Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2017, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I doubt it would have been an multiple seasons deal unless Paul signed up for more since he only signed up for season 7 at that point.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

i never said it was? multiple episodes though i am sure. she doesnt get the scripts for ALL the episodes she's in. she doesnt know where the storyline is going.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Paul's deal only being for one year probably played an big part in why she signed up again since that meant it could only be an short term role on the show, plus if the Dan situation changed she would have just left the show again.

Last edited by stlavin95; 11-20-2017 at 12:20 AM
Old 11-20-2017, 02:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Im not saying they are to blame or anything close to that. I just find it sad that it went on that whole time and no one said anything. I realize people would lose their jobs but idk, Its important to be heard. At least now I think more women are realizing they need to speak out. The fact that Daneel went back to the show after that whole thing went down with Mark is very strange to me. She said she felt protected because of her scenes with Paul but that could have been changed at any moment???
Women know they should speak up but they don't because they don't feel safe, there are still plenty of women who haven't spoken up because they are not in a privileged position, even now that it seems "safe" to come forward. Most of the actresses who spoke up are white and WOC who spoke up didn't have it easy, the only person Weinstein accused of lying was Lupita Nyong'o and when Aurora Perrineau came forward, Lena Dunham and a bunch of others immediately accused her of lying.

I think Daneel just felt like Mark wouldn't behave in an inappropriate way in front of Paul. Men like Mark are not stupid, they know not to show their behaviour in front of equal or more powerful people. She probably felt like it was safe to return and she wouldn't have been tied contractually to the show, so she knew she could just leave if anything happened again.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
Women know they should speak up but they don't because they don't feel safe, there are still plenty of women who haven't spoken up because they are not in a privileged position, even now that it seems "safe" to come forward. Most of the actresses who spoke up are white and WOC who spoke up didn't have it easy, the only person Weinstein accused of lying was Lupita Nyong'o and when Aurora Perrineau came forward, Lena Dunham and a bunch of others immediately accused her of lying.

I think Daneel just felt like Mark wouldn't behave in an inappropriate way in front of Paul. Men like Mark are not stupid, they know not to show their behaviour in front of equal or more powerful people. She probably felt like it was safe to return and she wouldn't have been tied contractually to the show, so she knew she could just leave if anything happened again.
Abusers like Mark are smart and their victims are normally people who don't hold a lot of power on set or wherever. There is an reason why that he never did anything in front of Liz Hurley on the Royals set.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

What do you guys think was the worst storyline for each season of the show?
Old 01-11-2018, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
What do you guys think was the worst storyline for each season of the show?
season 1 I lvoed. Season 2 all the random guest stars.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

worst storylines:

season 1 - BL in general haha but particularly the pregnancy "scare" and the nikki stuff and how LP was handled after 115.

season 2 - anna/felix just got too much freaking screen time, and lack of basketball was a big downfall for the show.

season 3 - BL again haha. Honestly I liked this season but I didnt love how quick NH got back together, I wish it had taken a tad longer. Peyton proposing to Jake was dumb too.

season 4 - oh man, the psycho derek storyline just went too far and was too cheesey for the show. not a fan. I also hated Haley being pregnant.

season 5 - LL engagement. Dumb. All the post 112 episodes were really bad, 113 was the worst OTH episode to date IMO. Nanny Carrie was a bit lame but I didnt HATE it at first. Hated the skills/deb stuff too.

season 6 - nanny carrie stuff at the beginning was so cheesey and over the top. I didn't hate the movie making plot but some of it just dragged on.

season 7 - psycho katie. 3 psycho storylines really? I mean, they were really running out of ideas or something IDK. SO DUMB. I also hated how whiney brooke was that season and the whole B/J drama was annoying. also jamie and his friends started getting to much lame focus.

season 8 - Everything this season was boring. All the dumb chase/mia/alex stuff was incredibly useless. Also brooke going "poor" was dumb too. Boring season.

season 9 - I haven't rewatched so i dont remember much but I think the whole cafe drama was kind of silly.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
season 1 - BL in general haha but particularly the pregnancy "scare" and the nikki stuff and how LP was handled after 115.
Yeah, the BL wasn't that great this season at all and they should have been done after that season. What didn't you like about the way LP were handled after 1.15?

