Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Elite Fan

I mean Tara didn't know the club's plan during the finale in season 3. She still managed to hug Jax as he was being led off. Idk.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Master Fan

Sorry if this has been posted already. Just thought it was interesting.

Quote:
I really wanted to get to a place where Jax perhaps realizes he’s better at being an outlaw than he is at being a husband and a father,” Sutter said Wednesday (December 5) on a post-season call with reporters. “… The intent was to have him have this very successful, although bloody an tumultuous and tragic or painful, run as president of the club, but ultimately to have that stuff come out almost flawlessly. The execution of Pope (Harold Perrineau), the way he maneuvered that, he pulled that off like a spec ops soldier. All that stuff went flawlessly and was incredibly smart. While all that was going on on the outlaw side, all the stuff with his family was essentially falling apart. At the end of it, he does one incredibly well and one incredibly bad. [It’s] just the idea of, maybe I’m supposed to be doing this and not be doing that. I’m not saying this is where we’re ultimately going to be with the character, but in this moment, I think there is a sense of, I’m completely successful on the one hand and I’ve completely failed at this other thing, and maybe I’m just supposed to be doing the thing I’m good at. That’s where I wanted to have him land at the end.
Source
Old 12-08-2012, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

he pulled that off like a spec ops soldier. no.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:09 AM
Loyal Fan

^^ You can't deny that he pulled that off well. It was a great plan and he executed it well.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

It was a flawed plan because Pope could have killed Tig before Jax got there. It wasn't thought through at all.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Elite Fan

CH named performer of the week by TV Line.

Charlie Hunnam: ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 5 — Performer of the Week - TVLine

Spoiler:

Old 12-11-2012, 12:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
It was a flawed plan because Pope could have killed Tig before Jax got there. It wasn't thought through at all.
Gotta disagree. I thought about that when Tig said it, but it made sense that Pope wouldn't kill him right away. I think Jax was counting on Pope's bloodlust - he wanted to exact revenge on Tig, but he wanted to take his time. Jax was thinking like Pope, in more ways than one. If Tig had been Clay, Jax would've taken his time with him too.

Love those insights. Thanks for the spoilers!
Old 12-11-2012, 03:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sure Pope probably wanted to take his time but Jax didn't know that, he wasn't sure if Tig would get out alive. Besides Pope was never his friend or even a true ally, Jax doesn't know him and Pope is unpredictable. How was he sure that Pope would have left him outside just with one dude and that they wouldn't have checked his bike for more weapons, it wasn't a great plan. It was a reckless plan imo that could have easily backfired.

I wonder if there are going to be any consequences next season. Pope was so influential that it would be ridiculous and unrealisitc if there were no repercussions.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:47 PM
Master Fan

I've closed my eyes as I was browsing through the thread, don't want to spoil myself. I am a complete newbie to the show, have been wanting to watch for a long while now, just never did. But thanks to netflix my obsession has begun. Just wanted to say OMG i'm in love with the show and hope I will still enjoy it when I get to the new episodes.

darylbeth
Old 12-16-2012, 03:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Sure Pope probably wanted to take his time but Jax didn't know that, he wasn't sure if Tig would get out alive. Besides Pope was never his friend or even a true ally, Jax doesn't know him and Pope is unpredictable. How was he sure that Pope would have left him outside just with one dude and that they wouldn't have checked his bike for more weapons, it wasn't a great plan. It was a reckless plan imo that could have easily backfired.

I wonder if there are going to be any consequences next season. Pope was so influential that it would be ridiculous and unrealisitc if there were no repercussions.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that. I thought it was well-executed and conceptualized.

Quote:
I've closed my eyes as I was browsing through the thread, don't want to spoil myself. I am a complete newbie to the show, have been wanting to watch for a long while now, just never did. But thanks to netflix my obsession has begun. Just wanted to say OMG i'm in love with the show and hope I will still enjoy it when I get to the new episodes.
Welcome! I felt the same way you do now when I first got into the show. I did a marathon of seasons 1-4 in 5 days! Yes, I don't have a life. But it was so good though! And I hated waiting a year for s5. Ugh!

Who's your favorite so far?
Old 12-16-2012, 03:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. I thought it was well-executed and conceptualized.

Quote:
Welcome! I felt the same way you do now when I first got into the show. I did a marathon of seasons 1-4 in 5 days! Yes, I don't have a life. But it was so good though! And I hated waiting a year for s5. Ugh!

Old 12-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddleskittlesღ (View Post)

Thanks, I've been wanting to watch since it started just never got around to it. Barely watch TV, except for a few things, so grateful for netflix. I would be further along than what I am now, but the hubby caught a few episodes with me, so he is catching up to me so we can watch together...really driving me crazy I need more now

Opie by far, I just love Ryan Hurst. I'm nervous though skimming through a page yesterday led me to believe things don't end well for him Trying to not think of any of the newer stuff until I get caught up.

darylbeth
Old 12-17-2012, 02:42 AM
Master Fan

So sorry if we ruined it for you. I don't like getting spoiled either, but I'm kidding myself if I go on the Internet expecting that

Oh yes, Opie. He is the voice of reason and a shining light. One of my favorites too. Jax, Tara, Gemma, Chibs, Tig, and Juice are my faves
Old 01-26-2013, 07:19 PM
Master Fan

>>
Old 03-11-2013, 09:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

I love SOA, but right now...I'm in between, depending on Jax...Of course he's dealing with a lot of BullSh. But nonetheless, he should stayed the old Jax...And I'm hoping Tara get out of Jail soon
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top