Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2017, 10:24 PM
Master Fan

Riverdale (CW) #1 -Archie Comics have come to life!

+

I didn't see a thread for it here, so I thought I'd start one. I'm loving the show so far and think it's awesome.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:35 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for opening this thread. I'll look for some gifs in the OP but I'll do that soon.

I've read the comics so I'm very cautious with this show. I didn't like the Pilot so much but I want to watch more because that's how you gauge a show if you'll continue to watch. I liked the second episode more because they did well with the characters and most of them (not all though) are very much how they are in the comics.

The standout for me (so far) are Jughead & Veronica.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:45 PM
Passionate Fan

Me too! Im a big fan of the comics that's why I have to rewatch the Pilot because there are some plotlines that weirds me out But I love the second episode! I love Jughead!
Old 02-04-2017, 10:49 PM
Master Fan

Same-I love them. I'm very cautious and so far,I'm afraid that people who've never heard of Archie may be what gets it canceled. I heard it's had low ratings so far. :-/

Do you like what they did with Cheryl and Moose? I thought Moose being a closet case is just weird and Cheryl is supposed to be this sexpot who has a rivalry with Veronica.

They say that Jughead probably won't be asexual for the show and he was always straight in the comics. I'm liking this new version of him a lot. Veronica seems like she's more interested in Betty than Archie. I think that by episode 5,it'll be okay. Not some typical CW the way non-Archie fans seem to think it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift2Potter (View Post)
Me too! Im a big fan of the comics that's why I have to rewatch the Pilot because there are some plotlines that weirds me out But I love the second episode! I love Jughead!
Cheryl and Jason's incest thing is gross. Jason always loved Betty and Cheryl had a thing for Archie,so it's weird for them to be so close to each other. The Grundy thing does need to die, because it's making Archie seem OOC and unappealing.

I'm tempted to start looking back into the comics from the past and read them again. The thing is, the ones in the stores are those old-timey ones, not the ones with Kevin.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:03 PM
Moderator Manager

Cheryl in the comics is nothing like that. What she is on the show is how Veronica is in the comics.

Tbh, if Jughead isn't ace/aro, I'm quitting the show (he never liked girls in the comics). Jughead is my favorite character right now mainly because I thought Cole did a great job of portraying him. I don't care much for the other dynamics like if they make Betty & Veronica be a thing, I don't mind (but I hope they're not queer baiting). I do think that down the line the love triangle will still exist and Veronica will get even closer to Archie. I'm also fine with what they did to Moose but it needs more development rather than just saying he's a closet gay. If the show isn't even going to follow anything canon in the comics, then why bother adapting it to TV at all. I'm so confused.

They need to drop the Archie/Grundy SL. Nothing good comes out of that relationship. Aside from that, the murder plot isn't interesting to me. The fact that we got no backstory on Jason makes me care less.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:21 AM
Passionate Fan

maybe they'll introduce in it the later episodes The writers should work more on character development. Archie has zero personality for me

Last edited by Swift2Potter; 02-05-2017 at 04:54 AM
Swift2Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 12:47 AM
Moderator Manager

That's what I'm hoping. I heard that this is Jughead's "self discovery" and that they won't establish he's ace/aro yet so they're going to let him kiss girls (for now).

The thing with Archie is he's very much like that in the comics (except for the Grundy part) but also I do agree that right now he has zero personality and is actually my least favorite character. It has a lot to do with the Grundy SL which is pulling down the show for me.

I guess I'm overprotective of Jughead because he's my favorite + out of all the characters, he's the one that is the closest to canon right now since they changed everyone up (oh and Reggie is close to canon too but not counting him yet because he's been background so far).

Old 02-05-2017, 10:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

i never read the comics but i love the show.

jughead and veronica are my favs so far

the twincest thing is just weird

the archie storyline with his teacher grosses me out. that needs to stop

im looking forward to learning more about the jughead/archie history and why they stopped being friends.
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 12:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
That's what I'm hoping. I heard that this is Jughead's "self discovery" and that they won't establish he's ace/aro yet so they're going to let him kiss girls (for now).

The thing with Archie is he's very much like that in the comics (except for the Grundy part) but also I do agree that right now he has zero personality and is actually my least favorite character. It has a lot to do with the Grundy SL which is pulling down the show for me.

