Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2004, 10:59 PM
Total Fan

Lonely Smile, SonnyBrendaCorinthos - Sit with me! :: laughs :: I love Carrie and Big. I am definitely waiting for the end of that dance. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] You know, I just re-watched the episode yesterday where Carrie meets Big at a restaurant and they fall into the pond. That was an absolutely adorable moment. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I still wish I had HBO in my dorm. :: curses ::

>.<

Misako
Shimmer
RBD
Weathernite
OWL
Legolas' Arrow #15
Orli and Ewan's Style-Ologist
#2 of Orli's Harem
Literati
Old 01-06-2004, 11:20 PM
Ultimate Fan

ok, i just rewatched the ep and i'm still not liking it. everytime i see it i dislike aleksandr even more. the guy is annoying the hell out of me. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

RE: Who's Carrie ending up with?

BIG I wasn't all that happy with Big the moments they were together; but when they were "friends" all i wanted was them to hook up.

AIDAN i never fully bought into their romance. yes, they were extremely cute and did love each other, but no, he's not the man for carrie.

BURGER ahh, my dear jack burger, how much did i love that guy. i still can't believe he was so insecure. i'm still mad TPTB decided to go that way. he was the only man (besides Big) i could see Carrie having a long term relationship with.
|| Manny/Craig
(degrassi) || Maria/Michael (roswell) || Meredith/Derek (ga) || PJ/Bobby (mb) || Rachel/Ross (friends) ||
Old 01-07-2004, 11:02 AM
Master Fan

I was really not a fan of the episode. I guess that's mostly because of the Carrie/Alexandr thing. I don't feel he's sexy and I don't really see his appeal. This wasn't the first time Carrie has just used someone for sex, so I don't know what the big deal was about that.

Miranda and Steve are too cute. I loved her "Hug me!" and then her comforting Steve after she told him what had been said.

It was nice to see Smith being mature when Samantha was not, though I wish she hadn't actually slept with Richard before coming to the conclusion that she didn't want to be with him.

And Charlotte's "storyline" -- boring!
Old 01-07-2004, 11:06 AM
Loyal Fan

I love Carrie and Big. It is because of them that I know the song "Moon River". I really want them to end up together. If only Big would just give in. I liked Aidan too but "it" just wasn't there, and when you watch the episodes you know that. Burger was definitely a temp, although I didn't think he would be an *******. Now I have to remember him forever as the "post-it guy". And this Aleksander guy is intriguing but not everlasting (I make him sound like a stick of gum). Big is the big one. What is Big's name?

Has Samantha finally realized that she can no longer go around humping any free leg in town? What exactly happened there?
Old 01-07-2004, 08:59 PM
Total Fan

This is incredibly idealistic of me, but I'd love to see Carrie get married to Big in the last episode. And to see the wedding invitations...where they reveal Big's real name. But this is just me being slightly romantic and wishing. :: laughs ::

Misako
Shimmer
RBD
Weathernite
OWL
Legolas' Arrow #15
Orli and Ewan's Style-Ologist
#2 of Orli's Harem
Literati
Old 01-11-2004, 11:10 PM
Master Fan

Well I thought tonights episode was SO much better than last weeks.

Miranda/Steve..How sweet are they?? They have been my fav couple since they got together. I cried like a baby when they got married. I'm so happy that these two are ending up together, although I don't want to loose the sarcastic and cynical (sp?) Miranda.

Char/Harry..Harry just tries so dang hard to give Char what she wants. I felt bad for them when they were sick. I really hope these two end up pregnant before the show is over.

Carrie/Alex....ICK! He just grosses me out..lol that sounded so 80's. Anyway, I'm glad Carrie thinks he's just too romantic, cause I think he's just too...old er something.

Samantha/The Girls..This made me cry too. Sam is really trying to be brave. I really cried when during the wedding Carrie grabbed Sam's hand during the "in sickness and in health" as if to say, "I'm here." I really liked the way this show ended with all the girls sitting at the table with each other, and supporting Samantha, even though it was Mirandas big day. I hope nothing bad happens. We'll see....

