Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2007, 07:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by piscesgirl389 (View Post)
The ending was so well-edited and directed. I literally thought I was going to have a heart attack I was so nervous. Plus, I absolutely loved that Journey song.
Me too. I keep playing it over and over
Old 06-15-2007, 11:13 PM
Master Fan

Yahoo is about a week late with the "news" but oh well:

Sopranos
laurendbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Master Fan

Reading the second-to-last paragraph of that, I'm coping with the ending a little more...
Old 06-18-2007, 07:08 PM
Elite Fan

Personally, I think it just ended when it ended. At first I thought Tony got whacked, but I'd like to think they all just have dinner and move on with there lives. The last scene is showing the paranoia Tony will face in his current perdicament.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

List of episodes that actors submitted for Emmy consideration.

Edie Falco - The Second Coming

James Gandolfini - The Second Coming

Supporting Actress category

Sharon Angela - Stage 5
Lorraine Bracco - The Second Coming
Cara Buono - Kennedy and Heidi
Marianne Leone Cooper - Kennedy and Heidi
Kathrine Narducci - Stage 5
Jamie-Lynn Sigler - The Second Coming
Aida Turturro - Soprano Home Movies
Maureen Van Zandt - Kennedy and Heidi

Supporting Actor Category

Ray Abruzzo - Stage 5
Carl Capotorto - Walk Like a Man
Max Casella - Chasing It
Dominic Chianese - Remember When
Vincent Curatola - Stage 5
Robert Iler - The Second Coming
Michael Imperioli - Walk Like a Man
Steven Schirripa - Soprano Home Movies
Matt Servitto - Walk Like a Man
Tony Sirico - Remember When
Steven Van Zandt - Stage 5
John Ventimiglia - Kennedy and Heidi

addicted2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:46 PM
Master Fan

I just got into the show by watching S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, and the first half of S6 over the summer. Can anyone help me with episodes from the second half of the last season? I haven't had any luck finding them online. Thanks!
Lonely Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:48 PM
Elite Fan

The Second Coming definetly was the major highlight of the S6, Part 2. And it does honestly rank as one of my favorite episodes of all-time.

HBO2 is re-airing S6, Part 2 every Saturday night...but, it's about 4 weeks in. So, that doesn't really help you out. And S6, Part 1 is now on HBO OnDemand, so you might have to wait a while. I think the DVD set is coming out sometime in October.

Random question: Do you think the Tony/Melfi relationship ended the way you wanted it to?

Btw, I updated the first post. Ask to be added to the list...and check it out.

kenny | credit

Last edited by smoothaise; 07-19-2007 at 12:32 AM
smoothaise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:13 PM
Elite Fan

Congrats to the show on the Emmy wins espcially best drama! they deserved it!
-res cogitans- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Master Fan

Wow. Didn't know this thread was here. Please add me!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Very very sad news came out last night as Sopranos Star James Ganolphini has died while in Itialy as the age of 51

CNN.com

James Gandolfini, who gained fame playing a memorable mafia boss on HBO's "The Sopranos," died after suffering a possible heart attack in Italy on Wednesday, June 19.

Gandolfini won three Emmy Awards for his role as Tony Soprano
He was scheduled to appear at the Taormino Film Fest in Sicily
He is survived by his wife, a daughter and a son

(CNN) -- James Gandolfini, best known for his role as an anxiety-ridden mob boss on HBO's "The Sopranos," died Wednesday while on vacation in Italy. He was 51.

The exact cause of death is not known, but his managers said it was possibly a heart attack.
"It is with immense sorrow that we report our client, James Gandolfini. passed away today while on holiday in Rome, Italy," managers Mark Armstrong and Nancy Sanders said in a joint statement. "Our hearts are shattered and we will miss him deeply. He and his family were part of our family for many years and we are all grieving."

The actor had been scheduled to make an appearance at the Taormina Film Fest in Sicily this week.

Gandolfini won three Emmy Awards for his portrayal of Tony Soprano, the angst-wracked mob boss who visited a therapist and took Prozac while knocking off people. "The Sopranos" aired from 1999 to 2007.

"Jimmy was the spiritual core of our Sopranos family, and I am stunned at this devastating loss," said Chris Albrecht, the former president of HBO who gave the green light to the show. "He was a great talent, but an even better man. My thoughts are with his family."

Actor Steve Van Zandt, who played Tony Soprano's confidant Silvio Dante, felt equally close to Gandolfini in real life. "I have lost a brother and a best friend," he posted on Twitter. "The world has lost one of the greatest actors of all time."