Quote:
season 2 - anna/felix just got too much freaking screen time, and lack of basketball was a big downfall for the show.
While I do think they both had too screentime at times, the season had much bigger issues with them imo and the Jules/Jeyton/Brucas and the way that the Naley story was handled were season 2's big issues.

Quote:
season 3 - BL again haha. Honestly I liked this season but I didnt love how quick NH got back together, I wish it had taken a tad longer. Peyton proposing to Jake was dumb too.
Same here haha. Always wasn't an fan of the Pete stuff either.

Quote:
season 4 - oh man, the psycho derek storyline just went too far and was too cheesey for the show. not a fan. I also hated Haley being pregnant.
The Psycho Derek and the point shaving stuff were my least favourite storylines. Why didn't you like Haley being pregnant?

Quote:
season 5 - LL engagement. Dumb. All the post 112 episodes were really bad, 113 was the worst OTH episode to date IMO. Nanny Carrie was a bit lame but I didnt HATE it at first. Hated the skills/deb stuff too.
All of the LL stuff was dumb from the start tbh, same with the Carrie stuff since the writers dropped something much better for it.

Quote:
season 6 - nanny carrie stuff at the beginning was so cheesey and over the top. I didn't hate the movie making plot but some of it just dragged on.
I wasn't an big fan of how much focus the secondary characters got this season and how the writers introduced Julian as Peyton's ex only to do absolutely nothing with it.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm watching season 2. I hate all the random guest stars.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Same here, they got too much focus imo.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
What didn't you like about the way LP were handled after 1.15?
I just hated that for 15 episodes they built them up to be so amazing and they got such incredible scenes and moments and then as soon as they "break up" all that interaction basically stops. They got zero interaction in 116 and we had to deal with the dumb Nikki stuff. And Lucas made it seem as if he loved both girls to Nikki but he didnt seem upset that he lost Peyton which IMO was the real reason he was upset. Then in 117 we had that stupid moment after the cheer classic that was literally a 5 second scene and Peyton makes a comment about their parents flirting and Lucas just acts like he could care less that shes talking to him. You would think he'd be a little happier considering she is the one that basically broke things off. Then in 118 they have no interaction and when Lucas sees the NP kiss he acts more upset about the fact that Nathan "cheated" on Haley then he even did about Peyton. And in 119 he also sort of gives Peyton the cold shoulder when she tries to talk to him. I know he was stressed about the brooke pregnancy thing but still. He even says how their fling was a mistake. I dont see how sleeping with Brooke made things with Peyton a mistake. He shouldn't have slept with Brooke so recklessly, he should have been with Peyton from the get go.

At least in 120 LP had some decent interaction again but it still felt slightly platonic for most of it until Peyton told Lucas off. That was essentially the only part of that episode I liked. Then 121 and 122 we were back to barely any interaction except heir goodbye scene. idk. I just wish the directing would have been a bit better so we knew Lucas still cared.

I personalyl liked the NH issues in season 2. Maybe I'm in the minority but as a non shipper I think season 2 made them way more interacting. But I prefer angst in couples. I liked the message that young marriage most likely wont work. And I wanted to see them apart for a while. I think its a shame they werent apart longer.

Peyton and Pete was SO BAD. No chemistry, Pete was not a good actor, and that whole SL was just random. No no no no no. Not a fan at all.

I liked the daunt storyline. I think the episodes were Nathan was in trouble and Dan was helping him, then the accident in 409 were the most interesting ones. I liked that drama.