SATC
Old 01-12-2004, 10:42 AM
Master Fan

Now this was the SATC that I've come to know and love. Miranda's proposal made me laugh and say "aww!" at the same time...I love that! "Look, Mommy and Daddy are getting married!" <--that's so cute and so typical [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I don't understand the "sexyness" or charm or whatever of Petrovsky. He's strange and so not interesting. Some of the things are sweet -- like the dancing before the opera...but the rest was eh.

I love Sam's reaction to the cancer and I love the girls supporting her. I love the trade off between Samantha and Miranda and "I expected better from you." I loved this episode!
Old 01-12-2004, 01:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

Glad there are more Big/Carrie fans out here!

My thoughts on last night's episode...

Carrie and Alek so do not belong together. Carrie does not feel comfortable with his declarations of love and I can't blame her. It's too fairy-tale romance. Ick is right. I was surprised the the girl at McDonald's didn't roll her eyes at them. Very very very very corny. The corniest pairing in primetime history. I just can't say enough about how much they annoy me together. Even if I wasn't a Mr. Big fan, I would still be opposed to this lame pairing. Carrie looked bored out of her freaking mind when she was at his place. This was the same woman that didn't like the fact that Aiden would rather stay home with some KFC than to party all night. I know she's older now but the girl STILL wants to have SOME fun. And remember how bored she looked when she went to the Opera with Char? That's Carrie. Harry said it best when he called him a FuFu Foreigner!

Speaking of Harry...I LOVE THIS MAN! He and Char are my favorite couple on the show right now. No cutesy romantic gestures. And even they they tried to get cutesy at the French place they were able to infuse humor in it. They are just so natural together and it's great to watch! Finally, a man that makes Char tolerable! And the bathroom thing was PERFECT. Now THAT to me is romance! Not the Fufu crap with Carrie and Aleksandr.

Miranda and Steve were much better last night than t hey were last week. I loved that they go shopping together! I loved that their groceries fell right in front of the place they were to marry! I love that she said THIS IS SO US. Oh and Magda still rules. I love her!

But the best part of the entire show was the wonderful scenes that dealt with Sam's cancer. Espicially that ending. Dammit I cried like a little wuss

For those who care, here is TV Guide's take on last night's episode:

Quote:
Sex and the City
Once again: not an ounce of chemistry between Carrie and Aleksandr. And she still dresses like she runs into her closet with the light off and puts on whatever she touches first. There. Now that I got the griping out of the way, I'll reiterate that Miranda remains my favorite by far of the four — her hatred of all things cheesy-wedding only reinforces that — and Samantha's breast cancer was handled perfectly, fitting the tone of the show very nicely without any of the "very special episode" taint I feared might ruin it. Bonus points for Miranda's anti-wedding wedding and for no one saying "luv-ah" this week.
TVG Watercooler.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

I loved Big and Carrie, they better end up together. Just bought season 2, I like when they tried being friends.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hi! I am a new Sex and the City fan. I don't have HBO so I just bought all the seasons on dvd. When does the finale air?
Old 01-13-2004, 12:39 AM
Master Fan

Samantha has cancer [img]smilies/jaw_drop.gif[/img]
the last season really needs to hurry up and start in Australia!!!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Llei:
<STRONG>When does the finale air?</STRONG>
We have 5 episodes to go and if we get a new episode for the next 5 Sunday's, than the finale will air on February 22nd.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:30 PM
MST Manager

Oh, I LOVE Smith's new haircut.

ETA: Sarah just won best actress in a comedy at the Golden Globes. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 01-25-2004: Message edited NikNak ]
Old 01-26-2004, 12:35 AM
Master Fan

tonight was so sweet in so many ways. i totally melted when smith grabbed the razor off the counter and started shaving his head for samantha. i thought he was a hottie with long hair, but he's even hotter with a shaved head. i got all melty when miranda looked out the window of the house in brooklyn too. i thought it was really funny that miranda forgot that she was married, and after she had her sweet moment, she went right back into miranda mode with the realtor. i really felt for charlotte, but i'm glad she got a dog even if it's not a baby. harry's really great for her, even though i still don't see the attraction. i still don't like carrie and the russian, but it seems like he's here to stay.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by DevotedFanOfMatt:
<STRONG>tonight was so sweet in so many ways. i totally melted when smith grabbed the razor off the counter and started shaving his head for samantha.</STRONG>
I admit I wanted to cry in that scene. No joke! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top