Gandolfini was born September 18, 1961, in Westwood, New Jersey, according to Biography.com.

He graduated from Rutgers University and, as the story goes, worked as a bartender and a bouncer in New York City until he went with a friend to an acting class.
He got his start on Broadway, with a role in the 1992 revival of "A Streetcar Named Desire" with Jessica Lange and Alec Baldwin.

Entertainers, politicians mourn Gandolfini
Gandolfini's big screen debut came in the role of a heavy in the bloody "True Romance" in 1993. His breakthrough on the small screen came in 1999 with the role of Tony Soprano.
"He was a genius. Anyone who saw him even in the smallest of his performances knows that," David Chase, who developed "The Sopranos," said in a statement. "...A great deal of that genius resided in those sad eyes."

Gandolfini, who was notoriously press shy, had a reputation in the tabloids for being sometimes difficult.
"He wasn't easy sometimes. But he was my partner, he was my brother in ways I can't explain and never will be able to explain," Chase said.
'Sopranos,' Gandolfini left mark on N.J. businesses

While Gandolfini was known for sometimes ruthless, often imposing characters, those who worked with him described an actor who put his heart into a role.
"He was just so good at the emotion. A very passionate man and a very, very tender man," Matthew Warchus, who directed Gandolfini in the 2009 Broadway play "God of Carnage," told CNN. "I really loved him and admired him a great deal."
Larry King, who saw Gandolfini in Las Vegas just weeks ago, told CNN the actor was "jovial and seemed happy."

"He stamped himself in 'The Sopranos' so much, people have overlooked his many diversified roles he's performed," King said. "He was a very diverse character actor, who became a star."
2007: James Gandolfini on the red carpet

Gandolfini's acting credits included roles in "The Last Castle" with Robert Redford, "The Mexican" with Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts and "Surviving Christmas" with Ben Affleck.
In recent years, he had starred in several movies, including the Oscar-nominated "Zero Dark Thirty," "The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3" and "Killing Them Softly."
Gandolfini was also known to children, voicing Carol, a wild thing, in the 2009 movie adaptation of Maurice Sendak's classic "Where the Wild Things Are."
He took to the stage to do a reading of Sendak's "In The Night Kitchen" to mark the author's 80th birthday.

News of the actor's death spread quickly, drawing shock and sadness from those who had worked with him.

"James Gandolfini was a kind, funny, wonderful guy. I'm so lucky to have worked with him. Sending love to his family. Such a sad, sad day," Olivia Wilde, who starred with the actor in "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone," said in a post on Twitter.

Actor Steve Carell, who also appeared in the movie, simply said on Twitter: "James Gandolfini. What a great loss."

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie described himself as a "huge fan" of Gandolfini.

"It's an awful shock. James Gandolfini was a fine actor, a Rutgers alum and a true Jersey guy," he said.

Gandolfini is survived by his wife, Deborah, and their 9-month-old daughter, Liliana. He is also survived by a son, Michael, from another marriage.

Last edited by Logan; 06-19-2013 at 11:35 PM
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Logan (View Post)
Very very sad news came out last night as Sopranos Star James Ganolphini has died while in Itialy as the age of 51

CNN.com

James Gandolfini, who gained fame playing a memorable mafia boss on HBO's "The Sopranos," died after suffering a possible heart attack in Italy on Wednesday, June 19.

Gandolfini won three Emmy Awards for his role as Tony Soprano
He was scheduled to appear at the Taormino Film Fest in Sicily
He is survived by his wife, a daughter and a son

(CNN) -- James Gandolfini, best known for his role as an anxiety-ridden mob boss on HBO's "The Sopranos," died Wednesday while on vacation in Italy. He was 51.

The exact cause of death is not known, but his managers said it was possibly a heart attack.
"It is with immense sorrow that we report our client, James Gandolfini. passed away today while on holiday in Rome, Italy," managers Mark Armstrong and Nancy Sanders said in a joint statement. "Our hearts are shattered and we will miss him deeply. He and his family were part of our family for many years and we are all grieving."

The actor had been scheduled to make an appearance at the Taormina Film Fest in Sicily this week.

Gandolfini won three Emmy Awards for his portrayal of Tony Soprano, the angst-wracked mob boss who visited a therapist and took Prozac while knocking off people. "The Sopranos" aired from 1999 to 2007.

