Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2018, 12:31 AM
  #1
Fan Forum Star

 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 131,015
One Tree Hill #2 - This is the place where everything's better and everything's safe.

bringing this over:


You think thats weird? this is Chuck now.



https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4cICexUcAEasCa.jpg

Quote:
There was some signs that Peyton still cared about Lucas but some of those lines you listen are pretty objectively imo and don't really match up to what the show was trying to sell at the time. It may have made sense for Lucas to the reason for her depression, but the show was massively downplay LP's connection at that point so I doubt it. She maybe not having being acting like Jake was the guy for her or anything, but instead she was acting like her life wouldn't be complete with him & Jenny and that's just as bad imo.
I never said the show was implying anything, that was just what I took from it. To me, it was easier to BELIEVE that Peyton still had feelings. Lucas had maybe a few little moments but maybe it was the way Chad was playing it, idk.

And she never said her life wouldnt be complete without Jake lol. She was sad when he left which is understandable because "people always leave" and all, but nah, she wasn't spewing ridiculous words to him like Lucas was to Brooke.

I loved Andy too.

We need a new thread!
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:43 AM
  #2
Fan Forum Star

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 148,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I never said the show was implying anything, that was just what I took from it. To me, it was easier to BELIEVE that Peyton still had feelings. Lucas had maybe a few little moments but maybe it was the way Chad was playing it, idk.

And she never said her life wouldnt be complete without Jake lol. She was sad when he left which is understandable because "people always leave" and all, but nah, she wasn't spewing ridiculous words to him like Lucas was to Brooke.
I think they made that clear when Peyton was suddenly all better after Jake came back. I personally never saw Peyton having feelings for Luke in S2 and I saw more the other way around that season

Never said she said that, but she basically acted like it and that's just as bad as what Lucas was saying imo.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:24 AM
  #3
Fan Forum Star

 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 131,015
of course she was better. She was feeling alone and Jake always really cared about her. So to have him back in her house, paying attention to her and comforting her.. its understandable she would be better after that. ?

We'll just have to agree to disagree because I always felt Hilarie made Peyton's feelings obvious where as Chad, did not.

And I don't agree her "actions" were as bad as the words Lucas was spewing. lol. Because she never claimed Jake was the one.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:33 AM
  #4
Fan Forum Star

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 148,634
It's understandable feeling better, but it was like all of her problems in the first 10 episode were linked to Jake leaving and we both that's not true at all and that's where I have issues with storyline. Her friendship didn't develop enough

I don't really think Hilarie was trying to make out that Peyton still had romantic feelings for Lucas, at least in S2 and it's the only season where she didn't feel anything for Luke.

Yep, especially since I see basically acting your life revolves around an two months (if that) relationships as pretty pathetic and just as saying one person is the one for you.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:50 AM
  #5
Supreme Fan

 
Alwayshappy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,212
Stlavin, you sent me this pm and I thought it would be nice to answer here to keep this topic even more alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95
What characters and couples did you like on the show? Not sure whether I have asked you this question before?
I liked most of the cast actually. In the end I prefered the female characters I guess. They were all very strong, likeable and every one of them brought something unique to the table. Brooke and Haley are probably my favorites, aswell as their friendship. I know people often prefer Brooke and Peyton, but I'm not one of them. Don't get me wrong, they have a great friendship and there's so much history involved (even before the pilot), but sometimes it felt like all they did was fight (which changed again with S5, which I liked), especially over Lucas. Haley and Brooke...their friendship grew a lot over the years. I think all three girls will be best friends forever, but if I had to choose just one, yeah it would be Haley/Brooke.

As for couples...I often prefered the friendships if that makes sense? That said, I liked Lucas with both Peyton and Brooke. Both relationships had their ups and downs. In the end it was always clear Lucas would end up with Peyton though and I was okay with that. In the later seasons I was a fan of Quinn and Clay, really liked their characters and chemistry. Really happy they are still great friends in real life.

