Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think her relationship would have changed with jordan. I think she would re think the whole Jordan thing. The look on her face when she found out Brian really wrote the letter and not Jordan was just kind of heart breaking.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I need to re-watch the finale.

Love the Brady Bunch icon/sig combo, SergeantPepper! Very unique on FF, lol.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Total Fan

Just wanted to come by and say hi, 'cause I watched My So-Called Life recently only, had never watched it before, and I gotta say, I loved it! It's too bad it got cancelled after only one season... A friend of mine was crazy about the show back when it aired and she told me I should watch it. Well, I found it, watch every episodes and I didn't regret it at all!
Old 03-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

I love your avie too, SergeantPepper. I used to love that show.

Welcome, Daph ! Do you have a favorite character or episode?

Quote:
I think her relationship would have changed with jordan. I think she would re think the whole Jordan thing. The look on her face when she found out Brian really wrote the letter and not Jordan was just kind of heart breaking.
I agree, Dawn. To me when she heard that Brian wrote it everything she changed. She wanted him to say that he liked her. It was such an intimate moment.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

Rep: Claire Danes and Hugh Dancy Engaged!

Claire Danes and her British boyfriend, Hugh Dancy , are engaged, her rep confirms to Usmagazine.com.

The couple have been inseparable since meeting on the 2007 film Evening.

At the NYC premiere of Confessions of a Shopaholic, Dancy explained to Us what he looks for in his perfect girl. He told Us, "Someone who's intelligent, somebody who makes me laugh. I know people always say a good sense of humor, but they're usually lying. Somebody who kind of has an independent life and ambition."

Would Dancy -- who appears opposite Isla Fisher in Shopaholic -- consider making another film with his bride-to-be?

"Never say never," he told Us at the Sundance Film Festival. "There's no list of people I wouldn't work with, up to and including Claire. Obviously, I respect her as an actress immensely!"

No word yet on when Danes, 29, and Dancy, 33, plan to walk down the aisle.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:34 AM
Elite Fan

Whoa, can't believe she's 29. And I'm still not over Devon being hitched to Majandra Delfino (Roswell).
Old 03-28-2009, 12:16 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Slippers (View Post)

Welcome, Daph ! Do you have a favorite character or episode?
Hum... good question...

As characters, I really liked Rickie and Sharon. Oh and Mr. Katimski! I know Angela's the main character and I liked her too, but I prefered Rickie and Sharon.

Rickie, to me, is a very nice person, he's not mean, he's always there for his friends. And his storyline got really interesting. Talk about someone not deserving what was happening to him! And, Sharon... well, I guess I could relate to how she was feeling about Angela "dumping" her. And she made me laugh, often.

Favorite episode? I really like the one with the substitute teacher and the book they wanted to print. I liked how Patty and Graham supported Angela. The Halloween episode was pretty cool too! And since I admit that I was rooting for Angela and Jordan, the episode where they just kiss, and kiss, and kiss was nice
Old 04-15-2009, 07:46 AM
Master Fan

Daph, I like all of those as well. The subsititue was really well done. I esecially like Angela's poem.

Oh yes, the the boiler room! I love that one. I think my alltime fave is the world happiness dance though. What a great moment. I agree, Ricky was such a compelling character. I always wanted to know what happened with his family.

Old 04-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Elite Fan

on the Brady Bunch love. Changed my icon now but yeah - huge fan of the whole Barry and Mo offscreen romance. Grew up watching the show despite it being so syrupy.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Elite Fan

Whoa, August? I haven't watched an ep since August? Okay, well I did earlier today - 1.15, "So-Called Angels" - and will post some more soon.

I was literally stunned when I saw the opening scene, Rickie, like, coughing blood on the street. It was like watching for the first time. Cried a little at the end, too.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:02 AM
Master Fan

I liked it despite its syrup quality as well.

