Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2013, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ugly Betty #1: "Congratulations Betty, your smile will no longer induce seizures in children."

welcome to the
U G L Y B E T T Y
a p p r e c i a t i o n t h r e a d

Betty Suarez, a good-hearted young Latina from Queens, New York, brave but sorely lacking in social skills, self-confidence, fashion sense, and aesthetic polish. Betty is suddenly thrust into a different world when she is hired as a personal assistant at Mode, a fashion magazine headquartered in Manhattan and part of the publishing empire of the wealthy Bradford Meade and his family. Meade hires Betty, despite being a fish out of water, to look after (and keep out of trouble from womanizing) his son, newly-installed Mode editor-in-chief Daniel Meade. As time goes by, Betty and Daniel learn to trust one another, and ultimately become friends and allies in a world sometimes beautiful and sometimes maddeningly chaotic.

Betty Suarez has always had one goal in life: to make it into the publishing business. Despite being smart, hard-working, and productive, her dream has always been shadowed by the fact that she isn't the best looking young woman. However, she is now determined to do whatever it takes to fulfill that ultimate dream.

“Betty Suarez has done more in three and a half years than I’ve done in my entire life, which is why I couldn’t help but feel a little threatened. Betty is a force of nature. A positive one- like sunshine. But a force nonetheless. I think we’re all lucky to have her shining on us ” ~Daniel Meade

Old 03-29-2013, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Wynonna Earp

oooo, thanks for the thread Tammi. great idea,.

I miss mark and Amanda.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Em! I didn't know you watched UB!

I LOVEEEE Mark and Amanda. I love how close Michael and Becki were too
Old 03-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Wynonna Earp

hola bb

I loved UB especially the first two seasons... I wasnt sold on the ending. but still loved it.

Amanda was perfect, by far one of the greatest tv character for me. And Becki and her twitter mentions of America/betty always make me smile

always gets me
Old 03-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandcandy (View Post)
I loved UB especially the first two seasons... I wasnt sold on the ending. but still loved it.

Amanda was perfect, by far one of the greatest tv character for me. And Becki and her twitter mentions of America/betty always make me smile

always gets me
Keep this thread alive with me bb! I'm rewatching UB and I can't believe people don't really care about it anymore. It was one of a kind to me.

What didn't you like about the ending?

WAIT I DIDN'T KNOW BECKI HAD A TWITTER STOP Gahhh I loved Amanda/Betty/Mark, all interactions between the three

Last edited by Static Waves; 03-29-2013 at 01:57 PM
Static Waves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for starting.

i watched the whoel series but i wasnt IN LOVE with it.

i really liked betty and daniel, that was my favorite part about it.

i also liked justin and that guy he kissed on stage... cant think of his name right now.

the amanda/betty friendship was one of my favorites as well.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam's curls (View Post)
thanks for starting.

i watched the whoel series but i wasnt IN LOVE with it.

i really liked betty and daniel, that was my favorite part about it.

i also liked justin and that guy he kissed on stage... cant think of his name right now.

the amanda/betty friendship was one of my favorites as well.
np!

I obviously loved Detty too It was really great in the beginning, but really lagged in S2/S3. I think S4 brought a lot of what I loved in the show back

Yes, loved Justin's whole storyline and his relationship with Austin
Old 03-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Wynonna Earp

I dont think Becki has a twitter anyone... I think she got rid of it...i dont know why though. sit was verified and everything, and now the handle is like some teenage girl... idk. I wonder what happened.

Quote:
What didn't you like about the ending?
I just really didnt ship Daniel and betty. So having that as the ending, it just wasnt what I wanted.

season 1 is by far up there in my greatest seasons of tv. Everything was amazing. Amanda/Mark friendship is totally up there with Jack/Karen in will and grace. Wilhelmina/evil was perfect.

and Santos... I loved him. The tears I had when He died.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aw wish she still had that twitter. I want to see more Michael/Becki interaction

X

S1/S4 are my favs. Yeah I can see not liking DB and not liking the ending. I wanted DB to happen from the beginning, so I was pretty happy They are one of my fav OTPs

On another note, it's sad that this show doesn't get more recognition for their portrayal of LTBTQ. They did it so well, specifically through Justin, Marc, and Alexis.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Wynonna Earp

marc/cliff... I shipped it hard.

Alexis was one of my favourite characters. I miss her when she left.

Season .1 and 2 we're my favorite. And Michael and becki had some really cute tweets when she had it.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Alexis's storyline when she first revealed herself was revolutionary imo. I've never seen a trans story get that much attention on a major network

ugh wish Cliff had come back for the finale I wish Santos had come back in a dream too
Old 03-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

tahts funny because i loved daniel and betty adn i was kind of disappointe the ending. i thought it was more of a friend ending then anything else.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam's curls (View Post)
tahts funny because i loved daniel and betty adn i was kind of disappointe the ending. i thought it was more of a friend ending then anything else.
idk I kinda knew we wouldn't get an outward detty ending, mainly because tptb weren't for them since the beginning.

Plus, I liked the pilot parallel. And we got a basic confirmation in the wedding episode that Daniel loved Betty.

X
Old 03-29-2013, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Wynonna Earp

I just saw them more as brother and sister type relationship...
Old 03-29-2013, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved their interactions no matter what. Obviously I shipped them but any scenes we got of them was awesome imo
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top