Characters I've also liked throughout the run: Karen, Mia, Mouth (most normal guy in Tree Hill imo ), Anna (I liked that they at least tried to show a gay relationship, but in the end that failed hard I suppose), and a few more. Didn't care much for Nathan, though I liked his growth and I liked that he made Haley so happy (most of the times). It was the most stable relationship on the show though and I liked that. When he went missing in S9 I really, really felt for Haley. Bethany Joy Lenz is an amazing actress.
__________________
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | The Good Wife | Charmed | Veronica Mars | Damages | Brothers & Sisters | The Newsroom | One Tree Hill | Game of Thrones | Bones | The Closer | How to get away with Murder | Fringe | The OC | Desperate Housewives | Homeland | Pretty Little Liars | & more |
Xbox One Tag: Alwayshappyz | Wii U tag: Alwayshappyz
Alwayshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 06:44 AM
  #6
Fan Forum Hero

 
pandiexjeyton's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 63,319
I loved julian season 6 and clay season 7, but then they changed.
__________________
Sean♥Emma Craig♥Manny Sean♥Ellie Spinner♥Paige Spinner♥Darcy Campbell♥Maya Zig♥Maya Zig♥Tori Jake♥Katie Drew♥Bianca/Clare/Katie
Dont say I never gave you anything Nathan and Haley
pandiexjeyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 03:38 PM
  #7
Fan Forum Star

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 148,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Stlavin, you sent me this pm and I thought it would be nice to answer here to keep this topic even more alive

I liked most of the cast actually. In the end I prefered the female characters I guess. They were all very strong, likeable and every one of them brought something unique to the table. Brooke and Haley are probably my favorites, aswell as their friendship. I know people often prefer Brooke and Peyton, but I'm not one of them. Don't get me wrong, they have a great friendship and there's so much history involved (even before the pilot), but sometimes it felt like all they did was fight (which changed again with S5, which I liked), especially over Lucas. Haley and Brooke...their friendship grew a lot over the years. I think all three girls will be best friends forever, but if I had to choose just one, yeah it would be Haley/Brooke.

As for couples...I often prefered the friendships if that makes sense? That said, I liked Lucas with both Peyton and Brooke. Both relationships had their ups and downs. In the end it was always clear Lucas would end up with Peyton though and I was okay with that. In the later seasons I was a fan of Quinn and Clay, really liked their characters and chemistry. Really happy they are still great friends in real life.

Characters I've also liked throughout the run: Karen, Mia, Mouth (most normal guy in Tree Hill imo ), Anna (I liked that they at least tried to show a gay relationship, but in the end that failed hard I suppose), and a few more. Didn't care much for Nathan, though I liked his growth and I liked that he made Haley so happy (most of the times). It was the most stable relationship on the show though and I liked that. When he went missing in S9 I really, really felt for Haley. Bethany Joy Lenz is an amazing actress.
Fair enough

Alright, I actually think despite what we know now about what was going on off screen that the girls actually got better storylines than the guys did, I think Breyton's friendship would have been a lot better if it wasn't for the love triangle happening or dragging out for as long as it did.

I only really liked Lucas with Peyton and I always thought the show as an whole would have been better off if Brucas ended after S1 when they were supposed to and not long go back there just because Chad and Sophia were together at that point.

I actually wasn't an big fan of Mouth, especially after season 3 Karen was great though and I wished she appeared more after S4. Anna could have been an great character imo and she deserved better than what she got from the writers imo. Nathan was an good guy, but he was pretty boring as an character after S3.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:26 PM
  #8
Fan Forum Star

 
quin0611's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Music
Jared Padalecki
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 136,456
Nice pic.
__________________
quin0611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:27 PM
  #9
Fan Forum Star

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 148,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by quin0611 (View Post)
Nice pic.
Didn't realise you watched One Tree Hill haha.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 12:04 AM
  #10
Fan Forum Star

 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 131,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
It's understandable feeling better, but it was like all of her problems in the first 10 episode were linked to Jake leaving and we both that's not true at all and that's where I have issues with storyline. Her friendship didn't develop enough

I don't really think Hilarie was trying to make out that Peyton still had romantic feelings for Lucas, at least in S2 and it's the only season where she didn't feel anything for Luke.