I know, what a sad story. And the way Jordan Catelono immediatly knew that his father had been hitting him. I was intrigued by Jordan's back story as well.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Slippers (View Post)
I liked it despite its syrup quality as well.
Oh, good. Then it won't be hard to say that, at first, I could not stand that girl with her guitar being everywhere to play "Make Your Way Home". At first, I thought it was gonna be like on "Gilmore Girls" (sorry; loved the show, hated the 'bop-bop-bop-baah-bop' serenades in between scenes, LOL), just to promote Juliana Hatfield as an artist, in part, for MSCL's case ... but then I did start to wonder if she was an angel. Then I was convinced she wasn't. Then Angela gives her her shoes , at which point I was fully okay with the heavy-handedness of the episode cause that was so touching (and so Angela). ... Then, at the end, once Patty stares at the girl and asks, "How did you die?", instead of, "How did you end up without a home?, pt. 2", I was like 'ohhhmygod, she really is an angel'. And I thought it worked. Why? Simply because they got me. Then, the hugs between Patty, Rickie, and Angela . I got this strange sense that we're supposed to beieve there's a connection between the faith-laden candle Rickie lights and the fact that, in a quite literal way, 'God brought Patty to him', as she was supposed to just be looking for Angela. And I wonder if we're supposed to think that the angel was *really* looking out for Angela moreso than Rickie, really. I mean, it was her growth that was highlighted, and her relationship with her mother.

Is any episode NOT about Angela/Patty? And Patty ... geez! What is the big deal with letting a friend stay over? Especially if you think they're in trouble! The woman has, like, zero trust in Angela's judgement. It's kind of off the charts.

Yeah, you didn't really see that Rickie/Jordan scene coming.

2 pts to the person who remembers the funny part of this episode.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh, good.
LOL, Actually I was responding to this:
Quote:
Grew up watching the show despite it being so syrupy
I agree that the Brady Bunch is very syrupy- yet, as a kid, I loved it.

at your comment about his episode! It is kind of cheesy…I tend to agree; at first I thought Juliane Hatfield was just brought on to plug her album. I do appreciate that they gave her a real storyline though. The heavy- handedness about runaway children was very prominent in the episode—but I really didn’t mind. It was so beautifully written and acted that it turned out to be such a beautiful story.

Gosh, Patty. She is the character that I love to hate. Although, I don’t really hate her but I can’t really like her. She is so complex. Her relationship with Angela was a constant balancing act and her relationship with her husband- you could kind of see it crumbling. She seemed to live in constant fear that he would leave her and he seemed to be tempted at every turn. But it was always apparent that they loved each other very much. Another stroke of brilliance by the show—being able to show how complicated marriage really can be.

Oh, yes! I am always peeved that Patty didn’t let Ricky stay over. Perhaps it was because he was a boy? If Ricky were a girl she may not have reacted so hastily. But I love that Graham confronted Patty about her prejudices toward Ricky. Him wearing eye liner and not being straight made her uncomfortable. And in a later episode, I love when Mr. Katimsky (sp?) practically yells at the door “How could you let him go?” I was cheering because, I was wondering what was up with Patty. She wanted to shield Angela from everything- to the point that she wouldn’t even help a kid in need.

Yeah, I love the Ricky/Jordan scene. We hardly know anything about Jordan Catelono so I enjoyed that tidbit.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Him wearing eye liner and not being straight made her uncomfortable.
Yeah, and I just don't get this. I mean, it guarantees he's not there to 'take advantage' of her daughter and - gasp - what if a girl decides to wear make-up? LOL, although I do vaguely recall Patty having a problem with A's shade of lipstick, maybe in the Pilot. OoOoh, the great harbinger of change to come ... Sorry, I had a lenient father who took in my friend to live with us, and sleepovers galore, even co-ed. Seriously. Patty has always worked my last nerve. Even in junior high, she was the only character that just grated on me.

Speaking of grating, LOL ...

Brian: "... Hi ... I had nothing, like, planned, so ...”
Patty: “So WHAT?! Spit it out.”

Last edited by playgroundDiaries; 04-30-2009 at 09:15 AM
Old 04-30-2009, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That dance scene with Rickie was seriously one of the best things I EVER saw on tv!
rearview mirror — it’s in the past, it’s behind her. He’s still running.
He’s in the same running outfit he wore in the pilot.”

Last edited by fisher & sons; 04-30-2009 at 11:51 AM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top