Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2017, 03:31 PM
Master Fan

Which is why the one-shot is exciting. I should be excited that they even have Tina Patel,but the actress isn't Indian. Raj is, but not Tina.

CW's "Riverdale" Takes Archie Comics Out of the 1940s

Jughead is kind of hot because he's not interested in attachments.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Tbh,the sexism and the thing with Reggie was kind of why I started to lose interest after awhile. Granted,the fandom is frozen in time, but it was sort of like,why, in this day and age are women putting up with this crap?
He and Veronica were pretty mean in the comics. And I also didn't like how Ethel was treated as the "ugly one". There are a lot of things I don't like in the comics but we're not supposed to treat it in a serious way as they were supposed to be funny and light. As opposed to the TV show where the mood is dark.

Quote:
Until they started to move Archie forward,I lost interest in it. I tried looking for comics with Kevin and couldn't find them. The perpetual 50's was annoying and before they declared that Jughead was asexual,he looked like kind of an .
I didn't read a lot of the newer versions so I don't know much about Kevin other than he's gay.

Quote:
Cole actually called Jughead creepy and a few other negative things in a recent interview. I was offended,but Jughead's behavior has always been questionable, despite how awesome he is in general.
He's probably talking about show Jughead which is his opinion. Comic Jughead was also just as bad. All he did was eat and he was so lazy that his dad continuously puts up with his crap. And he uses a lot of people to get free food. Remember on the show Jughead made a comment, when Betty invited him & Archie to join her & Veronica, he said "only if you pay for it" or something. I can't remember the exact line. That was canon Jughead. This is why I like ep 2 more because it's more canon (referring to this very loosely) than the Pilot.

Quote:
They do need to show Jughead eating a burger,but his food obsession started to grate on my nerves after awhile.I think it had more to do with how old-fashioned the comics were,but I felt like he wasn't developing past this food-obsessed guy who thought girls were icky and could be misogynist at times.
They don't necessarily need to show that he's obsessed with food so you're right, the comics are quite old so the humor of it won't work now. They can just put him in every scene where he eats all the time. It's funny in the comics but put it on a TV show it's weird and doesn't go well with the whole tone of the show.

Quote:
I like Valerie better than Josie,tbh. They did a Josie and the Pussycats movie and Rosario Dawson played Valerie. She was awesome and even if Josie was good, Rosario and Valerie stole the show. Rachel Leigh Cook did a decent job, but out of all the Pussycats,they did the best with Val.
I completely forgot about Valerie. Are we getting her on the show? I actually like Sabrina a lot and I wonder if they'll give her witch powers on the show (or make her a bitch too).

Quote:
Hopefully Josie won't be a stereotype. I'm mad about Tina not being Indian,especially since they've done well with everyone else. Plus,they made Mr. Weatherbee black and Reggie is Asian. That and they made Dilton Asian-Us Asians can't catch a break. Either we're played by Americans or British people or we're stereotypes.
Or non-existent. I'm Asian so yeah while the show did cast Mr. Weatherbee as black and Reggie as Asian, it was more of the show wanting to be more diverse which I understand. But unless they give more depth to Reggie's character, we're still another stereotype. Btw, is Chuck Clayton on the show? We've only seen his dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
in the comics how did the triangle go down? did anyone end up together or are they still going or what? i know nothing about them really. i read them forever ago but not consistently and i dont remember anything now lol.
Spoiler:

Quote:
jughead and veronica are my favs so i cant say i would hate if it went there but i think i would prefer just a really close friendship. i love that dynamic.
Show Jughead and Veronica is more plausible for a friendship. Comics Jughead & Veronica, not so much.

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:10 PM
Master Fan

Valerie is definitely in the show. Chuck isn't in the IMDB list, but I could have forgotten.

I've seen a million pictures where Sabrina is with Jughead and gives him magical burgers. I'm wondering if she's his new best friend or something. He's in her comics, too. I want her to be in it, but maybe next season.

