Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2016, 08:01 PM
Moderator Support Team

yeah i thought it started out a little slow but then it got really good. and great twist at the end.

this is us and this show are my two favs so far as far as new shows go.
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with you! It is interesting because the twist reminds me a little of the twist in This Is Us.

It did start out a little slow, but I am rooting for Ginny as a character. I want to see more; so, that's a success in my books.

Big lights will inspire you
lizzybug57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 04:49 PM
Moderator Support Team

yeah it did remind me of that twist a little too.
both are great shows though.

i love ginny. and i love that this is based on a true story.
hope the ratings do better cuz i want this show to stick around.

THE ELLEN DEGENERES SHOW, syndicated
We 9/28: Kylie Bunbury, Luke Bryan

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 09-25-2016 at 05:40 PM
Old 09-26-2016, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope so too!

Also-Mark Paul Gosselar was looking very different in the show. Anyone else think that as well?

Old 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Moderator Support Team

its the beard. plus he has gained some weight for the role.
took me a bit to adjust to his new look
Old 09-26-2016, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, to all of the above. He still looks great-just different.

Old 10-06-2016, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Add me. love Ginny and Mike. love Mark Paul.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

I like the show.

I like Ginny and everyone else. But i so hope we not gonna get Ginny and Mike together

HazelEyes008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 06:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

loving learning more on her backstory
such a great show
Old 10-08-2016, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really like it too. I think it's a little slower but well done.

Old 10-15-2016, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I watched the pilot today.

I thought it was a cool intro, it started in an interesting way.

I really liked the flashbacks too, Ginny and her father were so cute at first. But then when he slapped Willie that was like WTF! (what was that about??) I had a feeling he might be dead though, so I wasn’t that shocked to see that twist at the end. It was sad that she was imagining him while she was throwing those balls but she was really alone that whole time.

Ginny is a bit harsh for my taste but I do also kind of like her confidence. And I feel like she needs to be harsh because of how people treat her for being a female. It’s kind of sad in a way, it shows you how sexist people in this world are.

After the first like 8 minutes it got a bit slow but it picked up again for me once Mike came in. I love Mark Paul and I liked the little banter between them and his sarcasm is just great. But he is pretty old, I mean, he’s 42 in real life, how old is she supposed to be like 26 or 27? I guess if he is supposed to be more like 35 then its not that big of a gap. When he said she was a gimmick that was sad but it’s obvious she’s gonna prove them all wrong eventually.

It was hard watching her pitch so badly at the start.

I also love Tommy, even though hes the biggest dick on the planet, and Sanders is really adorable, his friendship with Ginny is so cute.

Some of the acting seemed a little unpolished and some of the filming/lines were kind of this forced drama, but I think it’ll get better as it goes along.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:17 PM
Elite Fan

Ginny plays 23 in the show and Mike is 36.

Quote:
It was hard watching her pitch so badly at the start.
It was so hard to watch her fail at pitching.

Leelith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay good, then thats not too big of a gap.

I watched 102.

I liked it even better than 101. Mike is so freaking cute, I love that he's always helping Ginny. When he turned off the tv that was really cute.

I didn't love that he wanted to get his wife back but I felt bad for him when she said she was engaged.

I also like the coach.

I wonder where Will is these days and what his relationship was with his father.

Ginny on Kimmel was a bit weird. But I liked the parallel with Mike and Mike's speech to the guys.

WTF was with that ending scene, I truly didnt get it. He didnt know Amelia already did he? Why did he sit so close to her? .

103:

UGh Mike, why sleep with Ginny's agent, I mean really?!

In general the episode didnt interest as me as much but it was cool to see Ginny and her ex and that whole story and then the reveal of him on the field.

Im not sure why she cares so much if people know she dated a ball player though?

104:

All caught up, yay!

The flashbacks in this one were sad, I understand her dad wanted to push her but he was a bit too harsh. I don't really blame the mom for cheating, especially if he was abusive at all like what was implied. I think Ginny is way too harsh to her. I felt bad for her. With that said I like that the show has these little twists each episode. We find out exactly why she was mad at her mom and why she pulled away.

I don't mind Mike and Amelia, I think they are kind of funny together but it just feels weird with them lying to Ginny about it.

The ending Ginny/Mike scene was really sweet. These two are just really great together and I too like the slow burn. The friendship is adorable and I love how he defends her all the time.

Last edited by Alexa; 10-16-2016 at 02:54 AM
Old 10-16-2016, 05:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I liked it even better than 101. Mike is so freaking cute, I love that he's always helping Ginny. When he turned off the tv that was really cute.
When he payed to keep the TV off. Loved it so much.

Quote:
I didn't love that he wanted to get his wife back but I felt bad for him when she said she was engaged.
Same, I didn't really like her. But anything that hurts Mike, hurts me.

Quote:
WTF was with that ending scene, I truly didnt get it. He didnt know Amelia already did he? Why did he sit so close to her? .
Exactly! I don't know where it came from! WTF!?! Not a fan, not a fan.

Quote:
Im not sure why she cares so much if people know she dated a ball player though?
I think the biggest part is because she is a women, her being in the leagues is over sexualized. So if people find out that she is sleeping around, the taunting would get world, and lead to bad things.

Quote:
The flashbacks in this one were sad, I understand her dad wanted to push her but he was a bit too harsh. I don't really blame the mom for cheating, especially if he was abusive at all like what was implied. I think Ginny is way too harsh to her. I felt bad for her. With that said I like that the show has these little twists each episode. We find out exactly why she was mad at her mom and why she pulled away.
They were really sad. Granted Bill was really harsh (A+ for Michael's Acting though) I think he always had her well being at heart. And he saw what she could be, and he knew it wouldn't be easy.

Quote:
The ending Ginny/Mike scene was really sweet. These two are just really great together and I too like the slow burn. The friendship is adorable and I love how he defends her all the time.
They are so adorable!!! The call killed the bawson fandom. They banter was real! And Mikes sense of humor gets me every time.

Leelith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah that phonecall was a really shippy moment for sure, but honestly, I got ship vibes from them immediately. It was obvious she was crushing on him and then their banter in episode 1 and the butt slapping and him saying he treats everyone the same... that what a great moment.

How do you think Ginny is gonna react to the Mike/Amelia? I imagine she wont be happy but do you think she'll play it off and try to pretend like shes fine with it?
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top