"Jimmy was the spiritual core of our Sopranos family, and I am stunned at this devastating loss," said Chris Albrecht, the former president of HBO who gave the green light to the show. "He was a great talent, but an even better man. My thoughts are with his family."

Actor Steve Van Zandt, who played Tony Soprano's confidant Silvio Dante, felt equally close to Gandolfini in real life. "I have lost a brother and a best friend," he posted on Twitter. "The world has lost one of the greatest actors of all time."

Gandolfini was born September 18, 1961, in Westwood, New Jersey, according to Biography.com.

He graduated from Rutgers University and, as the story goes, worked as a bartender and a bouncer in New York City until he went with a friend to an acting class.
He got his start on Broadway, with a role in the 1992 revival of "A Streetcar Named Desire" with Jessica Lange and Alec Baldwin.

Entertainers, politicians mourn Gandolfini
Gandolfini's big screen debut came in the role of a heavy in the bloody "True Romance" in 1993. His breakthrough on the small screen came in 1999 with the role of Tony Soprano.
"He was a genius. Anyone who saw him even in the smallest of his performances knows that," David Chase, who developed "The Sopranos," said in a statement. "...A great deal of that genius resided in those sad eyes."

Gandolfini, who was notoriously press shy, had a reputation in the tabloids for being sometimes difficult.
"He wasn't easy sometimes. But he was my partner, he was my brother in ways I can't explain and never will be able to explain," Chase said.
'Sopranos,' Gandolfini left mark on N.J. businesses

While Gandolfini was known for sometimes ruthless, often imposing characters, those who worked with him described an actor who put his heart into a role.
"He was just so good at the emotion. A very passionate man and a very, very tender man," Matthew Warchus, who directed Gandolfini in the 2009 Broadway play "God of Carnage," told CNN. "I really loved him and admired him a great deal."
Larry King, who saw Gandolfini in Las Vegas just weeks ago, told CNN the actor was "jovial and seemed happy."

"He stamped himself in 'The Sopranos' so much, people have overlooked his many diversified roles he's performed," King said. "He was a very diverse character actor, who became a star."
2007: James Gandolfini on the red carpet

Gandolfini's acting credits included roles in "The Last Castle" with Robert Redford, "The Mexican" with Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts and "Surviving Christmas" with Ben Affleck.
In recent years, he had starred in several movies, including the Oscar-nominated "Zero Dark Thirty," "The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3" and "Killing Them Softly."
Gandolfini was also known to children, voicing Carol, a wild thing, in the 2009 movie adaptation of Maurice Sendak's classic "Where the Wild Things Are."
He took to the stage to do a reading of Sendak's "In The Night Kitchen" to mark the author's 80th birthday.

News of the actor's death spread quickly, drawing shock and sadness from those who had worked with him.

"James Gandolfini was a kind, funny, wonderful guy. I'm so lucky to have worked with him. Sending love to his family. Such a sad, sad day," Olivia Wilde, who starred with the actor in "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone," said in a post on Twitter.

Actor Steve Carell, who also appeared in the movie, simply said on Twitter: "James Gandolfini. What a great loss."

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie described himself as a "huge fan" of Gandolfini.

"It's an awful shock. James Gandolfini was a fine actor, a Rutgers alum and a true Jersey guy," he said.

Gandolfini is survived by his wife, Deborah, and their 9-month-old daughter, Liliana. He is also survived by a son, Michael, from another marriage.
So sad to hear!! May he rest in Peace I really liked that show and well sad to hear.
S5 TVD Datharine is coming!
lShatteredHeartl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:45 AM
Master Fan

Such sad news, RIP James
~Janice~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:55 AM
Moderator Support Team

Completely shock that he passed away since I only saw few episode of this show.. So sad news..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:13 AM
Addicted Fan

I was shocked by this news too this morning

My response was *in typical tony soprano tone* : Youre kidding!?!?!?"

I mean... Sweet jesus!

Rest in peace!

Never has a role been so complex! Gandolfini put all of himself into that multi faceted role

The character was funny, classy and looked like the world's nicest guy 1 minute

And in the same minute he becomes a scary monster

However all in all, Tony Soprano was human.

EDIT- and->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dojZQowE6RQ

^ I often wondered what on earth this was all about?

I do now

Last edited by CONDEMNED666; 06-20-2013 at 08:44 AM
CONDEMNED666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

So sad and so shocking. I've never watched The Sopranos, but I've seen some of James Gandolfini's other work and he was such a great actor.