Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2016, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

no worries, ill just keep watching at my slow pace
Old 06-10-2016, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

season 1 was the best season. I really hated when Jake left. by fr my favorite guest star. I love Chris Keller as well, Season 6 Julian season 7 Clay, and Peyton ofc. I also love Brooke. I shipped NH the entire show, even though season 5 was rocky along with season 2, I didn't like what Haley did to Nathan. I also liked Nathan/Peyton, Julian/Peyton, Clay/Sara.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

i really enjoyed 705! wow, loving the season this time around. i think the show actually has a focus with its characters. season 6 just felt so .... filler-y.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Season 7 was pretty good.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved Clay and Clay and Sara season 7. That was it.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

i actually didnt like them. 706 was okay but kind of boring. clay seeing sarah was just weird.

i love the alex/julian stuff though, I'm really liking this season in my rewatch.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

As for Clay, I loved the Logan storyline.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Everytime I rewatch, I change my mind I have rewatched seasons 1 and 2 a lot. I love Chris Keller. I don't like what he did to NH in the beginning, but he became my favorite character. I also love JP and Jake and BL. Peyton is by far my favorite along with Jake, Season 7 Clay, Season 6 Julian (ugh I don't like how they changed him) Chris as well. I also liked lindsey Mckeon as Taylor. Glad she came back.
Old 07-17-2016, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes Brucas forever!
Old 07-17-2016, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
I loved Clay and Clay and Sara season 7. That was it.
I did love their buildup. They were so right for each other.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 07-19-2016, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I rewatched Seasons 1-3 again. I love NH BL and JP. I also love Peyton a lot as a character. She is my all time favorite on the show.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

Much though I dislike this show on the whole, I think the initial (clichéd, but not too bad) premise had potential. If only Mark wasn’t obsessed with jocks, cheerleaders, fancy careers, marriages, nuclear families, soapy plots, and cheesy lines (I cringe 80% of the time the characters open their mouths in any season; it’s especially bad when they are talking about romance, e.g. “people who are meant to be together always find their way”, “forever and always”, “true love always,” “I would have held you in my arms forever and it still wouldn’t have been long enough” [the delivery of the last one was even worse than the line itself]).

On the plus side, I did feel strong and genuine love for basketball, literature and music in this show and I respect that to an extent at least.

Speaking of music, my opinion about the soundtrack has improved during my latest rewatch. When I first saw the show, I was in my extreme metal phase, so I couldn’t appreciate the softer, more mainstream-friendly sound of oth. But now my taste is broader and I do like some oth songs. Still, I wish they had the guts to play darker and/or heavier stuff too (like Skins did). Then again, maybe that's just not what Mark&co were into. Nothing wrong with that.

Leyton are pretty much my favorite tv couple ever (I think only Lost’s Kate/Sawyer surpassed them for me for a brief while). They had great chemistry and lots of potential. I don’t like how they were written at times, but oh well. It’s Mark’s world, not mine.

Peyton is one of my all time favorite tv characters. Would have changed some of her development personally (no playing house with Jake, no BP bff-ness for life, no sappy declarations of wuv to anyone, no marriage, no children, no mainstream successful music labels), but I overall loved her throughout the show.

Peyton/Haley friendship is also very dear to me. Wish it was consistently big and important like it was in s1. They did have some nice moments in s5 and 6 though. Even s3 and 4.

I like Haley in general. Would never have made her a cheerleader or teen married her (same for her teen pregnancy).

Love Anna. And the intention behind her character was good imo. The execution not so much. The only bi woman of color on the show ended up as a prop for the straight white characters most of the time and was eventually written out.

Peyton/Anna should have been a couple for awhile at least. Or at least their friendship scenes shouldn’t have stopped once Jake was back in the picture.

Love Chris too. More Chris and Chris/everyone (especially Peyton, Haley and Nathan) would have been good.

Love Julian (what I saw of him in s6 at least). Would love to have seen more Peyton/Julian (romantically and as friends) and Lucas/Julian (they were an entertaining duo).

Love Skills. Wish he had more significant stories. And more scenes with Peyton and Haley.

Karen/Deb is my second favorite friendship on the show. I really missed them in s5 and 6.

Favorite season is 1, least favorite 2 (s2 is the first I ever saw and maybe that initial bad impression contributed to my overall dislike of the show; but then again, I have plenty of issues with all other seasons too, so I probably would have ended up disliking the show regardless of where I started). I'm most excited by the show in early s1 and early s5 because I feel most potential there. Before Mark takes the story in exactly the directions I don't want, lol. I do enjoy s4 and 6 more than the rest of the show too because they are at least LP heavy (especially 4) and I don't care about much else.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

My favorite season was obviously season 1 but after that i liked 3 and 5, mostly for the writing and the character interactions those seasons. 4/2 were good too imo. 6 was when the show went downhill in my eyes and 6/7/8 were all pretty similar/boring to me. i loved season 9 though.

I recently started season 8. Im interested to see some of these episodes again, there were a lot of memorable ones this season.

season 7 was a lot better the 2nd time around. Maybe because I know what to expect. I REALLY enjoyed the haley/mom plot a lot, seeing her family together and all that stuff was great. Another favorite thing about season 7 was the alex/julian relationship, they were so fun together. blu were pretty unbearable for me this season, too much drama and mistrust and crying.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved seasons 1-3 the most!
Old 10-11-2016, 08:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I REALLY enjoyed the haley/mom plot a lot, seeing her family together and all that stuff was great.
I used to you tube some of that plot and liked it. Joy’s acting was as good as I expected it to be. And I love they’ve finally written a Haley-centric sl with substance. Those have been missing since s1 imo. (I did like some of Haley stuff at the beginning of seasons 2 and 5, as well as midish s6, tho.)

I’m genuinely curious about the James family. Haley’s parents were actually the only characters I liked when I first watched the show in 2.01. I thought they were more fun than all the teens combined. Didn’t exactly approve of their approval of teen marriage tho. When I re-watched some of the show recently I also noticed how they were kinda super irresponsible, leaving their 16-year-old to fend for herself once she’s gotten married. But I’m still amused by the lenient, hippiesque parents vibes they intentionally gave off. I don’t think oth writers did an exceptionally good job with that character type (was much more amused by Naomi Campbell’s commune-organizing mom on Skins, but I generally dig the writing on Skins so much more than on oth), but it was entertaining enough. For example (before NH’s second wedding in 3.22):

Lucas: So, your parents really aren’t coming.
Haley: No, they… I invited them, and they said, “sorry, honey, we’ve been to your wedding once before, and it was a little boring”

And I agree. Weddings are boring.

I wouldn’t have minded if Quinn and Taylor were around more during the first 6 seasons. Haley’s sisters and family background would have been far more interesting for me than teen marriage, teen pregnancy and cheerleading.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top