... I personally think its a smart move though because people love Norman. Plus we've been kinda given the shaft for him for the last few seasons, he really hasnt been in the series all that much? So i am glad to be getting more of him personally.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
I know

I promised myself I'd stick around till the end somehow even if Rick died but if Daryl is going to be the star of the series..no thanks.
I think season 9 will be my last season too.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:03 AM
Elite Fan

^I don't even want to keep watching with everything going on.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Carl actor wasn't that good of an actor. He wouldn't be able to do all that was coming from comic books, where he is pretty much a main character. He should've been killed ages ago.
Now, Rick is different, by far the best acting perfomance. I don't think they'd kill him off, he'll probably leave somewhere (maybe with Maggie and Michonne) and only appear in series finale. The show has at least two season left even if ratings are crushing.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
More dumber? Thats not a phrase. Its just, dumber.

This is stupidddddd. Killing off the main character? No. How can the show go on? I mean, I get HOW, its killed people before, but i totally agree if they had killed Rick instead then Carl could have sort of gone on to be the leader. And what does this mean for Michonne then? Surely they are going to actually kill Rick off, which is going to suck.

I dont see season 9 being the last though. It still gets good ratings, and I heard they just negotiated a new deal with Norman... I personally think its a smart move though because people love Norman. Plus we've been kinda given the shaft for him for the last few seasons, he really hasnt been in the series all that much? So i am glad to be getting more of him personally.
More dumber? Nobody even said that! I

Some people love Norman, sure. But his character is what matters and the last few years plenty of people have gotten tired of his character multiple message boards, YT, Facebook do a good job of proving it. He isn't an interesting character and a good chance he doesn't have what it takes to play a lead. Hasn't been in the series all that much..wrong. Him and Carol, Michonne and Rick are on 90% of the time while other characters are pushed into the background and forgotten about aka Maggie, Morgan, Jesus, Aaron, Dwight, Ezekiel..etc.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Da...on_(TV_Series)

Look at the list of his appearances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
Carl actor wasn't that good of an actor. He wouldn't be able to do all that was coming from comic books, where he is pretty much a main character. He should've been killed ages ago.
Now, Rick is different, by far the best acting perfomance. I don't think they'd kill him off, he'll probably leave somewhere (maybe with Maggie and Michonne) and only appear in series finale. The show has at least two season left even if ratings are crushing.
Wasn't that good of an actor? Suuree. Definitely explains why so many people were pissed off that his character got killed off. Wouldn't be able to do the comic book stuff? He'd pull it off with no problem, he's one of the better actors on the show, period. He's the reason that Rick has done everything he has to protect Carl and make sure his future is what it should be, so killing off his character would make the original premise of the series completely stupid. Rick is not going to just up and disappear, he'd never leave anyone that he considers family and they definitely wouldn't send off a character with him except maybe Maggie and even she wouldn't leave Hilltop, the place where she's become leader behind. Ratings for this season have reached S2 lows, which should say something.

Last edited by Ropetuned; 05-30-2018 at 01:00 PM
Old 05-30-2018, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesophia (View Post)
^I don't even want to keep watching with everything going on.
Me neither
Old 05-30-2018, 06:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

Just found that some want to leave the show and this is me..

I have feeling that they are waiting until they need to renew it when some don't want to and some want to do another project.. They should end it w/ him..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 05-30-2018, 09:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Everyone has fans, but this boy wasn't a good actor. He was okay when young, but now not so much. Typical child actor situation.
Either way, the show is done. They should've done this: announce that 10th season is the last and end it one somewhat high note. Maggie and Rick could've sign shorter contracts for two seasons knowing show is going to end, but AMC probably want to suck more seasons out of it. 12 is very least. I can go on forever tbh.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
More dumber? Nobody even said that!
Yes they did. LOL. it was on the last page, but it was edited.

Michonne isn't leaving is she???

Quote:
Some people love Norman, sure. But his character is what matters and the last few years plenty of people have gotten tired of his character multiple message boards, YT, Facebook do a good job of proving it. He isn't an interesting character and a good chance he doesn't have what it takes to play a lead. Hasn't been in the series all that much..wrong. Him and Carol, Michonne and Rick are on 90% of the time while other characters are pushed into the background and forgotten about aka Maggie, Morgan, Jesus, Aaron, Dwight, Ezekiel..etc.
First of all, dont speak to me like i haven't been watching the show for the last 8 freaking years. I know what show i am watching and i know who has what screen time. Stop being so condescending.

Norman had a lot of focus and attention in the earlier seasons, but in the recent year he really hasnt had a lot of screen time. Sure hes in a lot of episodes that doesnt mean he has a good storyline? Id argue that Jaydis, Rick, and Negan had the most screen time of anyone. Daryl is often just sort of in the background as of late not really doing all that much. What was Daryl's storyline this season? Tell me.

Also I went to the convention in January. I saw all the fans that were there. Norman and JDM had far and way the biggest lines. Carls, we got up to his booth in literally 2 minutes and talked to him. For JDM we waited 3 hours. We couldnt even get tickets for Norman, their lines were out the door. So no, you're wrong. People love Norman. They love Daryl. Im sure they will be thrilled to see him in the lead role, as I am as well.

Here's an idea, if you dont want to watch, DONT! GO elsewhere and leave this thread for people that actually want to discuss the show and what they like about it. Its not that hard folks.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:57 PM
Master Fan

Old 06-20-2018, 06:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

Oh gosh, please don't.. Unless if it was a dream?

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 07-19-2018, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Teaser of the season 9 trailer coming Friday
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top