Have you ever read Archie versus Predator? It's in Dark Horse comics and the idea of Archie being able to fight Predator is crazy, but it's also somewhat entertaining.

Cole think comics Jughead is creepy, not his version.

http://screenrant.com/riverdale-jughead-asexual/

It just keeps getting more fascinating.

Last edited by Against_all_odds; 02-08-2017 at 09:19 PM
Against_all_odds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:24 PM
Moderator Manager

LMAO at the magical burgers thing. I actually like Sabrina more than Cheryl or Valerie or Josie in the comics (sometimes even more than Betty & Veronica). But I'm scared that they might make her character on the show OOC. The important characters on the show are the Core 4 so the other characters can just be OOC. Oh well.

No I haven't read that. What is it about?

It's good that Cole is rallying for his character to be ace as Jughead should be. I don't know at this point if the CW will go there but I won't be surprised if they also erase his identity in the comics on the show. I just think aro/ace rep should be shown on TV and this is the perfect opportunity by the network to do that.

Old 02-09-2017, 01:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

well i know nothing about the comics.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
well i know nothing about the comics.
Sometimes that can be better, so you don't have a biased opinion when going int to watch the show.
Mi||iê Måë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't either haha
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:28 PM
Moderator Manager

I'll watch the new ep later when I get home. Or tomorrow. But I don't mind being spoiled here already. I just need to know if there was or wasn't enough Jughead?

Old 02-09-2017, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I haven't watched the episode yet either
Old 02-10-2017, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

i didnt think there was enough. He got some good stuff but i wanted more.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:25 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks Alexa and you are right. Not enough of Jughead. Didn't like that episode at all because it focused mostly on the murder & Grundy/Archie. I still don't find the parents interesting except for Fred.

However, we finally got Chuck but wow, they totally changed him on the show. He was a really great and good character in the comics. Being the coach's son, he was looked up to by the rest so yeah, this Chuck is OOC.

THANK YOU CW for showing Jughead grabbing a milkshake from one of the Dilton Doiley boy scout. That wasn't so hard was it?

Not sure about Ethel yet. She's nice but needs more character development. Btw, I saw Midge's name on the shame book so I hope we get her on the show soon. I can't remember if Veronica & Chuck dated in the comics but I was kinda hoping they just gave the screentime of Chuck to Reggie instead.

Betty is scary in this ep. Also, Veronica getting angry was a glimpse of how Veronica is in the comics so I loved that. I am all for girl power and no to **** shaming but did they really need to stoop to Chuck's level?

Old 02-10-2017, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
i didnt think there was enough. He got some good stuff but i wanted more.
Okay that sucks.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Chuck has a girlfriend in the comics - Nancy Woods. Im not sure if CW is going to add this character though
Old 02-10-2017, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I didn't know that.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift2Potter (View Post)
Chuck has a girlfriend in the comics - Nancy Woods. Im not sure if CW is going to add this character though
I doubt it. Who knows if we'll see him again. I feel like his depiction was slightly racist. They turned him into this cheesy stereotype when he's actually supposed to be a decent guy. The story could have been done with Reggie and made more sense.

Lindsay, Archie versus Predator is exactly what it sounds like. They're all running from and fighting the Predator.

They're going to focus on the murder,but they did need that scene with Fred and Grundy. I have no idea how he'll take the affair.

I hate Alice with a fiery vengeance. Hermione was only interesting because it showed Veronica's Latina side. Hermione is an old name and doesn't suit her. Her saying "Miha" was love.

Betty was terrifying. It made me wonder if she's mentally ill, but she doesn't know it.

I feel like they had to stoop to his level. Misogyny and cyberbullying against girls has become serious and it rarely gets punished or dealt wth properly.

Dilton the gun nut?

Jughead with a camera.

There can never be enough Jughead-I want an entire episode with Jughead in it.

I don't want them to erase comic Jughead completely and I think Cole will probably fight for it. If he wants Jughead to remain Ace/Aromantic, then he'll do the character right otherwise.

The Betty/Jughead stuff was so awesome. She calls him Juggie and it's so cute!