Yep, especially since I see basically acting your life revolves around an two months (if that) relationships as pretty pathetic and just as saying one person is the one for you.
When did she say they were linked to jake? I know in 210 Lucas assumed that but when else was that implied?

And again never said p had feelings for Lucas in season 2 although imo they never went away. But how hip acted with the letter and whenever she saw Lucas I felt more from her. That’s all I’m saying. But again MY opinion so you don’t have to agree lol.

I didn’t really like BH . Hated them in season 1, 3 and 4 tbh. They were fine after that but it just felt like they became instant best friends. It was weird for me. I much preferred them in the later seasons after p was gone because it felt more realistic that way.

I loved BP to death but hated them in season 4 because of Brooke. Parts of 3 as well. But 2 and 5 were amazing! PH was probably my opt friendship though! . Pissed they got neglected after s1 because they were so adorable at first. At least it came back around in season 6!
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 12:49 AM
  #11
Fan Forum Star

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 148,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
When did she say they were linked to jake? I know in 210 Lucas assumed that but when else was that implied?

And again never said p had feelings for Lucas in season 2 although imo they never went away. But how hip acted with the letter and whenever she saw Lucas I felt more from her. That’s all I’m saying. But again MY opinion so you don’t have to agree lol.

I didn’t really like BH . Hated them in season 1, 3 and 4 tbh. They were fine after that but it just felt like they became instant best friends. It was weird for me. I much preferred them in the later seasons after p was gone because it felt more realistic that way.

I loved BP to death but hated them in season 4 because of Brooke. Parts of 3 as well. But 2 and 5 were amazing! PH was probably my opt friendship though! . Pissed they got neglected after s1 because they were so adorable at first. At least it came back around in season 6!
Peyton never said it, but I think that it was pretty obvious what the writers were pushing with that relationship in S2.

Agree to disagree lol.

Why don't you like S3 BH? I can understand S1 and 4, but not that season.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:01 AM
  #12
Fan Forum Hero

 
pandiexjeyton's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 63,319
I'm rewatching season 3.
__________________
Sean♥Emma Craig♥Manny Sean♥Ellie Spinner♥Paige Spinner♥Darcy Campbell♥Maya Zig♥Maya Zig♥Tori Jake♥Katie Drew♥Bianca/Clare/Katie
Dont say I never gave you anything Nathan and Haley
pandiexjeyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:24 PM
  #13
Fan Forum Star

 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 131,015
Quote:
Why don't you like S3 BH? I can understand S1 and 4, but not that season.
Like I said, they came out of nowhere and became instant best friends which annoyed me. I wish their progression had been slower.

Brooke just took the apartment and didnt even have that much sympathy for Haley when she came back. She was a selfish roommate too by giving Haley a tiny corner to sleep in. And wow I hated them when Haley asked Brooke NICELY to fix her dress and Brooke flipped out on her and was so rude for no reason. IDK, I just dont think Brooke was that good of a friend to her but again, jmo.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 02:17 AM
  #14
Fan Forum Star

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 148,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Like I said, they came out of nowhere and became instant best friends which annoyed me. I wish their progression had been slower.

Brooke just took the apartment and didnt even have that much sympathy for Haley when she came back. She was a selfish roommate too by giving Haley a tiny corner to sleep in. And wow I hated them when Haley asked Brooke NICELY to fix her dress and Brooke flipped out on her and was so rude for no reason. IDK, I just dont think Brooke was that good of a friend to her but again, jmo.
It did take an few episodes for them to be best friends (plus PH's friendship wasn't great at that), plus they did start being friends in S2 imo.

Well, Nathan did give up the apartment at the end of S2 and no one showed a lot of sympathy for Haley lol.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 05:16 PM
  #15
Fan Forum Star

 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 131,015
They were sort of friends through association though in season 2. And that also sort came from nowhere considering they could barely tolerate each other in season 1.

It wasn't that no one showed her sympathy, many people just avoided her, but in regards to BROOKE (Which is what we are talking about... not everyone else) she was just rude to her in that scene. "I got this place... for ME." and with that little side glance, IDK, it was weird and rude.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Agents of GUARD, FYeah Harvey and Scottie
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:19 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.