Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2017, 05:03 AM
Moderator Manager

Cult - this was the show on the CW right?

Dark Angel, Everwood, LUX, Last Resort - I didn't watch any of these sadly but heard really great things about these shows.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:34 AM
Moderator Support Team

Oh this sounds fun i agree with Life unexpected was a great show .. is this any show kn general or just short lived shows?

Day 1 - A show that should not have been cancelled.
Joan of Arcadia

Ok it was a show about a girl talking to god , sounds strange well it was , i enjoyed it for it sense of
humour and heart , it didnt shove religion in your face it dealt with hard life issues and how joan dealt
with it day to day was great , the learning curves got to me and i enjoyed that side to the show ..
it only got 2 seasons unfortunately i think the show going dark didnt help ot either

Summer Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Day one;
A show that shouldn't have been cancelled;

PersonofInterest

There are very shows were I actually love every main character in it. The team dynamic in this show was so perfect. The first season where it was just Harold and John, were still just as good as the last ones, with Shaw, root, and fusco.
This show could have lasted so much longer, even without Harold and John, the show could have worked just as well with Root and Shaw taking the lead.
And the characters, so much depth to each one.

la villanelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yay! I am so excited to see y'alls entries!

I watched Life Unexpected and Everwood-both really good shows! Dark Angel seems to have a cult following.

Some of these other shows I didn't watch but am definitely intrigued.

Thank you guys for participating. I look forward to seeing more entries and discussions.

Big lights will inspire you
lizzybug57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Cult - this was the show on the CW right?
I have no idea
I watch online

And I only watched it because of Marie Avgeropoulos. And then I fell in love with Robert Knepper

Last edited by girl under the floor; 06-01-2017 at 10:42 PM
girl under the floor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:14 AM
Moderator Manager

Ohh I know most of the shows, and I agree they shouldn't have been cancelled
Dark Angel was so amazing, and if they had had a 3rd season it would be so intense. I really hate that we didn't have a proper ending for that show

Life Unexpected was also another show that I really loved... the characters were all so charismatic and the story was cute

Cult was on CW I watched it mostly because of Matthew Davis and Alona Tal. Really good show but not one that I gave much thought of after it was cancelled

Joan Of Arcadian I've only watched a few episodes, and I remember I liked it. And the theme song was perfect

And POI was one of my favorite shows! The cast was perfect and I was never bored with the storyline. I miss that show
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Day One: A show that shouldn't have been cancelled.

Summerland

12 years later and I am still bummed about the show not getting a third season. One of my first ever OTP's came from this show. And it was a fun show set at the beach. I loved it!

I have a second one, too that I'm gonna add....

Undateable

I never ever forgive you for this, NBC! This was a good show! it was funny and entertaining and it deserved better than what it got!

{taek su mi sun}

Last edited by fall into your smile; 06-01-2017 at 11:14 AM
fall into your smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree about life unexpected, it was way too short and it ended so abruptly.

Not sad about most of the others mentioned though. I loved Everwood but i felt 4 seasons was enough. SAB and Reign were just okay for me.

and I 100% agree about Joan of Arcadia! That was such a good show and the ending was just awful!

Summerland was cute, I agree about this one!

This is really hard for me! I am not sure which one to pick and I think I am probably missing one that I really loved... but I am going to pick one that others haven't mentioned...

Day One: A Show that Shouldn't Have Been Cancelled:

Reunion

My heart. It's been so many years and I am still so bitter about this one. I thought the premise was amazing, I love that each episode was a different year in their lives, i found that super interesting! Sam/Will were just . Even though I didnt like Craig, Sean Faris was . Carla/Aaron were also cute. I just loved all the characters and the mystery so much. And worst of all, they canceled it MID SEASON before we found out what actually happened. It was supposed to be a mini series, I'm so annoyed they didnt just let it finish out. UGH.

Old 06-01-2017, 06:26 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ Same!!!! I always felt want to know what happen next on Reunion.. Ugh.. I love that show so much..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

Wow lool at that cast for reunion good cast .. i got more shows Chuck was good
Summer Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:34 PM
Moderator Manager

JoA - I've heard a lot of great things about this show as well. Amber Tamblyn too! Didn't we use to have a board for this show before?

PoI - I've been meaning to watch this show. I think it's on NFLX and I'll check it out when I have nothing else to watch.

Cult - was Robert Knepper a bad guy on the show? I've always enjoyed his character on PB.

Summerland, Undateable & Reunion - I've never seen any of these but I've also heard great things about these shows.

It's really great to see some old school shows mentioned here which makes me realize that we had a lot of really good shows back then.

Old 06-01-2017, 08:36 PM
Moderator Manager

Summerland was really cute to watch

I loved Reunion.. the back and forth in the timeline was really interesting! And the cast was great

Lindsay, you should really give POI a shot when you can It has action, comedy and drama all in one. And a really good writing
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:39 PM
Moderator Manager

Day 2 - A show that you wish more people were watching.
The Handmaid's Tale (2017)

People seriously, why are you still sleeping on this show? I don't usually like dystopia but this show has really surprised me to no end.
It tackles a lot of issues about women today, some of it controversial. Amazing cast, fantastic cinematography, well written episodes. Watch it.

+

Old 06-01-2017, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i feel like some of the shows from Day 1, I don't even remember. It's such a shame.

Thanks, Lindsay, for posting Day 2. The Handmaid Tale really does tackle relevant issues. I also feel the same way about dystopia; however, it's eerie how relevant this show can be.

Big lights will inspire you
lizzybug57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 11:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybug57 (View Post)
Yay! I am so excited to see y'alls entries!
Same here. I've descovered some new old shows reading the posts for day 1.

And ITA that the Handmaid’s Tale deserves more viewers.

Skam also could use some more love. On fanforum at least. While it's not a flawless show (for one, I have lots of issues with s2, even though it centers on one of my favorite characters). But it is pretty good. Especially for a teen drama. I love how visually refreshing it is. It lets its characters look like real human beings, rather than unrealistic and bland idea(l)s of what teenagers should aspire to look like (which, unfortunately, dominate the genre). The cinematography, writing and acting are above average too. The following opening scene is also something I didn’t expect on a teen show.

x

While some of the characters are really opinionated like that and the show does deal with some heavy topics, it’s a nice mixture of funny and serious on the whole. Lots of times it’s more of a comedy than drama.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top