Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2007, 12:25 PM
Master Fan

Saddest TV Moments 1: *sniff* and share the kleenex

I didn't see another thread like this in the Thread guide, so if there is, I'm sorry.

Hand's down, one of the saddest moments is my icon. The episode of Futurama entitiled "Jurassic Bark"

from wikipedia
Plot

Fry decides to take Bender to a museum exhibit, showing a reconstructed pizzeria from the 20th century. To Fry's surprise, the restaurant is Panucci's Pizza, the very place he used to work. On display are many of the things he remembers using a millennium before—and, to his shock, also on display is a fossilized dog, which he instantly recognizes as his pet Seymour.

In a flashback (one of several throughout the episode), Fry remembers how he met Seymour. Fry goes to an address to deliver a pizza, only to realize that the name given ("Seymour Asses") means it was obviously a crank call. He finds a starving dog and feeds him some of the pizza, jokingly saying that he is the "Seymour" the call talked about. The dog then follows him back to the pizza parlor, and subsequently begins to hang around there so much that Mr. Panucci dubs him their "mascot". Fry, for all intents and purposes, becomes his owner, and teaches him tricks, including how to bark "Walking on Sunshine".

Back in the future, Fry begins a campaign to get Seymour's body out of the museum, which proves successful. The professor then examines Seymour's body, and concludes that, due to his unusually rapid fossilization, a DNA sample can be made to produce a clone, and it would even be possible to copy Seymour's brain waves to recreate his personality and memory. Fry is ecstatic and begins to prepare for a dog; however, Bender becomes instantly jealous, especially as Fry calls Seymour his "best friend," and seems incapable of understanding how Fry could care for an animal. Bender tries to make Fry jealous, to no avail.

In another series of flashbacks, it is revealed that the night when Fry was frozen, Seymour was anxious about him leaving, and as he left Fry reassured him, telling him to "wait for [him]" outside the shop. He is then frozen. On New Year's Day, when Fry does not return, Seymour goes on a quest to find him, and manages to get into the Cryogenic Lab, where he whines outside of Fry's freezer. The owners, not understanding or realizing that Fry is not supposed to be frozen, call Fry's parents, who take Seymour away without noticing their son is in the freezer.

In the 31st century, the professor is ready to clone Seymour, which requires going deep underground to harness geothermal power. Bender arrives and, annoyed that Fry will not spend time with him, grabs the fossil and throws it in a pit of lava, apparently thinking that destroying Seymour will instantly restore his friendship with Fry. Fry is, of course, furious and hysterical, and Bender realizes how Fry could love a lesser creature, as (from his perspective) a human loving an animal is the same as a robot loving a human. The professor explains that the fossil may not have been instantly destroyed, as it was made of dolomite. Bender—who claims to be 40% dolomite—dives in and manages to recover the fossil.

The professor is about to clone Seymour once again, when his computer tells him that Seymour died at the age of 15. Fry is upset by this—Seymour had only been three when he was frozen—and destroys the professor's machine so that the cloning does not occur. He explains that, as much as he loved Seymour, Seymour had apparently lived twelve years without Fry, and probably moved on and had a full life of his own, and that thus, he was only a small part of Seymour's life.

The episode ends with a flashback, revealing that Fry was wrong—rather than moving on, Seymour spent the rest of his life in front of Panucci's pizzeria, waiting for Fry to return. The scene shows a slow montage of passing years, where Seymour was cared for by Mr. Panucci until the restaurant's closing, and Seymour's final death at old age, still awaiting Fry's return.

*Warning*-Serious kleenex usage if you click

YouTube - Futurama - "I Will Wait For You"
Old 12-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Thanks for the thread!!

I'll get it added to the thread guide!
Old 12-30-2007, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

My saddest were a few of the deaths on Third Watch... namely Bobby, then Alex.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

Unfaithful, I am running over to YouTube next to watch this clip.....that episode sounds like I would have needed at least a boxfull.

I can't right now think of a moment, when I cried.....there has to have been tons, but movies come to mind, like watching Brian Piccolo die -doesn't matter how many times I have seen Brian's song, I each time. Or seeing Jimmy Stewart in It's a Wonderful Life, the ending, I am so happy to see how Mary has gathered his friends to help save him and then the ringing of the bell..knowing Clarence has gotten his wings.

The Kleenex commercials right now, those are really good. But not crying good...they are a feel good about life -nano second.
EJami powerful, tangible, wild & completely off the charts Choice, not chance, determined destiny. He, too, has been changed in his turn, changed utterly: & a terrible beauty was born. Love comes in many forms & faces, as there are many roads to truth.
Dommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:32 AM
Master Fan

I like the Kleenex commercials

Most Cold Case episodes make me cry.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

Cold Case episodes are always so sad
Old 12-31-2007, 09:35 AM
Banned

One Wonderful Day= DH Bree&Rex's finale scene together and the phone call.
Somethings Coming= DH the whole episode.
Bang= DH Nora's death even though i hated her.

