Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2004, 03:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

i was just reading..on the book thread that we have to support the threads we don't want deleted...and well - even though we haven't seen a new episode or heard anything..yet....NBC.com still has Miss Match on their schedule, its still on the NBC website...it just states an upcoming episode has not yet been schedule.....i look at least once a week to see if there have been any updates...NOTHING so FAR. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
EJami powerful, tangible, wild & completely off the charts Choice, not chance, determined destiny. He, too, has been changed in his turn, changed utterly: & a terrible beauty was born. Love comes in many forms & faces, as there are many roads to truth.
Old 03-13-2004, 12:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

TODAY i went to Miss Match website..and it's changed.

it now says

CHECK back soon for new episode infor!..GOOD SIGN!
http://www.nbc.com/Miss_Match/#
EJami powerful, tangible, wild & completely off the charts Choice, not chance, determined destiny. He, too, has been changed in his turn, changed utterly: & a terrible beauty was born. Love comes in many forms & faces, as there are many roads to truth.
Old 03-13-2004, 01:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Dommie:
<STRONG>TODAY i went to Miss Match website..and it's changed.

it now says

CHECK back soon for new episode infor!..GOOD SIGN!
http://www.nbc.com/Miss_Match/#</STRONG>
Hey, alright! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I enjoyed watching this show and have been waiting for it to air again. Hopefully it will be soon. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2004, 02:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

Alicia is on the cover of Redbook. The article is more along the lines of her success with her body image...but they mentioned Miss Match...and nothing in it stated that it was gone from the peacock network.

lets see if this will post?

[ 03-17-2004: Message edited Dommie ]
Old 03-21-2004, 02:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

from all about alicia...she is on another cover!! WITH ALL THIS PUBLICITY..why isn't NBC nabbing at the chance to put Miss Match in a good viewing time slot.

ES Magazine (March 5, 2004, UK)

Mad About Alicia

At 27, Alicia Silverstone's career has already had more ups and downs than most actors cram into a lifetime. Lydia Slater meets the blonde who came back from the brink

Alicia Silverstone, cinema's first blonde Beverly Hills brat, is pacing around her suite in Blakes Hotel in South Kensington in plum tracksuit bottoms and a washed-out sweatshirt. She has a bundle of dirty clothes under one arm, and is sniffing at the armpits of a porridge-coloured coat. 'Can you have this washed for me?' she asks a factotum politely, handing it over. 'It has underarm issues.' A seismic heaving in the double bed announces that her boyfriend of several years, Chris Jarecki, a tall and (from what I can see of him) extremely skinny man with a pallid complexion and thick mop of spiky black hair, has woken up from his jet lag.

So far, so resolutely unglamorous. But even entirely without make-up, her hair scraped away from her face with clips, Alicia, 27, has that cosseted, Californian look that makes her a natural for the poor little rich girls she plays to perfection: the tanned skin, the wide blue eyes, the permanent pout.

It's all on parade in her latest vehicle, the new television series Miss Match, a Legally Blonde-inspired comedy, which has just started showing on Living TV, Alicia takes the lead as Kate Fox, a divorce lawyer and rich daddy's girl who, when she isn't splitting people up, is bringing them together with her amateur matchmaking service. It's a feel-good comedy drama that ticks the same boxes (pretty boys and girls, sun, sea, sand and love) as Clueless, the film for which Alicia is still best known.

It would be a rare matchmaker to spot the romantic potential between herself and Jarecki (who by now has got up, put on a jumper and trousers that appear to be falling off his bony frame, and set off to find soya-milk lattes). Jarecki, who has Polish roots, is the singer with the LA neo-punk band S.T.U.N. - named by MTV as one of the 'ten bands you need to know about'. He goes under the stage name of Christiane J and his on-stage antics seem to involve a lot of physical injury.

'During the Warped Tour, I slashed my leg so deep I could see the bone,' he announces proudly. 'But it's OK. It's fun to bleed and sing sometimes.' On another occasion, he took a dive through a drum-kit, seriously bruising the drummer.

But despite his willingness to shed his own blood, Jarecki, like Alicia, is a vegan. And they are clearly very fond of one another, having been together for five years. Co-stars recall with admiration how Jarecki came to pick her up at 4am after a long shoot and, on the internet anyway, rumours abound of possible marriage.

'Marriage is a conversation that I like to keep to myself, I have so many thoughts and feelings on it that I want to share with my friends and not the world,' says Alicia rather primly. 'But I definitely want to have kids. I'd probably adopt a few, but I definitely want to experience natural childbirth, I hope I can. I really want to experience breast-feeding. I wanna breast-feed so badly,' she gushes rather disconcertingly. And there we were thinking Holllywood breasts were purely decorative.

The reason she's deferring this experience is because she still hasn't sorted out her work/life balance, she says. 'I work too much, and I don't like the idea of not being around my kids.'

