Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2019, 04:45 PM
Moderator Support Team

I haven't watched Suits since I think 3/4ish and some of 6 and I followed the premiere fine. Some did say it'd make much more sense if you watch the finale of Suits S7, but personally other than I question or two, the premiere was a stand alone for me.
didn’t wanna come to your party anyway
in love with you dummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:34 PM
Elite Fan

I'm behind on a bunch of shows but I decided to check this out for Joy and I liked it a lot. I've never watched Suits and I didn't find it too hard to follow although I do think there was a lot to digest for a first episode.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:35 PM
Moderator Manager

Wow so Jessica will be working for the Mayor. The Mayor is shady plus what is this stuff he's making his step brother do? Btw, the casting is on point, those 2 actors look like each other it's crazy!

I like Keri already, she's amazing. But whatever she has with this mayor has got to stop. Did I hear it right? The mayor is married?

Derrick seems nice but I need another ep to fully get on board with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennie1984 (View Post)
I might check this out, but any key things i need to know esp for someone who does hasnt watched Suits?
Nothing much really other than she was a lawyer in NY (one of the best) and she just wants a new start in Chicago with her bf, Jeff (who was also on Suits). That's it. There's no mention of the other characters on Suits (so far) so as not to confuse people who don't watch that show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in love with you dummy (View Post)
I haven't watched Suits since I think 3/4ish and some of 6 and I followed the premiere fine. Some did say it'd make much more sense if you watch the finale of Suits S7, but personally other than I question or two, the premiere was a stand alone for me.
The Jeff stuff probably (and some of Jessica's history as a lawyer in New York). But mostly I agree that it was stand alone ep and no need to watch Suits to understand this show.

"No, actually, I... I don't know.
Homelander's so-- he's like Jesus or something."
Starlight | The Boys
L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 08:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)

Nothing much really other than she was a lawyer in NY (one of the best) and she just wants a new start in Chicago with her bf, Jeff (who was also on Suits). That's it. There's no mention of the other characters on Suits (so far) so as not to confuse people who don't watch that show.

The Jeff stuff probably (and some of Jessica's history as a lawyer in New York). But mostly I agree that it was stand alone ep and no need to watch Suits to understand this show.

Thanks for the info
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones
Jennifer Morrison | Colin O'Donoghue
Lennie1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

This show looks boring to me, ngl, (no offense to anyone) but I LOVE LOVE LOVE JOY so i have to watch it for her. She is just such a good actress.

I found the pilot strange. It started off right away, I felt like I had missed something and I've watched all of suits lol. I feel like they could have taken way more time building her first day and coming to the firm, similar to what they did with suits. There were just a lot of characters in the first episode too, like every scene there was someone new lol... but whatever.

I do like the casting and Joy was awesome, I love her character already. The rest sort of bored me. I dont know if I will stick with it or not, but Ill give it a chance to see where it goes.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 02:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

Keri really does NEED to tell Bobby to F off.
Spoiler:
Girl, no! I really hope she isn't stuck on him all season and beyond. Please no. I beg of the show not to go there.
Old 07-19-2019, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

It seems Keri knows she doesnt want to be "that girl" so I hope she breaks it off too.

I'm def. more interested in her friendship with Jessica and them being BA bosses.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

I'm glad for once that Bethany finally take the bad girl role since she always taking good girl role since day one since she's so talent.. So I can't wait to see whatever they have for her..

Plus I really like Jessica since she really get everyone edgy plus it seems that everyone will have dirty secret, so I wonder how long??

It seem that their long term affair isn't that serious, so it made me wondering that are they using each other??

Plus I wonder who sent the file to Jessica??

Steph/credit: 80s90sIsTheBest
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
It seems Keri knows she doesnt want to be "that girl" so I hope she breaks it off too.

I'm def. more interested in her friendship with Jessica and them being BA bosses.
I like to think it's just because she was drunk and not thinking correctly in the moment. But the promo for the season showed it possibly happening again. So I don't know.

Yes! I want them to become friends so bad. Gina liked a lot of my Gina/Keri friendship tweets so maybe we have hope.
Old 07-19-2019, 05:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ From the interview, it seems that it's possible that they will form friendship.. But we have to see it develop since I don't want to see it as fast friends..

Old 07-19-2019, 07:03 PM
Moderator Support Team

I don't see fast friends happening. Maybe friends in the last few episodes of the season, but not early on.
Old 07-20-2019, 12:38 AM
Moderator Manager

I do hope Keri and the Mayor don't become a thing because I'm so tired of this trope. I *hate* cheaters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I found the pilot strange. It started off right away, I felt like I had missed something and I've watched all of suits lol. I feel like they could have taken way more time building her first day and coming to the firm, similar to what they did with suits. There were just a lot of characters in the first episode too, like every scene there was someone new lol... but whatever.
What we're basically seeing is a flashback, at least most of the ep? To that moment where Jessica was supposedly waiting for someone to appear (when she was with Keri on the phone)? So we are playing catch up basically. And I think Jessica just wanted a fresh start so she wants to work for someone and not necessarily start her own law firm.

Starlight | The Boys
Old 07-20-2019, 08:24 AM
Moderator Support Team

Even tho only thing that they need to get rid of love triangle, but they ain't get any kind of trope at all..

Old 07-20-2019, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Same, hopefully they don't get dragged out for too long
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:41 AM
Moderator Manager

A love triangle between Keri, the Mayor and his wife? I wouldn't call that a love triangle.

Wow, that clapper says October 2018 and they still don't have a name for the show back then.

Starlight | The Boys
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top