Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Master Fan

I've just recently started following Southland, I'm not sure what pulled me in but I'm interested in how they will handle Lydia's storyline. It's a great little conflict and this might be a chance to show the real side of being a pregnant cop, most cop dramas just brush by the issue.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah, i liked that too!
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:20 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hi everyone.

I occasionally post on the Ben Mckenzie board on FF.
In case you would like to be updated on the latest news on Southland (spoilers, ratings, reviews, pictures, etc), you may want to visit these sites:

Southland__TV on Livejournal

Southland

You can also follow the site on twitter.

Twitter

Another site you may want to check out is SouthlandTVFans.com
The site is on twitter and Facebook.

Twitter

Southland Fans | Facebook

Both sites were started around late 2008- early 2009 , so there is a lot of archival information on Southland in these sites, for anyone searching for older information on the show.

Thanks.
vinie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

this season has been so good so far! can't believe it's almost over! *sad!face*
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

I actually really liked last night's episode. It's hardly the first time we've seen the "cop documentary" angle but I just think they handled it really well. The end with Cooper was pretty intense.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

almost over, what?!

how many episodes does it get?

i have one to catch up on!
Old 02-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

ten episodes.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

awww. needs way more.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love this show! Everythings so realistic.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

Yeah I definitely think that's what sets Southland apart from the usual "cop-drama". It's cool to see cops doing their jobs without the procedural aspect. That also allows them to dig a little deeper into the characters. It's not really about the job, it's about what kind of person it takes to do the job.

Also am I the only one hoping that through some twist of fate Lucy Liu gets bumped up to regular next season? (see spoiler tag) I was kinda surprised how much I've liked the development of the Tang-Cooper dynamic. Even though I was surprised initially to hear she was cast on this show, she's brought something different to the table.
Spoiler:
Old 02-28-2012, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

well and theres alway a "wtf" moment on the show! the end of the last episode was crazy!

I actually like Lucy a lot too. I wasnt that enthused about her joining, btu i really like her character, shes interesting and i too like her interaction with cooper.

loving ben and sammy's friendship!

also holy lydia.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

Last night's episode was great for character development. I loved seeing Jess get the spotlight. Also I like the idea of a "bad day." Kinda nice to see the downside of the job in regards to marriage coming from a woman's perspective. That's pretty unusual for a cop show and I appreciated it a lot. Again this plot really worked because of the chemistry Cooper and Jess build this season. The final confrontation was tense and it was easy to feel that. The ending... oh wow. I dunno what's she's gonna do. I do think the situation was interesting because the shoot itself probably would have been called good even with the orange cap on the gun. But now things are so complicated...

It was cool to see the Cooper/Jess partnership contrasted with the Ben/Sammy partnership. It's easy to see where both these guys are coming from. Seeing Sammy cool down as the episode went on was nice. These two have a great connection even when they're not on the best of terms. I also liked the opening in the locker room, just the guys being guys- they spend so much time paired off that I really get into the scenes when we see the officers with a larger group.

Lydia, Lydia. Again we got the episode theme of trusting your partner. I think my favorite part was actually getting some scenes between two women. That's not exactly common on this show and it felt right for where Lydia is this season.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

great episode! loved the jess SL. i hope she doesnt get fired.

Spoiler:

cooper should have covered for her regardless of what he saw. the idiot had a toy gun pointed at a cop during a shoot out? not smart. i would have done the exact same thing if i were her, honestly.

although if the boy wakes up (or did he die? i cant remember) wouldnt he be able to say that the cap was on?

i dont like to see sammy and ben fight.

Last edited by Alexa; 03-08-2012 at 12:16 AM
Old 03-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

dp
Old 03-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

wow, really? cooper should have covered tang regardless of her framing an innocent kid? i hated how this past episode delved deeper into her character actually being capable of living with such unethical/immoral behavior. i'm glad john, even though he is no saint, held onto his convictions. granted both him and sammy are quite hypocritical in judging their partners, but that doesn't make any less of what they say/think true. dewey's perspective on being a cop enraged me more. like, just because you wear a uniform, you too have to follow the same rules. period. it doesn't set you apart, make you better, etc... and tang saying that she'd do the same thing again was stupid.

also, lydia got pregnant by the guy who made ONE appearance on the show? ugh. this episode was just a downright mess, but i still enjoyed it.
Reply   Post New Thread