Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2017, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Time after Time #1 - "I am exactly who I want to be."

I admit I had to check this out for Freddie Stroma, but I also love the actor that plays Jack (john) too. I'm definitely interested in their little relationship on this show and the whole murder plot is definitely intriguing.

I found Jane endearing, she's not your typical main character on a show she has some quirkiness to her which I liked. i think she believed the time travel story just a bit quick but i guess when you are in there it sort of makes sense? LOL. IDK... It was a bit cheesey but I liked it.

The second half was a lot better than the first imo. More mystery and stuff happening. It gave me "the following" vibes. Plus anything with Kevin Williamson I want to check out. And I love time travel stuff...

Did anyone else watch?
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:48 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for starting this thread.

John is played by Emily VanCamp's handsome bf, Josh Bowman, who was on Revenge. His character turned evil on that show so it was nice that he gets to play an evil person on this one. He & Freddie have a great dynamic on the show which I'm already enjoying.

I'm not feeling Jane yet. It probably has to do with the acting (hoping it improves for the rest of the episodes) and yeah, I would have been MORE surprised if I found out I was talking to the younger version of HG Wells but like you said, since she works at a museum, it's more plausible that she'd believe him right away.

I love the time-travel genre too so I checked out the show. However, I don't want Wells to be chasing John all through the rest of the episodes. I feel like it can get tiring eventually because somehow John will always manage to escape. Catching him and travelling back to London already kills one SL.

The Vanessa thing with Wells (about being related) will be explored later for sure so it's okay to be vague for now.

LOL, they just have to do some time-travelling explanation again but I do like that one of those 'bodyguards' asked Wells about travelling back in time to prevent John from doing what he did and Wells gave a good explanation. Basically it's a paradox.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Are Josh and Emily still together? I do know Josh, I used to love Daniel but I didnt like the directions the show was going so I stopped watching. He plays evil amazingly well though.

I think it would be interesting to go through different time periods but I do agree that its going to get really old fast, so I am wondering how they are gonna keep things interesting.

The time travel aspect is going to make things complicating though.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:39 AM
Moderator Manager

Yes, they're still together. And like you, I quit watching Revenge but after Josh's arc ended on the show so when his character died, I stopped watching.

I feel like they'd be stuck in America which can get boring so yeah, hopefully in different time periods. But hopefully not like on "Timeless" (which I already stopped watching).

I hope that they don't make the plots too dependent on time-traveling because it can get complicated. Like they would need to time-travel only if necessary. Even Wells doesn't like it. He only time-travelled 3 days into the future to explain to Jane how it works. However, I feel like John would want to time-travel a lot because he's escaping his past and would do anything not to go back to that time period.

Old 03-08-2017, 05:54 AM
Master Fan

the ratings are very bad, so i dont know if i will give it a try
Old 03-08-2017, 06:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

I wouldn't be surprise if they can it..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

i wouldn't be surprised but i want to see where it goes first.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:03 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah, same..

is that what you want?

Old 03-09-2017, 10:17 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah, this kind of genre + a bit procedural can get boring. I'm going to watch more eps to see for myself if I'll stick around. It's still too early to pass judgment.

Old 03-10-2017, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I liked it. I don't know who any of the actors are, except for Genesis Rodriguez, who did the voice of "Honey Lemon" in Big Hero 6.

I thought H.G. & Jane were cute together!

Did you guys not see the previews? It shows them going through different time periods, chasing after John or are they just going back & forth between New York & London?

I only watched the pilot episode of Timeless. I thought it was OK. I may binge-watch it if it ever gets on Netflix.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Always & Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:52 PM
Moderator Manager

I haven't seen the previews. I guess that it's okay if they go in different time periods but chasing after John can get tiring cause I'm sure he'll always get away. It would make sense too because John wouldn't want to be stuck in one place forever and time-travelling can really help him escape his past. I'm getting Timeless vibes already but I'd wait out to watch a few more eps before I can pass judgment.

Old 03-10-2017, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Yeah, it looked like they were going through different time periods in different places, but I could be wrong.

I have a theory that Jane is Vanessa's great-great-grandmother... Jane will eventually go back to 1893 with H.G. & they get married & have kids and those become descendants of Vanessa. How does that affect Jane's life from before, though? It is a paradox.

Old 03-11-2017, 05:45 AM
Absolute Fan

Please I want to see the full potential of this series. People should give it a chance. It can blossom into something wonderful . it has that potential.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

^I'm giving it a chance!

I hope it doesn't like Forever. Such a good show that should have gotten renewed.

Old 03-11-2017, 05:11 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookiepookie (View Post)
Please I want to see the full potential of this series. People should give it a chance. It can blossom into something wonderful . it has that potential.
Yeah plus the first episode never would be so great, but after that, it will get better..

is that what you want?

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top