Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2017, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysjolex (View Post)
Is he?! I have only properly watched till the end of season 5 atm, unless I've missed something

yeah frank is getting harder to deal with each season for sure.. he does allow them all some great acting moments though, the frank/Fiona scene from the finale was pretty amazing!
Okay true I wouldn't be against Frank dying lol haha.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybug57 (View Post)
I really think the show could stand alone with just a focus on the kids and Kev/V and to completely do away with Frank. I doubt that much would actually change.

Tony definitely has a bit of a creepiness to him (though unintentional). He was just a bit too into Fiona.

Single Fiona is good too.
Yeah I don't think much WOULD change, because i personally am really tired of his 'escapade of the week' plots we get that are isolated from the rest of the cast. And Julie is right, there is no character development, and there won't ever be, as we saw in season 4 when he goes right back to drinking after his liver transplant. And maybe it's meant to be a character analysis of people that just DON'T change, but it's not appealing when you have crap that happens to all the other characters and we ARE seeing developments (sometimes in the form of regression first) with them. He does despicable things and whilst the show got away with it in the early seasons, because he provided a lot of humour, it's starting to wear off for me and unless they have him show some growth and actually care about his kids that's not 'oh maybe he does care about them in his own way if you look really hard' then I think he should be killed off

Oh yeah I too got creepy vibes from tony! Just meant that despite other people thinking he was a good guy, Fiona still wasn't interested so the result of mike and gus was never going to be any different haha. I'm about to start season 6 but I know Fiona is single in 7, and I too would be happy for her to end that way!
Old 02-14-2017, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah I don't think much WOULD change, because i personally am really tired of his 'escapade of the week' plots we get that are isolated from the rest of the cast. And Julie is right, there is no character development, and there won't ever be, as we saw in season 4 when he goes right back to drinking after his liver transplant. And maybe it's meant to be a character analysis of people that just DON'T change, but it's not appealing when you have crap that happens to all the other characters and we ARE seeing developments (sometimes in the form of regression first) with them. He does despicable things and whilst the show got away with it in the early seasons, because he provided a lot of humour, it's starting to wear off for me and unless they have him show some growth and actually care about his kids that's not 'oh maybe he does care about them in his own way if you look really hard' then I think he should be killed off
I can definitely see that.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Frank doesn't have character development because he is supposed to show that characters/people like him don't change. Once a scammer, always a scammer when it comes to him.

Quote:

Oh yeah I too got creepy vibes from tony! Just meant that despite other people thinking he was a good guy, Fiona still wasn't interested so the result of mike and gus was never going to be any different haha. I'm about to start season 6 but I know Fiona is single in 7, and I too would be happy for her to end that way!
I think it helps with her finding herself. She's always been independent except when it comes to men.

Ya plus Tony all of the sudden had a wife after Fiona wasn't interested in being with him.

Big lights will inspire you
Old 02-14-2017, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yeah thats true.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Aaron Paul

true, she didn't know that about him yet I thought it was creepy how he moved in next door to her after she's turned him down and some of the stuff he did to try to get Jimmy out of the picture. Dude could not take a hint

Also agree that not much would change without Frank. He was important to the story in the beginning, but now they're all kind of doing their own thing

Single Fiona was one of the best things they did with her storyline. Now if she could just find a good balance between working and being there for her family

Quote:
Ya plus Tony all of the sudden had a wife after Fiona wasn't interested in being with him.
yes and then he randomly shows up again later and is supposedly gay

Last edited by Julie; 02-16-2017 at 12:20 AM
Old 02-15-2017, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He definitely couldn't
Old 02-16-2017, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They do all have separate story lines, and the kids are older. Frank just isn't needed as much to develop the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie (View Post)

yes and then he randomly shows up again later and is supposedly gay
Yes! I guess it didn't work out with him and the wife. Tony really did some extreme things to get Jimmy out of the picture.

I love it when Jimmy shows up to the house Tony is living in, and Tony says he doesn't take bribes and Jimmy points out that he is living in one.

Tony's interest in Fiona was just a little too extreme given it wasn't reciprocated.

Old 02-16-2017, 04:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I think Frank doesn't have character development because he is supposed to show that characters/people like him don't change. Once a scammer, always a scammer when it comes to him.

I think it helps with her finding herself. She's always been independent except when it comes to men.

Yeah I think thats exactly it, and he won't change, but i think that does become an issue now that they're going into season 8, nothing shocks us anymore and he literally can't do anything worse than he's already done without going to jail lol so there's not really any point left in him. The one thing you get out of his presence is seeing the Impact on the kids, but since it's mainly negative and because they ALWAYS seem to forgive and forget, it gets a bit tiresome and repetitive never seeing him get what he deserves. He just drives most of the drama so that's why he's there but I'm sure they could find someone else for that now

And yeah that was hilarious the bribe thing haha.
Old 02-16-2017, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yes! I guess it didn't work out with him and the wife. Tony really did some extreme things to get Jimmy out of the picture.

I love it when Jimmy shows up to the house Tony is living in, and Tony says he doesn't take bribes and Jimmy points out that he is living in one.

Tony's interest in Fiona was just a little too extreme given it wasn't reciprocated.
I loved that scene
Old 02-26-2017, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 02-26-2017, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^Thanks for the GIF! Love the intensity of their relationship!

Quote:
Yeah I think thats exactly it, and he won't change, but i think that does become an issue now that they're going into season 8, nothing shocks us anymore and he literally can't do anything worse than he's already done without going to jail lol so there's not really any point left in him. The one thing you get out of his presence is seeing the Impact on the kids, but since it's mainly negative and because they ALWAYS seem to forgive and forget, it gets a bit tiresome and repetitive never seeing him get what he deserves. He just drives most of the drama so that's why he's there but I'm sure they could find someone else for that now

And yeah that was hilarious the bribe thing haha.
For sure! It's just tiresome to watch his antics. The bribe was just great.

Old 02-26-2017, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 02-26-2017, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Aaron Paul

10/10 gif, thank you
Old 02-26-2017, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

they have the best chemistry.

REALLY hoping we see Mickey again next season. I still need to watch season 7. Maybe I will this summer.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top