I guess I'm overprotective of Jughead because he's my favorite + out of all the characters, he's the one that is the closest to canon right now since they changed everyone up (oh and Reggie is close to canon too but not counting him yet because he's been background so far).
Oh? I read an article that said that Cole doesn't think it's going to happen. The thing I read about Jughead is that in the history of the comics, he's canonically straight. A friend of mine was saying that she didn't want them to make him hetero,but he has to kiss girls in order to find out. They'll probably make him Asexual/Aromantic with Ethel.

Is Cheryl really how Veronica is in the comics? Veronica isn't scary and she's never been a cheerleader. She's just a snobby, b**hy rich girl.

You think Jughead is close to canon? I feel like they're doing him differently than he is in the comics. Then again, I never got to read the modern ones. I just remember the ones where he had stuff to say about girls and dating.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this! I've added the show to my queue to watch!
Mi||iê Måë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:32 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Oh? I read an article that said that Cole doesn't think it's going to happen. The thing I read about Jughead is that in the history of the comics, he's canonically straight. A friend of mine was saying that she didn't want them to make him hetero,but he has to kiss girls in order to find out. They'll probably make him Asexual/Aromantic with Ethel.
This is what I want to happen. I can't imagine Jughead in a romantic relationship as he finds being in one repulsive. Cole understandably will say that as he's only the actor and only knows SLs as he gets the script. And also, I wonder if they'll reveal that his real name is Forsythe (that's why he's the third cause his dad's the second Forsythe)?

Quote:
Is Cheryl really how Veronica is in the comics? Veronica isn't scary and she's never been a cheerleader. She's just a snobby, b**hy rich girl.
Not the creepy part obviously as that was added for the 'drama' (and Cheryl for me was more likable than Veronica in the comics). But yeah, she's a bitch and really snobby. Veronica on the show said it so herself. She told Betty that back in NYC she was a lot like Cheryl, in fact she was worse. Veronica was actually a cheerleader. Granted she wasn't athletic or anything and all she did was paint her nails and look sexy for the football team.

Quote:
You think Jughead is close to canon? I feel like they're doing him differently than he is in the comics. Then again, I never got to read the modern ones. I just remember the ones where he had stuff to say about girls and dating.
Yes (for now). Even his sardonic humor, he does that a lot. He & Reggie fight a lot too because Reggie bullies him and he'll have none of it. So that necrophilia part cracked me up because that is so canon (the banter I mean). Even the way he looks and the way he was just outside by the bleachers being all emo, that is soooo Jughead. Though I am a little mad that he hasn't touched a single burger yet.

ETA: I probably won't nitpick on all the canon stuff the show ignored cause there are A LOT. I'd most likely nitpick on what they are showing as canon.

Old 02-05-2017, 10:43 PM
Passionate Fan

^ Yes! Im really missing the combination of food and Jughead!
Old 02-06-2017, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift2Potter (View Post)
^ Yes! Im really missing the combination of food and Jughead!
I haven't read the comics in ages, but I do remember Jughead and his love of food!
Mi||iê Måë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
This is what I want to happen. I can't imagine Jughead in a romantic relationship as he finds being in one repulsive. Cole understandably will say that as he's only the actor and only knows SLs as he gets the script. And also, I wonder if they'll reveal that his real name is Forsythe (that's why he's the third cause his dad's the second Forsythe)?

Not the creepy part obviously as that was added for the 'drama' (and Cheryl for me was more likable than Veronica in the comics). But yeah, she's a bitch and really snobby. Veronica on the show said it so herself. She told Betty that back in NYC she was a lot like Cheryl, in fact she was worse. Veronica was actually a cheerleader. Granted she wasn't athletic or anything and all she did was paint her nails and look sexy for the football team.

Yes (for now). Even his sardonic humor, he does that a lot. He & Reggie fight a lot too because Reggie bullies him and he'll have none of it. So that necrophilia part cracked me up because that is so canon (the banter I mean). Even the way he looks and the way he was just outside by the bleachers being all emo, that is soooo Jughead. Though I am a little mad that he hasn't touched a single burger yet.

ETA: I probably won't nitpick on all the canon stuff the show ignored cause there are A LOT. I'd most likely nitpick on what they are showing as canon.
I wonder what seeing someone be Aromantic would be like. Asexual isn't touched upon much, but we have seen what it's like. Aromantic...is not something I've ever seen.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:43 PM
Moderator Manager

I would be really impressed with the CW if they did show that Jughead is ace. I need to watch more eps but I think (so far) the whole Betty/Veronica kiss was pointless and now some people are shipping them.

Yay Barb Shannon Purser aka Ethel Muggs in the house! I wonder what they changed for her?

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top