Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Elite Fan

Tell Me You Love Me (HBO) ~ Sex. Intimacy. Marriage. Life.

TELL ME YOU LOVE ME
AN HBO ORIGINAL SERIES
(SUNDAYS @ 9P est.)

TELL ME YOU LOVE...ABOUT THE SHOW

Quote:
A provocative and honest exploration of intimacy, 'Tell Me You Love Me' offers an unfiltered look at three couples as they navigate critical periods in their lives. With a candidness that breaks conventional boundaries, creator Cynthia Mort examines the moments – both significant and everyday – that form the basis and language of each relationship.

Twenty-somethings Jamie and Hugo (Michelle Borth and Luke Kirby), experience the vitality of sex but realize their intimacy serves as a drug-like escape from their disparate takes on fidelity and commitment. Katie and Dave (Ally Walker and Tim DeKay), two happy parents in their forties, instead question why their love and devotion to one another hasn't translated into sexual intimacy in nearly a year. Meanwhile, mid-thirties couple Carolyn and Palek (Sonya Walger and Adam Scott), come to learn how much their efforts to become parents and their inability to conceive has strained the intangible connections between them.

Therapist May Foster, (Jane Alexander) works to carefully guide the couples toward healthier relationships and despite a few unresolved issues within her own marriage, she and her retired husband Arthur, manage to share a partnership that is both deeply loving and passionately sexual.

Capturing both the awkwardness and closeness of each couple, Mort opens a window into the complexities of modern relationships. Thought-provoking, raw and immediate, 'Tell Me You Love Me' teases out the unspoken dreams, hang-ups and fears that materialize when sex and intimacy connect – or when they diverge.

TELL ME YOU LOVE...THE CAST

David ... Tim Dekay
Katie ... Ally Walker
Palek ... Adam Scott
Carolyn ... Sonja Walger
Hugo ... Luke Farrell Kirby
Jamie ... Michelle Borth
Dr. May Foster ... Jane Alexander
Arthur ... David Selby
Mason ... Kate Towne
Rita ... Sherry Stringfield

TELL ME YOU LOVE...EPISODE GUIDE

Episode 01
Episode 02
Episode 03
Episode 04
Episode 05

Quote:
Carolyn and Palek try a more aggressive approach in their efforts to get pregnant; May suggests a first step to solve David and Katie's intimacy problems; Jamie vows celibacy, but finds Nick, whose own relationship is on the rocks, hard to resist. (TVMA) (AC,AL)

TELL ME YOU LOVE...THE MUSIC

Episode 01
"Maybe Tomorrow" - Stereophonics
"Alright" - Pilotspeed
"Love For Granted" - Phoenix

Episode 02
"The Most Beautiful Girl" - Jonathan Sadoff
"St. Gregory" - Twilight Singers
"Sweets" - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Episode 03
"Last Good Day of the Year" - Cousteau
"Strawberry Letter 23" - Shuggie Otis
"Trouble Me" - 10,000 Maniacs
"May's Office" - Jonathan Sadoff
"Kiss You Red" - Ringside
"2Wicky" - HooverPhonic
"Twilight" - Twilight Singers

Episode 04
"I'm Not In Love" - 10 CC
"Erection" - The Faint
"Trial of the Century" - The French Kicks
"Like A Stone" - AudioSlave

TELL ME YOU LOVE...FANS

1. lost soul (Ken)
2. DreamWalker (Mel)

*Ask to be added!*
- credit to HBO.com for content

kenny | credit

Last edited by smoothaise; 10-02-2007 at 04:41 PM
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

I didn't know anyone was watching this. Cool.

Add me please.

I haven't seen this week's ep yet.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

Mel Yay! Another TMYLM fan.

I'm behind on this week's, too. But thank God for HBO OnDemand.

kenny | credit
Old 10-02-2007, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ken, thanks for getting the thread started. I'll make sure it gets added to the thread guide.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire Girl (View Post)
Ken, thanks for getting the thread started. I'll make sure it gets added to the thread guide.
Thanks Karen

Mel What do you think of the show and couples so far?

kenny | credit
Old 10-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

'tis done ....
Old 10-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

Ken - I'm glad someone else is watching this.

