Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2015, 02:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybug57 (View Post)
It's great to see y'all agree about Buffy. i mean they took this supernatural situation where people live on a Hellmouth and somehow make it relatable through normal every day teen experiences. It really was brilliant.
Honestly, I think it was fate. BtVS had some of the best actors and writers TV had to offer.

What other show could do a (almost) completely silent episode, a musical, an episode just about the death a character (without any music) or turn their main character into a rat for half an episode?
kabous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^True! That can be attributed to brilliant writers and great actors.

What other teen dramas do you guys enjoy?

Big lights will inspire you
lizzybug57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybug57 (View Post)
^True! That can be attributed to brilliant writers and great actors.

What other teen dramas do you guys enjoy?
I enjoyed most of the WB's shows. I am a child of the 90's

Buffy, Angel, Dawson's Creek, Roswell, Popular, Felicity, Everwood, Smallville, Supernatural, Veronica Mars.

Pretty much anything on the WB, UPN, or CW. I also liked The O.C. which was on Fox. I think it might have lasted longer on the WB but they already had One Tree Hill.
kabous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:54 AM
Addicted Fan

What are your top five favorite teen dramas?
Degrassi, One Tree Hill, 90210, Glee, 7th Heaven
Which show had the best fashion? Gossip Girl
Which teen drama remains the most poignant after all this time? I've got a strong connection with Degrassi. It's the first teen drama I have ever watched or had the experience of being part of a fandom for so there's so many memories there. One Tree Hill also brings a lot of nostalgic emotions and I get sad when I think about the finale and that it's really over.
Favorite teen relationship? (no bashing over couples!) Nathan/Haley, Paige/Alex, Eli/Clare, Kurt/Blaine, Liam/Annie are some of many.
Favorite teen ladies/guys? Brooke Davis, Jay Hogart, Simon Camden, Mercedes Jones
Favorite teen drama cast? Glee I think.
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 01:56 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah The OC was huge, but it also ended quickly too. I'll always love it.

We need another teen show that steals our hearts. I feel like I haven't seen a genuine teen show since maybe The Vampire Diaries or Glee? Maybe Awkward?

What are your top five favorite teen dramas?
One Tree Hill, The OC, Felicity, Roswell, Veronica Mars(not including Buffy in this list because as I've said, it's like on a whole other level for me Also Gilmore Girls and Everwood are sort of teen shows, but not? I don't know)

Which show had the best fashion? The O.C. I love Seth's clothing, as well as Marissa and Summers's. Especially around S3. I love Gossip Girl fashion, but some of it may have been too over the top.

Which teen drama remains the most poignant after all this time? One Tree Hill for me because it really meant so much to me growing up. I love all the characters and pretty much all of the relationships - it got me into shipping and fanforums. I've met the entire cast multiple times too and love them all. I love the music so much as well. I can think of an episode or moment and still get emotional. And I know so many people that truly connected with it as well. It was such a special show.

Favorite teen relationship? (no bashing over couples!) Pacey/Joey, Rory/Jess, Brooke/Lucas, Logan/Veronica, Michael/Maria, Felicity/Ben/Noel, Max/Liz, Seth/Summer, Stefan/Elena, Amy/Ephram, Nathan/Haley

Favorite teen ladies?Brooke Davis and Peyton Sawyer are my absolute favorites. I love Veronica Mars, Summer Roberts, Blair Waldorf, Joey Potter, Felicity Porter

Favorite teen drama cast? This is tough...maybe One Tree Hill. They really blended well together and the friendships, family, and relationships were all so strong on that show.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:14 PM
Addicted Fan

There aren't many on these days that's for sure.

Anyone have any teen shows that you haven't seen but may want to? I still haven't seen The O.C. but it's on my to watch list. Only reason I haven't is because it's not on Netflix. I haven't seen Friday Night Lights yet either and that one gets recommended to me a lot.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

Both are them are amazing. FNL is a really wonderful show and The OC I love for so many reasons. The OC has great music, a great cast, cool setting, beautiful clothing, and really good relationships/friendships/family dynamics. I recommend it.

Is The 100 a teen show? I've heard that's good.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One thing i find interesting is how everyone seems to point out the show that was dearest to them growing up as being the most poignant after all this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavealife2uknow (View Post)

Anyone have any teen shows that you haven't seen but may want to? I still haven't seen The O.C. but it's on my to watch list. Only reason I haven't is because it's not on Netflix. I haven't seen Friday Night Lights yet either and that one gets recommended to me a lot.
It does seem like this is a genre that has been missed lately. I can't think of a smash hit teen show that is recently since Glee or Gossip Girl.

I've never watched FNL but have heard great things about it.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Doesn't seem many around these days. Quite a gap to be filled where this is concerned
Have you watched Dawson's Creek?

There was never many teen shows here in UK.
BlackSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:04 AM
Elite Fan

The UK had Skins which was truly one of the best

Quote:
One thing i find interesting is how everyone seems to point out the show that was dearest to them growing up as being the most poignant after all this time.
Exactly. I think that goes with a lot of shows, not just teen shows. My four favorite shows will probably always be Buffy, Gilmore Girls, Sex and the City, and Friends just because while growing up they are the shows that truly helped define who i am and what I believe in and the type of person I want to be.
Old 10-23-2015, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^Well said! Shows really do have the impact to shape what you believe and who you become/want to become.

You chose some classic shows to hold closest to you.

Mine are Dawson's and The OC. The first three seasons of Buffy are top notch for me too.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:28 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfHearts (View Post)
Doesn't seem many around these days. Quite a gap to be filled where this is concerned
Have you watched Dawson's Creek?
Yep, just watched an episode today in fact I didn't get to watch the show as it aired but a few years ago I decided to watch it and I like it.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yep, just watched an episode today in fact I didn't get to watch the show as it aired but a few years ago I decided to watch it and I like it.
Which episode did you watch? It's such a staple of my middle school/early high school experience. That show is so dear to me.

Old 10-28-2015, 07:09 AM
Elite Fan

Have you guys been reading Vulture's Teen Show Bracket? They are debating which teen show is the best teen show of all time. They are also doing a couple of great side articles, about like teen shows dealing with sex and/or some of the best teen couples. They did an article on Pacey and Joey the other day
Old 10-28-2015, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No, I haven't. Do you mind sharing with us?

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top