Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2021, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I thought this eppy was better than last week's.

I did like Malcolm/Dad scenes as I always do, and intriguing about the people seeing bad in Malcolm. Thought the actual case is better too..

I still don't get why no one is mention the case of Ainsley killing that guy and why Ainsley isn't talking about why she blanked out. Very weird that she is just dismissing all about that event..

Also all this JT stuff, all coming out of nowhere. I see why they are doing it, but it's been storytelling if we see if building up from last season, not coming out of nowhere really
Old 01-20-2021, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)

I still don't get why no one is mention the case of Ainsley killing that guy and why Ainsley isn't talking about why she blanked out. Very weird that she is just dismissing all about that event..

Also all this JT stuff, all coming out of nowhere. I see why they are doing it, but it's been storytelling if we see if building up from last season, not coming out of nowhere really
I agree about Ainsley. I am hoping that this is just a build up for a big breakdown later. That all this suppressing is going to backfire.

And I agree that that the JT story is weak. It also inaccurately portrays police officers. There is a brotherhood/sisterhood between cops. They are a family, and in NYC many officers are people of color. I live in NYC, I see many officers around so I know. SO the whole narrative that he's been experiencing racism in the police department all along is a false narrative and honestly, for me, infuriating.

When Malcom fell asleep at the station I thought he was confessing in his sleep and the whole department heard!
But that was darkly funny.
Old 01-20-2021, 08:25 PM
Moderator Manager

I thought we were watching a Supernatural episode. I'd rather they solve crimes of actual murder without any exorcism taking place. Also halfway through the ep I already guessed who killed that man and I don't usually have an idea who the killer is because I'm slow to these things.

I'm not sure where they're going with JT's SL. Also the editing of that ep felt weird to me. One minute we see Gil shouting at some cops on the phone (because of JT) and then the next scene he's at Jessica's professing his love for her.

As always I like the Malcolm & Martin dynamic. The ep was hinting at some similarities between the two. But really Martin is continuing to manipulate Malcolm which is what he does best.

Quote:
I feel like they're all purposely not telling her what happened (for her well being) but I have a feeling she will slowly remember everything soon.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-21-2021, 07:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

I still haven't see it, but why I have feeling that we might not like this season?? But oh boy..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 01-21-2021, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Put on 2x01 to rewatch before 2x02 and was right

Quote:
The Times is reporting that Nicholas Endicott's body has turned up in Belarus or some place like that. Malcolm?

Estonia. Lake Peipus.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:18 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ I think that I would do that before I watch second episode..

is that what you want?

Old 01-21-2021, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well watching/listening cause doing some cleaning than 2x02

What happened to JT still hurts it was so difficult but it was great seeing Gil back

Gil's either 3rd or 4th on my list where can't decide if Gil's 3rd or if Dani is

Also did Martin give something to Malcolm or was it just the grabbing of his hand as a sincere scene

I'll be putting 2x02 on soon

Last edited by crash landing; 01-21-2021 at 08:55 AM
Old 01-21-2021, 08:38 AM
Moderator Support Team

Plus I forget to mention about first episode, I wonder how long Gil haven't work since he had the accident from last season??

is that what you want?

Old 01-21-2021, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It seems that a few months cause Jessica said she was in quarantine with Ainsley for months where she learnt piano
- Glad to see Gil is back in charge

- Interesting one of the new "recurring" characters, be nice if we see more of him -- aka being a former patient along with Martin

- This is a total Supernatural feel interesting about "lead poisoning" and not a "true" reason killing

- They are moving away from Gil/Jessica knew it was gonna happen but I hope they do get together cause they are perfection

Also been meaning to go back to icon their kiss from S1 cause of how much I love them

- WTF on his nightmare Dani saying they were wearing body-gear cause of how he fell asleep

- how much Gil is like a father to all 3 of them, we knew he was like one for Malcolm/Dani but am liking that he's taking on that role now for J.T.

- Still on the shipping train when its to do with Malcolm/Dani I also LOVE when Malcolm has his "ah ha" moments

- Dani talking about the situation of cops targeting black people its true where its just sad that people are just realizing what has always happened

Going to be tired very fast of this racism storyline and its only been 2 episodes

I can't related to Gil/Jessica

- Ainsley staying at the house with Jessica
- Well this recurring will be around for a little bit cause it seems that Martin is going to escape cause Malcolm looks to be turning his back on him. Also figured from one of the trailers that it was going to happen when we see Jessica/Martin aka his saying he's home

Last edited by crash landing; 01-21-2021 at 09:32 AM
Old 01-21-2021, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I would rather see the JT storyline build up then just suddenly this stuff is happening...should have given him a better storyline me thinks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)

I'm not sure where they're going with JT's SL. Also the editing of that ep felt weird to me. One minute we see Gil shouting at some cops on the phone (because of JT) and then the next scene he's at Jessica's professing his love for her.

I feel like they're all purposely not telling her what happened (for her well being) but I have a feeling she will slowly remember everything soon.
the editing was weird..

I suspect that is what is going to happen, but I would rather have the premier being straight after the killing than all this drag out stuff..
Old 01-21-2021, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 01-21-2021, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

HAHA that's fun
Old 01-21-2021, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I thought we were watching a Supernatural episode. I'd rather they solve crimes of actual murder without any exorcism taking place. Also halfway through the ep I already guessed who killed that man and I don't usually have an idea who the killer is because I'm slow to these things.
Never saw Supernatural but I too guess the killer as soon as the killer was introduced on screen.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash landing (View Post)

- Dani talking about the situation of cops targeting black people its true where its just sad that people are just realizing what has always happened

Going to be tired very fast of this racism storyline and its only been 2 episodes

JT's story is weak. They better drop it fast or they will lose viewers. The country is already divided. This narrative is not doing anyone any favors.

How about instead of basing his storyline on his race it is based on his intelligence. How about have him solve some crimes without the help of Malcom.

One of the best things I loved about the show Elementary was that often Joan Watson (Lucy Lui) (who is Chinese American) would solve crimes on her own. So would Detective Marcus Bell (Jon Michael Hill) (who is black) would also solve crimes on his own with out Sherlock Holmes. And because of his skill and intelligence he rose in the ranks.
Old 01-21-2021, 10:30 PM
Moderator Manager

That Martin & Malcolm fanart is so cute!

Also that Gil gif!!!

Quote:
the editing was weird..

I suspect that is what is going to happen, but I would rather have the premier being straight after the killing than all this drag out stuff..
I was clearly not enjoying the ep if I was nitpicking the editing. And I agree. They should've been more clear about Ainsley and why everyone's acting like she just didn't kill someone. I'm hoping they're saving it for a future ep with some flashbacks but dragging it out for so long will get tiring.

I don't know why this tweet cracked me up.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-22-2021, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

and Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)

JT's story is weak. They better drop it fast or they will lose viewers. The country is already divided. This narrative is not doing anyone any favors.

How about instead of basing his storyline on his race it is based on his intelligence. How about have him solve some crimes without the help of Malcom.
Exactly
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top