Mostly those are my saddest moment on my favorite show.

Ugly Betty=The episode when Bradford died the finale scene with him and Claire.
brexluv22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Unfaithful~ (View Post)
I like the Kleenex commercials

Most Cold Case episodes make me cry.
So true. I cry almost everytime

And when Kate Todd died on NCIS, it was so sad. Kill Ari pt1 and pt2: i cried all the time during both of the epis..
KATE. | icon
me and the sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

I was nearly in tears yesterday watching the Biggest Loser. The first weighin. They all were so shocked to find out what they truly weighed...and just imagining the thoughts in their heads and hearing them say HOW DID I COME TO THIS!! This show is inspiring too...last season, the weight of the twins and Neil, and the ladies who have it so much harder to loose or to win this show. Maybe one day, actually maybe during this 'couples' season they will have a women's team win?? how would that be!
EJami powerful, tangible, wild & completely off the charts Choice, not chance, determined destiny. He, too, has been changed in his turn, changed utterly: & a terrible beauty was born. Love comes in many forms & faces, as there are many roads to truth.
Dommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:20 AM
Extreme Fan

Buffy stabbing Angel with the sword after he got his soul back but not in time to stop him from opening the portal to hell. That scene was so freaking sad. They even changed the "grrrarrgh" monster at the end to say "aww, I need a hug." Also the IWRY episode of Angel, especially in the end when Buffy kept repeating "I won't forget". These two really knew how to wrench your heart and then twist it a bit more at the end to make it worse.

More recently, there's the last scene episode, Doomsday, of Doctor Who in series 2. For both of these shows I still can't watch it all the way through without looking away or becoming a complete lunatic.

There's also Marian's death on Robin Hood. Very recently. You know, I never really did get over the Buffy ones, Doctor Who is still fresh on my mind even though they're going to go into the fourth season and Billie Piper is back on for like three episodes, then this happens. I'm really starting to think that I'm bad luck when shipping couples. One of them always ends up dead, in another dimension, etc.

I totally teared up during that Futurama episode. (Did you watch the DVD movie? I recommend you do.) I was really surprised in that episode how sad I got because...well it's Futurama. But with the music, man that was heart breaking. Made me want to rush home from school and hug my dog. Then somehow sneak her out of the house and take her with me.
pacifierrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Charmed where Prue died and seeing Piper crying about Leo.

The Biggest Loser..every episode, every weigh in..i will always have tears in my eyes, although it wasnt a sad moment...its just that it really made me cried.

Grey's Anatomy when Izzy's guy died.

The Oc when Marisa died.

8 rules for dating my daughters when the dad died. that was horrible for me. cuz i always loved that guy, three's company was awesome.

icon by xxstACEyxx
BrodyliciousGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Master Fan

The Unit - the episode after Hector died. I cried from beginning to end of that episode. Especially during Hector's service when they called his name, it was just heartbreaking.

The X-Files- Closure, the begining of the episode with the gravesites of the children. Also when Mulder see's his sister as a spirit and she runs and hugs him.

I agree with you about the Futurama episode. The ending always gets to me.

Last edited by Cindy3138; 01-04-2008 at 09:42 AM
Cindy3138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Master Fan

ER - the death of Dr. Mark Green. A classic!

And yes Karen - Third Watch is right behind. Bobby´s death with Enya´s "Only Time" playing and simply the end. I cried so hard!

Six Feet Under - the final montage
ALEXA82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

Todd dying in NCIS.
Denny dying in greys
Alot of home and away episodes too.
greyocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacifierrocks (View Post)
Buffy stabbing Angel with the sword after he got his soul back but not in time to stop him from opening the portal to hell. That scene was so freaking sad. They even changed the "grrrarrgh" monster at the end to say "aww, I need a hug." Also the IWRY episode of Angel, especially in the end when Buffy kept repeating "I won't forget". These two really knew how to wrench your heart and then twist it a bit more at the end to make it worse.
I could not agree more with those two Buffy/Angel moments...truly heartbreaking! I remember when I first saw the S2 finale...I sensed what was going to happen, sure enough it did, and I bawled for the rest of that week over that ending. As for the ending to IWRY, about the same, I knew something horrible was going to happen. They owned the gut-wrenching moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodyliciousGirl17 (View Post)
8 rules for dating my daughters when the dad died. that was horrible for me. cuz i always loved that guy, three's company was awesome.
For me, it was more John Ritter's death that affected me more than anything else. I still can't wait an ep of Three's Company because I start crying.

One I'd like to add is the Jack/Kate walkie-talkie moment in 'Not in Portland' in S3 of Lost. When she's telling him the story he first told her on the beach...omg, it's such a beautiful, yet tragic moment between the two of them, gets me every time. Their first walkie-talkie moment at the end of 'I Do' was really great as well.

Last edited by goodbreakingbad; 01-07-2008 at 07:10 PM
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top