Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2013, 03:54 PM
Elite Fan

They just added more big ticket items.

They are doing a premiere in Austin, Tx.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonStewart4President (View Post)
I pledged, and am sooo excited for this. Some people about this are 'well, the fans fund this, and then the studio doesn't have to, then it charges them later.' Which the studio is going to foot the not inconsiderable distribution and promotion costs. And when you fund at certain levels, you can get a copy of the movie (with extras) anyways. Which doesn't mean that I won't also see it in a theatre...I will.

The movie just better not mess up my LoVe much.

Oh and Veronica shouldn't be an FBI agent. Even if she starts out one, which I think would be a terrible mistake for the character, she shouldn't end as one. Not to mention that they clip they did for a possible S4 was just baaad. So best to forget that ever happened, to my mind. It's not a mistake that most Noir has it's protagonists as PIs rather than actual cops. People who respect the general idea of justice, but justice sometimes has to happen outside the actual Law. If indeed either justice and/or legalities can actually be obtained. After all, there is the idea that people get away with things, or the wrong people die, in a lot of Noir.

But I do feel much better about the movie than I thought possible after S3 and the S4 trailer-thing, from that kickstart video. The beats were there, the chem with all the cast was still there, and the acting? still good

Yeah, I'm beyond stoked.

Now I want more money!! So there is much brooding in exotic locales...like space.
I don't think the FBI pitch is going to be treated as part of the canon,supposedly Veronica will come to her high school reunion after giving up detective work since her Dad lost his job in the season 3 finale and something will happen to get her back into it

The pledges are almost at three million now
Old 03-14-2013, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

It passed 3 million. Rob just tweeted something about being on the Today Show.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RobThomas...42143878447104
Old 03-14-2013, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow. This is awesome. And they are trying to get international donations allowed. When that happens... the numbers are gonna skyrocket even more.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:45 AM
Supreme Fan

^ I'm french and i was able to donate already.

Zayn Malik is my son.
~Zohra~ icon : Cereal Killer
Old 03-15-2013, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved that s4 clip...

but I dont know what direction they should take for the film
Old 03-15-2013, 08:10 AM
Absolute Fan

Exclusive: 'Veronica Mars' creator Rob Thomas on the wildly successful Kickstarter movie campaign

Now that you know the film is going to happen, and that the budget won't be the absolute minimum, how much do you know about who will be in it? How much of the band can you put back together?

Rob Thomas: Our desire is to get the (whole) band back together. We built it around the 10-year high school reunion so that it would be convenient, and I think that's something that fans are yearning for. And also, this is a good gap. A lot of our people work largely in television, and we are firmly in network hiatus season. We'll probably be wrapping just as shows are going back to work, which was very intentional as well. We think we're going to be pretty successful.

Source: Hitfix

ETA: I was kind of curious to see FBI agent Veronica, but I guess this works too.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I guess I should get around to watching Season 3 then
Old 03-16-2013, 05:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontknowjack (View Post)
Exclusive: 'Veronica Mars' creator Rob Thomas on the wildly successful Kickstarter movie campaign

Now that you know the film is going to happen, and that the budget won't be the absolute minimum, how much do you know about who will be in it? How much of the band can you put back together?

Rob Thomas: Our desire is to get the (whole) band back together. We built it around the 10-year high school reunion so that it would be convenient, and I think that's something that fans are yearning for. And also, this is a good gap. A lot of our people work largely in television, and we are firmly in network hiatus season. We'll probably be wrapping just as shows are going back to work, which was very intentional as well. We think we're going to be pretty successful.

Source: Hitfix

ETA: I was kind of curious to see FBI agent Veronica, but I guess this works too.
Me too. I really liked that pilot (I saw it years ago) and I was so disappointed when CW didn't renew the show

But it's good if they're bringing back everyone I'm most especially excited to see Leo and Lily - I really hope Amanda and Max make it
Old 03-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Elite Fan

I can't believe that this is finally happening Right in the middle of my rewatch too - at the beginning of S2. I just love this show and it is FINALLY happening. YES.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

thats so exciting!
Old 03-17-2013, 11:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

awesome
Old 03-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so excited about the movie.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Rob talked about what Veronica has been up to since we last saw her:

Spoiler:

Rest of the interview:

'Veronica Mars' Movie: Rob Thomas Talks Details, Fears And How It Almost All Fell Apart

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.

Last edited by Karma Police; 03-19-2013 at 12:11 PM
Old 03-19-2013, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

i just hope that we get jason back!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top