Quote:
Why didn't you like Haley being pregnant?
Because she was a senior in highshool? lol. And I thought it was unrealistic for Haley to get pregnant especially after the scare in season 3. Plus Haley was responsible imo and never would have been that dumb. On top of that babies KILL the show and having Jamie was SO BORING and seeing them as parents made them that much more boring imo.

I liked PJ and that storyline. LL no. PJ at least had chemistry imo and i liked seeing Lucas jealous for once since it was Peyton pining for Lucas since mid season 1 and not the other way around.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I just hated that for 15 episodes they built them up to be so amazing and they got such incredible scenes and moments and then as soon as they "break up" all that interaction basically stops. They got zero interaction in 116 and we had to deal with the dumb Nikki stuff. And Lucas made it seem as if he loved both girls to Nikki but he didnt seem upset that he lost Peyton which IMO was the real reason he was upset. Then in 117 we had that stupid moment after the cheer classic that was literally a 5 second scene and Peyton makes a comment about their parents flirting and Lucas just acts like he could care less that shes talking to him. You would think he'd be a little happier considering she is the one that basically broke things off. Then in 118 they have no interaction and when Lucas sees the NP kiss he acts more upset about the fact that Nathan "cheated" on Haley then he even did about Peyton. And in 119 he also sort of gives Peyton the cold shoulder when she tries to talk to him. I know he was stressed about the brooke pregnancy thing but still. He even says how their fling was a mistake. I dont see how sleeping with Brooke made things with Peyton a mistake. He shouldn't have slept with Brooke so recklessly, he should have been with Peyton from the get go.

At least in 120 LP had some decent interaction again but it still felt slightly platonic for most of it until Peyton told Lucas off. That was essentially the only part of that episode I liked. Then 121 and 122 we were back to barely any interaction except heir goodbye scene. idk. I just wish the directing would have been a bit better so we knew Lucas still cared.
Yeah that's true and I hated that too, but I definitely never that Lucas acted like he loved both girls in his scenes with Nikki and I thought it was obvious even those scenes he only felt bad about Brooke. I agree with the rest of it though and it annoyed me that TPTB cut an scene that showed Lucas being upset over Peyton (at least at the end of the scene) and it also would have made his actions in that episode make more sense too.

I think the sings they both cared should have been done better for both sides imo.

Quote:
I personally liked the NH issues in season 2. Maybe I'm in the minority but as a non shipper I think season 2 made them way more interacting. But I prefer angst in couples. I liked the message that young marriage most likely wont work. And I wanted to see them apart for a while. I think its a shame they werent apart longer.

I liked the daunt storyline. I think the episodes were Nathan was in trouble and Dan was helping him, then the accident in 409 were the most interesting ones. I liked that drama.
I just don't like how the writers basically victimized Haley for following her dreams and basically turned their whole storyline into an poor Nathan one imo.

I just don't like the Daunte storyline and felt it added nothing good to show, plus Nathan looked like such an idiot imo. They were much better ways to explore Haley's pregnancy in my eyes.

Quote:
Because she was a senior in highshool? lol. And I thought it was unrealistic for Haley to get pregnant especially after the scare in season 3. Plus Haley was responsible imo and never would have been that dumb. On top of that babies KILL the show and having Jamie was SO BORING and seeing them as parents made them that much more boring imo.

I liked PJ and that storyline. LL no. PJ at least had chemistry imo and i liked seeing Lucas jealous for once since it was Peyton pining for Lucas since mid season 1 and not the other way around.
That's definitely true, but I think it's pretty obvious that Haley's pregnancy wasn't the original plan and it would have never happened if the CW didn't turn down the writer's first choice.

While I do think they had chemistry, PJ just didn't add anything to the show imo and it's the same with LL too. And personally, I just had no interesting in seeing another of LP's relationship fail for the same reason as BL and JP pretty much did.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I didn't mind the Dante storyline cause I could see Nathan being that dumb.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I didn't mind the Dante storyline cause I could see Nathan being that dumb.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree, Shu.

I still didn't love the storyline but wasn't shocked because it was Nathan.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top