Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2016, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Timeless (NBC) #1: Protect the past. Save the future.

I was in my new house placing daydreams
-------Patching up the crack along the wall
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 10-12-2016, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting!

I loved the Abraham Lincoln episode. So intense!

All i could think about when they climbed out of the time travel device back in their current time period was..."She has Abe Lincoln's blood on her...DNA people!"
Old 10-12-2016, 11:47 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting a thread!

The first two episodes have been great! It's very interesting that one thing in history being so different could change her life so much.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree, I love how things change so dramatically because one person dies or lives that shouldn't have.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome.

I just saw the second episode and I really love this show already. I hope it will continue with that.

The thing with time traveling is really exciting to watch. Because you just know that eveything can be changed in just one second. And it just so thrilling to watch the episode and then seeing how the present look like. I can't wait for next episode.

However I think I know who Lucy's dad is already.

Old 10-13-2016, 06:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm enjoying it so far. I plan to keep watching in the near future, but I can't say I'm really "hooked" on it yet.

I'm not totally feeling all the characters - right now, I'm interested in Lucy and Flynn's stories and that's about it. Not feeling the potential Lucy/Wyatt vibes I feel like the show is sending out at all, either.

~Kat
Old 10-13-2016, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh boy, we are really different it seems.

I'm already hooked and I'm really feeling the Lucy/Wyatt vibes!!

Old 10-13-2016, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the Lucy/Wyatt vibes too!
Old 10-13-2016, 06:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight Rose (View Post)
However I think I know who Lucy's dad is already.
i am pretty sure i do too

really enjoying the show so far. hope it continues.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:10 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for opening this thread, Jessica. And like you, I also think I know who Lucy's dad is.

I'm enjoying the show so far and I like that they explain time-travel better on this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshireKitten (View Post)
I'm enjoying it so far. I plan to keep watching in the near future, but I can't say I'm really "hooked" on it yet.

I'm not totally feeling all the characters - right now, I'm interested in Lucy and Flynn's stories and that's about it. Not feeling the potential Lucy/Wyatt vibes I feel like the show is sending out at all, either.
Same. I'm not totally wowed by it yet but the whole Lucy-Flynn thing is interesting for me. Plus Abigail Spencer is just so good in this role. That scene of Lucy seeing Abraham Lincoln and she nearly cried? That was the best. I would react that way too if I see a person I admire from the past suddenly right in-front of me, alive and talking. Pretty surreal.

I'm not feeling Wyatt yet but I do like Rufus (the "comic" relief). Also, I'm wondering why Lucy's past is the only thing that's affected? Does this have to do with Flynn? Also, do we know why Flynn wants to change the past?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Thanks for opening this thread, Jessica. And like you, I also think I know who Lucy's dad is.
You're welcome! And I have a feeling we are thinking about the same person.

Quote:
Also, I'm wondering why Lucy's past is the only thing that's affected? Does this have to do with Flynn? Also, do we know why Flynn wants to change the past?
I think it is more that, during Hindenburg someone who was supposed to die survived. And that changed Lucy's past. Why Amy's father didn't meet her mother and their mother doesn't have lung cancer anymore. With Wyatt and Rufus, they didn't have anyone there that could change their past at all Same with the last episode. But I'm sure that will change as the episodes goes on!

I'm sure Flynn has a vision with how he wants the presents to look like. But I have no idea why he is doing it yet.

Old 10-14-2016, 12:10 PM
Master Fan

I have a feeling that neither Wyatt nor Rufus have had a life altering situation happen to them yet. I think they'll get something of their own eventually, unless Lucy is going to be the only one since she's the lead character.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

I'm enjoying the show so far and I like that they explain time-travel better on this show.

Same. I'm not totally wowed by it yet but the whole Lucy-Flynn thing is interesting for me. Plus Abigail Spencer is just so good in this role. That scene of Lucy seeing Abraham Lincoln and she nearly cried? That was the best. I would react that way too if I see a person I admire from the past suddenly right in-front of me, alive and talking. Pretty surreal.

I'm not feeling Wyatt yet but I do like Rufus (the "comic" relief). Also, I'm wondering why Lucy's past is the only thing that's affected? Does this have to do with Flynn? Also, do we know why Flynn wants to change the past?
I agree. The actress is really good.

I like Rufus, too. And I hope they develop him beyond comic relief. Right now, Lucy is the one I'm most interested in given her connection to Flynn and how much of her life has already changed, but I do enjoy Rufus.

Wyatt/Lucy feels too typical to me, to be honest. And how much does anyone want to bet here at some point the dead wife will return and cause angst? No thanks.

It isn't that Wyatt is bad, I just find him to be rather generic, and add in the obvious flirting with a Lucy/Wyatt pairing, and that doesn't make him anymore interesting to me.

I enjoy the time travel storylines so that could hold me on this show for quite a while, even setting aside the characters. But I will have to invest in the characters to keep going long term.

I know Kripke is one of the creators of this and it's creative, but so far I don't see it touching Supernatural.

~Kat
Old 10-14-2016, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay I'm so drawing a blank here, can someone please tell me who they think her dad is oh wait I think it just came to me while writing this sentence....

Spoiler:
Old 10-14-2016, 11:56 PM
Moderator Manager

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight Rose (View Post)
I think it is more that, during Hindenburg someone who was supposed to die survived. And that changed Lucy's past. Why Amy's father didn't meet her mother and their mother doesn't have lung cancer anymore. With Wyatt and Rufus, they didn't have anyone there that could change their past at all Same with the last episode. But I'm sure that will change as the episodes goes on!
Because Flynn was supposedly preventing the Hindenburg from exploding right? That was their task, to capture him but even though history stayed the same (but was altered), only Lucy's present life was affected.

Quote:
I'm sure Flynn has a vision with how he wants the presents to look like. But I have no idea why he is doing it yet.
Did I also hear it right that Flynn has Lucy's notebook? Is he from the not-so distant future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshireKitten (View Post)
Wyatt/Lucy feels too typical to me, to be honest. And how much does anyone want to bet here at some point the dead wife will return and cause angst? No thanks.
Ugh, now that you mention it, this is possibly going to happen soon.

Quote:
It isn't that Wyatt is bad, I just find him to be rather generic, and add in the obvious flirting with a Lucy/Wyatt pairing, and that doesn't make him anymore interesting to me.
Yes this is my problem with Wyatt at the moment: too one-note. Hopefully that will change in the coming episodes.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top