Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2017, 03:51 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

The strangest is Montagues because in italian it's Montecchi. But in general, not native speakers pronounce a thick R (for example they say Verrrrona). Also sometimes they stress the wrong vocal - I don't remember if it happens here too, with names, but it happened all the time in Da Vinci's Demons where they pronounced Medìci instead of Mèdici or Girolàmo instead of Giròlamo.

The cities name's are translated and it's weird to me because the characters are supposed to be italian
Next time I'll pay more attention if they put random italian words in their speaking like it happened in Da Vinci's Demons. With random I mean while they're normally speaking in english and suddently, with no reason, a word or two are in italian instead of english.

EDIT: I just found the screencaps of the two episodes, if someone is interested in making icons or fanarts

http://grande-caps.tumblr.com/tagged/still-star-crossed

Last edited by airali_glo; 06-07-2017 at 04:31 AM
airali_glo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 05:23 PM
Moderator Support Team

Ahh bec I know some people dunno how to pronounce the words by thinking that it's right word.. Even tho I have seen other language when they speak it, I was like no, that's not how you said it.. But like you said, not everyone can said R..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:10 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Yeah, it's just weird to me with italian names I'm sure it happens with every language. I wonder what english speaking people would think of us pronouncing english names

I see this thread is not very crowded I was thinking to open a Benvolio/Rosaline thread in the Couples board, what do you think? Would I end up being alone?

Old 06-08-2017, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

twitter seems more popular than mb these days so almost all the threads here are slow.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Yeah, forums lately aren't like they were even few years ago. Twitter and Tumblr are quite on fire about SSC I guess my thread idea wouldn't be successful, then

Speaking of Twitter, I saw a lots of people are tweeting to nominate the show, the actors and the couples at the Teen Choice Awards.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by airali_glo (View Post)
Yeah, forums lately aren't like they were even few years ago. Twitter and Tumblr are quite on fire about SSC I guess my thread idea wouldn't be successful, then

Speaking of Twitter, I saw a lots of people are tweeting to nominate the show, the actors and the couples at the Teen Choice Awards.
aww that's cool.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Yeah! The Rosaline actress is very happy of it and replies to as many tweets as she can

Did you watch the second episode?

Old 06-08-2017, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

dp

Old 06-08-2017, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Yeah! The Rosaline actress is very happy of it and replies to as many tweets as she can

Did you watch the second episode?
I have and its such an intense episode. I don't really have a ship preference. I like the chem with both guys, but I am kind of bored with the badboy-rich boys trope tbh. Right now I am just enjoying the political intrigue.
Old 06-08-2017, 02:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I admit that the shipping is 90% reason why I watch I like period dramas, though.

The bad boy trope was kinda surprising, to me. I see that they don't follow the original play in every detail, but to me Benvolio has always been the wise, nice guy (and not so handsome either). The bad boy to me is Mercutio: he's the one who gets in trouble because of his arrogance and he's VERY "unchained" when he relates to women (of any age).
But SSC isn't really Shakespeare so I guess they wanted to contrast with the Prince. The political intrigue is interesting, I'm curious to know who's behind it! But I can't wait to see Rosaline and Benvolio fall in love I'm already looking for songs about them, if you have some feel free to suggest

Old 06-08-2017, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I admit that the shipping is 90% reason why I watch I like period dramas, though.

The bad boy trope was kinda surprising, to me. I see that they don't follow the original play in every detail, but to me Benvolio has always been the wise, nice guy (and not so handsome either). The bad boy to me is Mercutio: he's the one who gets in trouble because of his arrogance and he's VERY "unchained" when he relates to women (of any age).
But SSC isn't really Shakespeare so I guess they wanted to contrast with the Prince. The political intrigue is interesting, I'm curious to know who's behind it! But I can't wait to see Rosaline and Benvolio fall in love I'm already looking for songs about them, if you have some feel free to suggest
I would have to think about it. Right now, I am enjoying her chem with the prince more, but how about "I hate that I love you" by gnash.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I feel the Prince has gotten power hungry, I don't care for him even more after the last episode.
What's the saying "heavy is the head (or heart?) who wears the crown?" I don't think he's power hungry, per se. He has a job and a responsibility to keep Verona together while outside cities are gaining power. If Verona falls to inner turmoil, then they'll be weak to outsiders.

At this point, I see him doing what he thinks he needs to do from killing a thief, exerting power and arranging the marriage of Benvolio & Rosalind. I don't see him necessarily enjoying it--although I do think his sister shows signs of it.

That said, he was incredibly cruel to Rosalind. Even though he didn't intend to put her in a compromising position in order to blackmail her, he did.

I think he's being set up as the tragic figure where he loses more than he bargained for.

I didn't find the second episode slow. I thought it nicely continued to set up the story by finding out everyone's machinations. My only problem with it is that there are only seven episodes. So setting up is fine but with only five episodes left, we're not going to get very far.

Quote:
I see this thread is not very crowded I was thinking to open a Benvolio/Rosaline thread in the Couples board, what do you think? Would I end up being alone?
I'd post. You sometimes never know which thread will be more popular. Sometimes it's a couples thread. Sometimes it's a show thread.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:40 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Yeah, it apparenlty only being a seven episode series is why I'm annoyed at how slow their moving. If it was say 13 episodes, I wouldn't of been so annoyed and now they have to show Ben and Rosaline fall in love in these next five episodes? I hope it's believable and doesn't feel rushed.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 02:54 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
At this point, I see him doing what he thinks he needs to do from killing a thief, exerting power and arranging the marriage of Benvolio & Rosalind. I don't see him necessarily enjoying it--although I do think his sister shows signs of it.
Same.

Quote:
I think he's being set up as the tragic figure where he loses more than he bargained for.
Same, but I can't see it as a big part of the story, I mean I doubt we'll see it as a huge thing. Maybe he'll just be heartbroken and the move on.

[QUOTE=Lethally Floral;90431965]I didn't find the second episode slow. I thought it nicely continued to set up the story by finding out everyone's machinations. My only problem with it is that there are only seven episodes. So setting up is fine but with only five episodes left, we're not going to get very far.
I think it looked slow because the pilot was super fast, with tons of stuff. The promo of 1x02, anyway, had very little stuff of what happened, eventually several scenes are in the 1x03 promo too.
I have the same doubt about that. But maybe they cut the book a lot...I doubt they hoped to have a second season, the show is quite expensive too.

13 episodes would have been better, I agree. But personally I would have been more worried of cancelation, in that case. Anyway, there's always the book I plan to read it after these seven episodes, because it seems they changed some stuff from it
Spoiler:

Quote:
I'd post. You sometimes never know which thread will be more popular. Sometimes it's a couples thread. Sometimes it's a show thread.
It wasn't a critic, anyway I'm not used to general discussion boards In the past I only posted in show boards and both the mods I moderated closed voluntarily because there weren't users anymore (even though it's not the Television board case )
So a couple thread would work? Especially with more episodes, I hope we'll have more and more interactions

EDIT: Done!
http://www.fanforum.com/f88/benvolio...-ugh-63191718/

Last edited by airali_glo; 06-09-2017 at 03:52 AM
Old 06-09-2017, 04:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

I notice that they said that they will be back on Monday, but on my DVR that it won't air on Monday???

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top