Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2020, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nathan was becoming Dan in the first season. We saw that in the way he treated Peyton. It was getting to know Haley that showed him there was another way to be.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-28-2020, 01:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It sure was

Even the flashback of the BN sex tape gives you an insight to what NP was like before Lucas came into the picture and it wasn't pretty.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

a very brief, over dramatized scene.

Im not saying he was a good guy, i just dont think he was abusive and i dont think that he was turning into Dan lol.

And i dont think that its ONLY Haley that changed him.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Still fits their relationship as a whole though

She was easily the biggest reason he changed

Is there any storylines you wanted to see with the core characters that we didn't get?

Last edited by stlavin95; 04-29-2020 at 04:07 AM
Old 04-29-2020, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah NP are better as friends than a couple.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe their romantic relationship from what we saw, they made many references to the good times they had. (which makes sense because they had to be decent at some point for peyton to stay with him) but certainly doesnt embody the sweet friendship they had over the seasons.
Old 05-02-2020, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Is there any storylines you wanted to see with the core characters that we didn't get?
Old 05-05-2020, 03:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree Alexa.

It would have been nice to see Teen Jaime's face in the series finale.
Old 05-05-2020, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes it would have
Old 05-05-2020, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Brooke and Nathan should have had way more scene.
Old 05-05-2020, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

i was fine not seeing his face, because then we can imagine what we want.

Quote:

Haley: I would have liked to see more of her extended family. Her other sister and brothers. It was weird to me they were not around after he mom died or there during all of that at all. I would also have liked to see her dating someone else other than Nathan.

Brooke: In the early years we should have seen her parents but at least they brought them in later on. I would have liked to see her getting her company back, but I cant remember, maybe she did? lol.

Nathan: I would have liked to see Nathan single for a bit or dating someone different than Haley. Honestly I'm not sure what else I would have wanted for Nathan, we got a lot of his family life.

Lucas: I wanted to see him get some sort of closure with Dan, I hate that it was left unresolved. I also felt like we needed him in the finale instead of a random episode in season 9. And I also wanted at least a phonecall with him in the series finale even if Chad wasnt there or some mention. An explanation in season 7 as to where he went too. They could have added that into a letter easily!

Peyton: I thought we could have gotten flashbacks with Peytons adoptive mother since we never learned much about her at all. Same with old BP flashbacks. They could have done that in the finale in some way too, lots of different options. Same thing about her being mentioned or shown in flashbacks in the finale better.

I also would have liked to see more core 5 moments in general with them all spending time together. We got a few moments here and there but not as much as I wanted. More NP and NB would have been great.
Old 05-05-2020, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)

Haley: I would have liked to see more of her extended family. Her other sister and brothers. It was weird to me they were not around after he mom died or there during all of that at all. I would also have liked to see her dating someone else other than Nathan.
yeah, that was one thing I was really disappointed with. They had the most perfect opportunity to have Haley's other brothers and sisters show up when her mom was dying and at her funeral, but they didn't take it.

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
Old 05-05-2020, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It made no sense not to see them.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-06-2020, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Haley: I would have liked to see more of her extended family. Her other sister and brothers. It was weird to me they were not around after her mom died or there during all of that at all. I would also have liked to see her dating someone else other than Nathan.
Same here, didn't see the point of giving her a big family if the writers weren't going to do anything with it. Who would you have liked to have seen her date?

I would have liked for the writers to slowly develop her music career more and not made her a cheerleader in S3.

Quote:
Brooke: In the early years we should have seen her parents but at least they brought them in later on. I would have liked to see her getting her company back, but I cant remember, maybe she did? lol.
Would have liked to have seen her mum more in the HS seasons, but I could take or leave her dad lol. She lost it for good in S8

For me, I would have liked for the writers to have slowly developed her interest in fashion more in the first 2 seasons and give her another long term love interest in S2 instead of Lucas (or give her a bi storyline). Also would have much preferred that Brulian's big storyline in S7 would have been about Brooke's inability to have kids instead of the stupid Alex triangle stuff.

Quote:
Nathan: I would have liked to see Nathan single for a bit or dating someone different than Haley. Honestly I'm not sure what else I would have wanted for Nathan, we got a lot of his family life.
Same here and sometimes I would have been tempted to make the NPL triangle last a bit longer than it did and slowly building up Naley along the way in S1.

Would have developed his character at a much slower rate than the show and I also would have given him more interests outside of basketball and Haley. I also think they needed to better develop his relationships with Keith, Tim, Peyton and Brooke more as well.

Quote:
Lucas: I wanted to see him get some sort of closure with Dan, I hate that it was left unresolved. I also felt like we needed him in the finale instead of a random episode in season 9. And I also wanted at least a phonecall with him in the series finale even if Chad wasnt there or some mention. An explanation in season 7 as to where he went too. They could have added that into a letter easily!
That would have been nice to see, always annoyed me that Lucas never got that closure with Dan since he really needed it imo.

For obvious reasons lol, I wish the writers did an much better job with his love life outside of Peyton since for me his relationships with Brooke and Lindsay were poorly handled for different reasons. Would have also liked to have seen the writers develop his interest in a writing career more and done a lot more with his coaching in seasons 5 and 6.

Quote:
Peyton: I thought we could have gotten flashbacks with Peytons adoptive mother since we never learned much about her at all. Same with old BP flashbacks. They could have done that in the finale in some way too, lots of different options. Same thing about her being mentioned or shown in flashbacks in the finale better.
That certainly would have been nice with Anna, but I could have gone either way with the BP flashbacks. Wanted to see more flashbacks of her in LA concerning her career and all.

Wish the writers did a lot more with her THUD storyline after S1 and also slowed down the TRIC stuff down a bit as well, since that was all a bit too rushed for me. Also, would have preferred for the writers to have paired her up with someone else in S2 instead of Jake and I wouldn't have minded getting more insight into her relationship with Julian than we did. Keeping Ellie alive would have been great too imo, since I really enjoyed their relationship and her character as a whole.

Quote:
I also would have liked to see more core 5 moments in general with them all spending time together. We got a few moments here and there but not as much as I wanted. More NP and NB would have been great.
Definitely needed way more core 5 scenes, that's for sure.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
It made no sense not to see them.
yeah. it really didn't. Like I understand if they weren't there when she initially came to tell them she was sick, and maybe not in the hospital, but why not at the funeral. They had the perfect opportunity for them to show up. Even if it was one tiny scene of them hugging each other or something. But instead they made it seem like it was just Haley, Taylor, and Quinn.

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top