Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2014, 07:39 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
Am I the only one who noticed the implication in tonight's episode that Anastasia is one of Cinderella/Ashley's stepsister?
I think she is, her mom was supposed to be Lady Tremain.
FAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:58 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm really looking forward to seeing Barbara Hershey reprise her role as Cora/The Queen of Hearts next week, and to seeing the OUaTiW characters in Storybrooke. I'm also interested in seeing if we get any further info in terms of the timeline of OUaTiW's events in relation to the events of OUaT Season 2.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:15 PM
New Fan

Brilliant episode, omg I can't believe the Queen used all her wishes, it was unnecessary IMO.

Jafar has all the genies, that sucks!
TomBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:39 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBomb (View Post)
Brilliant episode, omg I can't believe the Queen used all her wishes, it was unnecessary IMO.
The Jabberwocky was controlling her and forcing her to act. She clearly didn't want to use her wishes, but didn't have much choice in the matter.

Quote:
Jafar has all the genies, that sucks!
Yes, it does.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:20 PM
Elite Fan

Ok so... in addition to the Jabberowcky being creepifying, we can also add to the list PSYCHOTIC of things she can be..... o_O..... okies.... Rock on the creepifying weido lady who sit provocatively for Jafar!!
ChakotaysLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:17 PM
Absolute Fan

I've been asking this question everywhere, but does anybody know why they dropped the season order back down to 13 episodes?
Old 03-14-2014, 01:43 PM
New Fan

In 1871 Charles Lutwidge Dodgson under the pseudonym of Lewis Carroll wrote a poem called Jabberwocky. Ninety-three years later in English literature class I recited that poem from memorization. To the satisfaction of all concerned I got an "A".
One week last Thursday and fifty years later I was watching "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland" on channel 5 Boston at 8 o'clock. Roughly ten minutes into the program I hear a caterpillar call the monster a "Jabberwocky". I leaned forward in my chair. I heard the word "Jabberwocky" used again. I was now standing in front of my chair. I heard the word "Jabberwocky" for a third time and I had stepped forward to stand right in front of the television. I heard "Jabberwocky" again and I physically shut the television off. It's the first time I've shut the television off without using the remote since I bought it.
I don't know who writes their script but I'm not giving him/her an "A".
You see, the monster which is mentioned three times in Carroll's poem is a JABBERWOCK, and it has been for one-hundred and forty-three years.
I know that they stopped teaching cursive writing in schools. I guess that no one reads anymore either. Shame.
Rottweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Your not the only one I called from the episode we saw her mother and her name is Anastasia one of the step sister in the Disney version
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottweiler (View Post)
In 1871 Charles Lutwidge Dodgson under the pseudonym of Lewis Carroll wrote a poem called Jabberwocky. Ninety-three years later in English literature class I recited that poem from memorization. To the satisfaction of all concerned I got an "A".
One week last Thursday and fifty years later I was watching "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland" on channel 5 Boston at 8 o'clock. Roughly ten minutes into the program I hear a caterpillar call the monster a "Jabberwocky". I leaned forward in my chair. I heard the word "Jabberwocky" used again. I was now standing in front of my chair. I heard the word "Jabberwocky" for a third time and I had stepped forward to stand right in front of the television. I heard "Jabberwocky" again and I physically shut the television off. It's the first time I've shut the television off without using the remote since I bought it.
I don't know who writes their script but I'm not giving him/her an "A".
You see, the monster which is mentioned three times in Carroll's poem is a JABBERWOCK, and it has been for one-hundred and forty-three years.
I know that they stopped teaching cursive writing in schools. I guess that no one reads anymore either. Shame.
Did Carroll's writing also include Alice falling in love with a genie? A cross over with characters from Arabian Nights? A Red Queen who doubled as Cinderella's sister?

I didn't think so.

Out of everything, I would think adding a "y" to the end of Jabberwock would be the least of a purist's concerns.

At any rate, agree with everyone else that the last episode was amazing and I can't wait for more. My biggest question is whether or not Amara was lying to Jafar about being able to change the rules of magic, if that was smply a story she concocted in order to get help tracking down/freeing her sons. And if so, how angry will Jafar be when he finds out?
xiaoyue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:50 PM
New Fan

xiaoyue, you're hardly in a position to think that you know what I might or might not be aware of. My post is not about continuity or crossover. Never was. I found your attempt at condescension puerile. It amused me for a moment but the moment has faded.
That you would be okay with Alice meeting Josie and the PussyCats and then finding out that the genie's real father is Crocodile Dundee is quite apparent to me, yet does not change the fact that a fifth grader knows that adding a "y" to Jabberwock not only changes the pronunciation of the word but also seriously changes the meaning. They ARE NOT the same and they ARE NOT interchangeable. Carroll knew what he was doing. You shouldn't "think" so much.
Jabberwocky means gibberish and nonsense. It is also the title of Carroll's poem. The JABBERWOCK is the monster. It is that simple...for some.
Rottweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:19 PM
Master Fan

Source

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
baelfire24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:38 PM
Elite Fan

Love the art!! Can't wait for the next episode on Thursday!! I want to see Cora again!!
ChakotaysLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:33 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baelfire24 (View Post)
Nice. .
FAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

That art is epic.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:50 AM
New Fan

Awww there was a board? This show deserves more love!

Please add me?
tothestars-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top