Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2005, 01:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Nikki*~
Oh and apparently the second episode(tonight's) was the one that sold FOX on the show so I guess it might be good.
Nikki, that's good to hear.

Yes, it wasn't very subtle, but like others have said, they know that Fox likes to cut shows very early on. I think they're just trying to get the main points out of the way so they can move on to the good stuff. The writers know they don't have much time to build the characters slowly. I definitely think the show deserves another few weeks to see what it's really made of. I, too, have faith that it will only get better.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought it was okay, for a pilot. Kept me interested. Will watch tonight and see what happens.

The main sister reminded me of Anne Hathaway (Princess Diaries). Weird.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 01-20-2005, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

I hated it after 3 seconds... Couldn't even finish watching it.

Everyone looks fake, it feels fake and the dialogue sounded like a copy/paste of every other show FOX has or had.

I don't know if I'll watch the second episode.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Umm, yeah. That was horrendous. Bad dialogue, bad acting. I won't be watching again.

icon credit
Old 01-20-2005, 02:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

I taped it while I was watching Alias last night but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet. The mixed response in this thread is making me very curious.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:08 PM
Absolute Fan

C'mon guys, it was just the pilot. You can't really judge the show until you have seen atleast a couple of episodes.

I liked the episode. I'm actually still watching Buffy. I never watched during the show's run, but I have bought most of the DVDs.

I'll post my most updated thoughts after tonights episode.

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

i liked the pilot. why is everybody hating it?
Old 01-20-2005, 03:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

Of course, everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

My reasons for hating the pilot are because of the casting, the acting, the dialogue and the general lack of subtlety and cleverness. The dialogue and acting, in particular, bothered me the most. Lines like "do you believe that things happen for a reason?" made me want to hurl. And the actors, particularly the "teens" on the show, were wooden and couldn't bring depth to their characters.

It might just be the pilot, but I've seen good pilot episodes and this wasn't one of them, to me. Pilot episodes don't have to be sub-standard and in fact can be done very well, so I don't see this as an excuse for the show.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:05 PM
Loyal Fan

i thought the pilot was good. Something different for Fox, let's hope that they don't cancel the show before it plays out.

The actor that plays "Jesse" is hot. And the actress that plays "Christine" is very adoberale.

RIP JoJo. Love you. Best friend that anybody can have.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:09 PM
Ultimate Fan

oh yeah i know everybody has the right to have an opinion. sorry that i said that.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallfromgrace
Of course, everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

My reasons for hating the pilot are because of the casting, the acting, the dialogue and the general lack of subtlety and cleverness. The dialogue and acting, in particular, bothered me the most. Lines like "do you believe that things happen for a reason?" made me want to hurl. And the actors, particularly the "teens" on the show, were wooden and couldn't bring depth to their characters..
Beautiful! You said all I was thinking while watching... The word "originality" never crossed my mind, not once. They threw at us all possible cliches.

But then again one of the opening shots was of a girl in a bikini so right there I knew I need no look any further -- this show is a copycat.

The OC with the Antichrist.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Well, I missed the pilot, but tonight's episode is pretty compelling. It's hooking me in. Maybe it was meant to be a two-hour pilot.

The main character, Christine, is not the best actor - a little too blond and vapid. But the mom and the other characters are sort of interesting.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:48 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm watching the 2nd episode now, and it is still SO BAD and SO BORING. It's not keeping my interest very well, and there's too much teen soapy drama. And there's too little Dina Meyer.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:04 PM
Total Fan

I actually am liking the show. Nothing like Lost or 24, but its pretty good.

And Jesse is very hot. Which is always nice.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well count me addicted! I liked the show!! I love things like that with evil and prophecies and all that stuff. One of my fav movies ever is stigmata!! So i will def keep watching!!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top