Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

Wow. I'm surprised about Smackdown. I don't watch it or anything, but that was really a staple of UPN. It's good that they're trying to re-establish themselves, gain some respect. Was there a regime change or something? Just curious.

Well, hopfully we'll get some cool stuff in the near future.

"I know who you are..."

"It's all fun and games 'till one of you gets my foot up your ass."
Old 01-27-2005, 04:09 PM
Addicted Fan

When was the last new episode on? I'm trying to remember the last one I saw...I think it was the one that ended with Logan's mother's car abandoned on the highway. Was there a new one after that? If so, I missed it, and now I'm pissed.

icon credit
Old 01-27-2005, 04:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Alli Balli

No new episodes until Feburary. You haven't missed anything

Cruel Irony

UPN getting rid of SD! is a shock in one respect... But not so much if we consider what UPN is doing and the fact that SD! just isn't bringing in the ratings like it used to during the late '90s when wrestling was really big (and there wasn't just one federation like there is now which = competition and innovation).

Actually, competion and innovation is what I think is stirring this new found direction in not just UPN, but other networks as well.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but Reality TV is finally on a decline. You may not think it when every show you tune into is a reality one (or clone), but if you look strategically at what most of the networks premiered this fall... More than half were scripted dramas because a lot of the old school Reality TV shows are in fact getting old -- no pun intended -- And audiences want more depth to their programming as a result.

Also, a more simplistic view-centric perspective... People want to escape for an hour, two hours when they watch TV before they go to bed. After watching the nightly news and seeing the horrors of Iraq, the decline in this country's financial and social direction... People want that escape and part of that process is being emotionally involved with characters and situations that Reality TV just can't give them -- And actually, could NEVER give them if we are going to be blunt. Network execs love(d) Reality TV because it was CHEAP. Period.

However, as the saying goes, to make money, aka ratings, you have to spend money and in this case, it means hiriging professional storytellers (actors; writers; et al.) and network execs just thought they wouldn't have to face this reality for a very long time. Well, it looks like "a very long time" was only about seven, eight years since the shift is now back to genuine scripted dramas.

Les Moonves -- formerly of CBS -- Is now head of UPN... Which is actually a good thing since CBS is a great model of how to build and maintain viewer/network loyalty just as Fox was in the '90s.

CBS has some of the highest rated shows like CSI; NCIS; Survivor; Joan of Arcadia; Jag; etc, etc... And while they are traditionally a more mature demographic, the same concept of network loyalty applies and it is why they were able to ride out the Reality TV era pretty much unscathed as far as drastic programming changes were concerned.

The fact they had Survivor -- one of the high rated, old school Reality TV shows that spurred the whole RTV movement -- Also didn't hurt them either
Old 01-27-2005, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh'sTexasGal
Looking good today!
Thanks, I try. I think this new shirt is really working for me.

Dawn welcome back!

This thread will be closed soon, it's a shame we'll never make it to thread #5 because we get a board! This month is pretty much a shoe in. Sure things could change but I doubt it.

A random Veronica question: What do you guys think about her maybe changing her hair? Maybe something in the form of a redhead? It's a thought. .....
Old 01-27-2005, 08:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Perfect reality show. Put all the writers for these reality shows along with the executives who green light them on an island. Give them primitive weapons and let them beat each other to death. The last one standing gets to live a life of tranquality and his safety is guarenteed unless he leaves the island. In which case he is granted one more appearance on a reality show called "Who wants to shoot a worthless tv executive?" The winner gets to shoot not only the guy from the island but the host of the show as well.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 01-27-2005, 11:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Woot, a new thread.

I made a set of new LJ icons/Avatars. Anyone is welcome to them.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject
: A random Veronica question: What do you guys think about her maybe changing her hair? Maybe something in the form of a redhead? It's a thought. .....
Hee I'm sure KB could carry it off no problem but I like the blonde! It's cute! But i think with KBs colouring it would either have to be a really vibrant red red, or a strawberry blonde rather than a "hair colour red" like an auburn or something!

Icon: Diane(EgyptianPixie)
Old 01-28-2005, 05:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedur
Woot, a new thread.

I made a set of new LJ icons/Avatars. Anyone is welcome to them.

OMG Thank you!! as you can see I already snagged one. I actually took your Logan ones as well. Can I beg for a Troy one next time
Old 01-28-2005, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Cyn, that's a cute one. Will snag later. I just added a few the other day.

Michael, you and your redheads. So cute. Maybe I should die my hair.

Speaking of hair, what do you think of her with the long hair in the flashbacks? I like it, but love the shorter hair look. SO cute.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 01-28-2005, 11:08 AM
Elite Fan

Personally, I'm really liking Veronica blonde, which is really odd since I usually like dark haired actresses better.

But assuming we get more of the show, I'm sure we'll have the opportunity to see her in more guises and, if this show is similar in respect to other's style changes, we'll see some hair and wardrobe changes as well.
When she finally said "yes, it's really goodbye this time."
Old 01-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

ColinsChica, you stole the avatar I wanted to use!

I can't imagine Veronica being anything but blonde. It's part of her whole, "I'm a sweet little girl... now I'm gonna kick your ass."

Neptunesite now has promo pics from 1x15, Russkie Buisness. Those include pictures of Alyson Hannigan.

"I know who you are..."

Old 01-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Does anyone know if VM is coming to the UK at all? I'm dying to see it - along with Summerland - but neither seems to be shown over here and there's no sign of either?
Old 01-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Absolute Fan

Oooh, you guys really have to go check those promo pics...especially if you're a Logan fan. V/L fans might get a kick too. Yay, I'm sooo excited!
Old 01-28-2005, 05:02 PM
Banned

onedur -Thanks for the icons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnie_AngelUK
Hee I'm sure KB could carry it off no problem but I like the blonde! It's cute! But i think with KBs colouring it would either have to be a really vibrant red red, or a strawberry blonde rather than a "hair colour red" like an auburn or something!
I the blonde hair on her. I just always try to see a girl as a redhead. Kristen seems like she has the almost the perfect skin tone to pull it off. I usually only really like natural redheads.

Quote:
Michael, you and your redheads. So cute. Maybe I should die my hair.
Maybe you should.

Quote:
Speaking of hair, what do you think of her with the long hair in the flashbacks? I like it, but love the shorter hair look. SO cute.
I like the long hair but the short hair is much better. It's sexier on her.

Quote:
But assuming we get more of the show, I'm sure we'll have the opportunity to see her in more guises and, if this show is similar in respect to other's style changes, we'll see some hair and wardrobe changes as well
I'm hoping she dresses up more as well. Then again, the new Veronica (compared to her former "life") is the best "undercover" work she has done.

Quote:
Does anyone know if VM is coming to the UK at all?
Sorry I don't know. I hope someone can help though.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:09 PM
Ultimate Fan

The only thing that weirds me out about the long hair is all I can think is "WIG! WIG!"

What's funny is whenever Kristen does a TV interview, she always shows up with long hair. Extensions? I just wonder why. Does she want to look older? Oh, and the interview long hair looks different than the FB!Veronica long hair.

I was going to take a picture of Veronica and tint her hair different shades and colors and stuff so we could see, but then I realized I don't know how.

"I know who you are..."

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top