Yep, gotta love On Demand. I should be able to watch the ep tomorrow.

I wasn't sure about the show at first.............and the pilot was a bit rough. But, I'm completely drawn in now.

I like the way it is filmed and the raw feel of it. The relationships have been fascinating.

Do you have a favorite couple?
Old 10-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I wasn't sold on the Pilot either. But, it's been winning me over. I'm actually behind the last two episodes. But, I figured I would start the thread to see if there were any other fans on

All the couples are interesting in there own way. And that's what I like about the show. Plus, I remember seeing an interview where they were talking about, through all these obstacles, both of them want to make it work. So, overall they are going to have struggles but in the end they want to stay together. There willing to fight for it. And man, with today's television...that is an ambitious angle for a relationship show.

I like Hugo/Jamie, alot. But, I feel like alot of there problems have to be with being so damn insecure with themselves.

kenny | credit
Old 10-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yep, totally won me over too.

That's ok. I know you'll catch up when you have time. I'm glad you started the thread.

We might be alone here though.

I agree.................I love that all three couples are so different with different issues and playing out in different ways.

Quote:
So, overall they are going to have struggles but in the end they want to stay together. There willing to fight for it. And man, with today's television...that is an ambitious angle for a relationship show.
You are right about that. Very ambitious, but great and refreshing to see.

I mean that's what's so interesting...............that these couples really do love each other, but there's something that has created these chasms between them.

I like Hugo/Jamie alot too. There's a nice reveal with Jamie when she sees the therapist which helps explain some things too, but I don't think you've gotten there yet.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

I kinda hope other fans just come in and chat. But, if it's just you and me, well that's okay too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWalker (View Post)
I like Hugo/Jamie alot too. There's a nice reveal with Jamie when she sees the therapist which helps explain some things too, but I don't think you've gotten there yet.
Really? Well, I will make sure to watch them and come back and chat.

I feel for Palek...Carolyn is so consumed with having a child, it's like she's so fixated on his sperm and nothing else. It's pushing them apart.

kenny | credit
Old 10-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

I hope so too. It's always fun when there's more people to discuss a show with.............differing opinions, viewpoints, etc.

Cool. I can't wait for you to catch up. I still haven't watched this week's ep yet.

I feel for Palek too. Carolyn can't seem to think about anything else and it really is building a wedge between them. He keeps trying so hard to connect with her and to talk about options, etc. and he's just getting frozen out.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Elite Fan

Yay!
Quote:
'Tell Me' More, HBO Says
Network picks up controversial series
Zap2It.com

October 4 2007

HBO has picked up a second season of its drama series "Tell Me You Love Me."

The pay-cable network hasn't seen big ratings from the show -- it premiered to less than a million viewers. But the show has sustained its audience through its first four weeks and has earned some critical praise as well.

Separately, HBO has also ordered a pair of pilots, "1%" and "Patient 2344," according to The Hollywood Reporter. The first, from writer Michael Tolkin ("The Player"), focuses on a biker gang, while "Patient," written by John J. McLaughlin ("Man of the House") and executive produced by Robert Zemeckis ("Beowulf"), is a medical drama set in the near future.

"Tell Me You Love Me" generated some controversy prior to its premiere for its graphic-even-for-HBO sex scenes. That has since taken a back seat to a deep and sometimes uncomfortable look at intimacy revolving around three couples who all see the same therapist (Jane Alexander).

The show also stars Tim DeKay, Ally Walker, Sonya Walger, Adam Scott and Michelle Borth. It's executive produced by Gavin Polone and Cynthia Mort, who created the series.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

You beat me to it. I was so happy to see the news.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Elite Fan

It made my day.

This weekend I am going to catch myself up. I can't wait. And I'll post my mini-reviews here.

Looks like it's still you and me...

kenny | credit
Old 10-08-2007, 09:52 PM
Loyal Fan

I totally love this show. It is great