Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2004, 10:36 AM
Master Fan

My So-Called Life Appreciation Thread #1

Quote:
I know that this show is somewhat old, but I recently got it on DVD. Let me say that I have re-fallen in love with it. It has to be one of the best shows ever made. It is also going to be on Noggin pretty soon if any of you havn't seen it.

Anyways- Does anyone else love this show? Doe s anyone else even remember this show?

It changed my life.
--- Orig. Post Circa 2004

Welcome to the My-So-Called Life Appreciation Thread

My So-Called Classmates:

1) Ruby_Slippers
2) Dorkodancer147
3) M.I.S.S.Y
4) antisocial
5)obsession as an art form
6)dawnygirl
7)SergeantPepper
8)playgroundDiaries

Last edited by Ruby_Slippers; 04-15-2008 at 10:36 PM
Old 03-12-2004, 03:25 PM
Loyal Fan

I think it's one of those rare shows that people will be able to relate to no matter what decade it is. Maybe the outfits or hairstyles look out-dated now, but the emotion will always be true to life no matter how much time passes.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:46 PM
Passionate Fan

I was thinking of this show today and I really want to watch some of my DVD's soon.

Yea I agree I think the emotions are still the same even with the funky early 90's clothing. But I've always liked that about the show they really did wear the ugly clothes from that time. They weren't overly glamorized
Old 03-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Master Fan

Crimson Glow

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I love this show! I have the dvd's. Man, I still remember when it debuted on TV..god, I lived for that show and cried when it got canceled then fell in love all over again when I saw on MTV!
Old 03-13-2004, 02:48 PM
Master Fan

I'm glad other people still love and remember this show.
Yeah- I agree their early 90's fashion was horrible but it was the message that stayed with you.

I recently finished watching the final episode and it made me want more!
I wonder if they had a second season would Angela chose Jordan or Brian? Would Angela and Rayanne be friends again? Would Angela's father cheat with Halle?

I think she would chose Jordan but after they broke up she would go with Brian. I think she would be friends with Rayanne just not as close. (Myabe kinda like a Dawson Pacey thing) and I think her father would cheat..
Old 03-14-2004, 01:04 PM
Master Fan

I think it was always a given that Angela's heart really did belong to Brian, even though I was an avid Angela/Jordon fanatic [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2004, 11:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

I love this show! I need to get it on dvd, but no mullah right now. They are going to start airing it on The N. I just hope they don't edit anything out, the N is weird about some stuff they show.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:06 PM
Passionate Fan

Yea I think eventually Angela would have ended up with Brian..but that might have not happened until much later in the series

Yea I could have seen Gram cheat with Hallie. Not cool but kind of something expected.

Today I was sick and I decided to watch episodes [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I just love the end of Self Esteem when Jordan takes Angelas hand [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Jared Leto was very attractive for an early 90's tv show. Most guys on other shows weren't. He still is [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2004, 02:39 PM
Master Fan

Oh! The self esteem episode is great. Yes, it was so sweet how Jordan takes Angela's hand. But the title is kind of true. Jordan isn't that nice to Angela at all. He says a lot of rude things. Like in the Pressure episode when he says if she dosn't sleep with him she is abnormal. I dunno... As cute as he was I wouldn't have stayed with him so long.

I like when the tables are finally turned and he has to make an effort to talk to her. Thats when I like Jordan.

But if you watch the final episode, I think Angela truly wants to be with Brian she just hasn't admitted it yet. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2004, 07:59 PM
Master Fan

I wanted Brian and Rayanne to hook up. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

And Devon Gummersal is one fine piece of man.
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/hh/0347957/devon1p.jpg

Mrrrow. Hello, Brian a decade later.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
Old 03-19-2004, 07:44 AM
Supreme Fan

oh my! [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] jordan catalano! [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] jared's still hot today. i loved this show! they haven't released the dvd's yet over here. i hope they will. definitely gonna get them if they ever get released over here.
Old 03-20-2004, 11:10 AM
Master Fan

Yeah he is! Has Jared Leto done anything since MSCL? The only thing I have ever heard about him is that he was dating Cameron Diaz. Come to think of it, I havn't seen the other actors with the exception of Claire Danes and the actress who played Danielle.
Old 03-20-2004, 11:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruby_Slippers:
<STRONG>Yeah he is! Has Jared Leto done anything since MSCL? The only thing I have ever heard about him is that he was dating Cameron Diaz. Come to think of it, I havn't seen the other actors with the exception of Claire Danes and the actress who played Danielle.</STRONG>
Jared has been in alot of stuff since MSCL....Requiem for a Dream, Panic Room, The Thin Red Line etc...check out IMDB.com to look at everything hes done
Old 03-20-2004, 12:30 PM
Supreme Fan

fight club, urban legend, switchback, prefontaine ... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2004, 08:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by galela:
<STRONG>fight club, urban legend, switchback, prefontaine ... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Yea that too I just didn't write them all

What is everyones favorite episodes? I'm going to have to think about that one for myself