She's spent the past eight months filming Miss Match for 16 hours a day. 'It's been really difficult in terms of having a life,' she complains. Prior to that, she spent nine months on Broadway starring as Elaine in The Graduate alongside Kathleen Turner. She'll soon be seen in another kidpleaser, Scooby-Doo 2, playing a pesky reporter who has an affair with hero Freddie Prinze Jr.

Now she's taking a break. 'I really felt like I needed to slow down,' she says.'There's definitely something civilised about having a weekend and going on vacation. I really like waking up and thinking, "what shall I do today?" I'm sure I'll have another job soon, but I'll hold out for something good.

Alicia is used to a punishing workload. Her professional career began when she was six, after her father sent a shot of her in a bikini to a modelling agency. She subsequently appeared in advertisements for everything from YSL and Levi's to Domino's Pizza, hating the work but saving the money she earned to pay for her acting lessons. 'I was way more responsible than any kid my age at that time,' she says rather sadly.

She is the daughter of two Britons, Monty Silverstone, a London-born property developer - 'born in Sydney Street,' she says proudly - and his wife Didi, a one-time PanAm stewardess from Dunfermline. They are still together, living in San Francisco, where Monty has written a book on how to beat the bookies.

They met in Florida, and Alicia and her elder brother David (according to Alicia, 'an artistic, free-spirit type'), were born in San Francisco, but brought up on shepherd's pie, Yorkshire pudding and gallons of tea. Every summer the family returned to England to see their relatives and, for several years, they had a flat in Bath's Royal Crescent.

The UK links were strengthened when, aged 14, Alicia discovered out of the blue that she had an elder sister, Kezi, her father's daughter from a previous relationship. Kezi was born in London but abandoned by her mother as a four-year-old and brought up in foster homes. She finally traced her father when she was 18 and went to the States to meet her other family. Kezi, now 30, a glamarous if tough-looking blonde, is also in showbiz: she has had bit parts in Footballers' Wives and Jonathan Creek, but is more succesful as a singer, getting a top ten dance hit with her single 'What A Feeling'.

'I don't come here that often so I don't see her that often,' says Alicia, who is hoping to meet up with her half-sister during her brief stay in the UK. 'We try, but she's very busy as well,' she says. 'We e-mail each other a lot.' Do they have a sisterly relationship? I'm sure there would be aspects of that, if we could get in the same room together for more than five hours,' she says frankly. 'I do think of her as my sister, but a sister I don't know very well.' She waves away questions about the disparity between her own cosseted upbringing and her sister's deprived one - it's so personal, I don't go into that,' she says firmly.

At 15, Alicia auditioned for and won her first film role, as a 14-year-old girl obsessed with a journalist twice her age, in The Crush. Reviews were mixed, but more significant than the film itself was the fact that, in order to get the part, Alicia had to have herself legally emancipated from her parents and declared an adult. This was because Californian law dictates that minors can only work for restricted hours during the day, which wasn't enough for the film's producers. This court action, fully supported by her parents who were obviously ambitious for their child progidy, gave rise to lurid headlines claiming that she had 'divorced' them. (If so, the divorce was amicable.)

She went on to appear in three Aerosmith videos playing a teenage temptress (well, she was young), and several TV shows before landing the Clueless job which shot her to stardom in 1995. It was a huge hit, grossing $250 million worldwide and winning Alicia a $10-million deal from Columbia to develop her own projects, which made her one of the world's youngest producers. Her success as a producer has been mixed. While she produces and does the voice of Sharon Spitz for Braceface, a popular children's cartoon, her first film venture as a producer, Excess Baggage (co-starring Benicio Del Toro, with whom Alicia had an on-set romance), was a flop.

Early stardom was an experience about which she has mixed feelings. 'It was incredibly difficult to be so young and to have so much weirdness around you,' she says frankly. 'I can remember times when I was having a real-life moment, like somebody in my life just died, and I'd be crying and people would come up and demand that I talked to them. Those things are just demented, it's like...' - she clutches my arm - "I'm sorry, are you human? Because I'm not sure what's going on here."'

Clueless was followed by a series of flops, starting with Batman and Robin, in which she played Batgirl in a skintight black outfit that won for her the unkind soubriquet Fatgirl. That was followed by the (in the circumstances) unfortunately titled Excess Baggage. For a while, and despite starring in Kenneth Branagh's Love's Labour's Lost, she simply vanished from the limelight.

It's not something that seems to bother her much: even now her career is picking up again, she's proud of the fact that she lives, she says, 'completely normal', with Jarecki in a house in Hollywood Hills, and has done for two years. However, when Jarecki returns, having miraculously found her a soya-milk latte, she declares herself to be 'distressed' that it comes in a Styrofoam cup.

Of course, Alicia's definition of normal is not everyone's. Many Hollywood stars parade their convictions to seem more appealing, but Alicia's are far from being cosmetic; in fact, she comes across as rather eccentric. Her obessions are animal welfare and the environment, and they must make her life positively uncomfortable. She won't ride in a car with leather seats, for instance (her own car is electric), or wear wool, unless it's second hand.

A poster-girl for the animal charity PETA and the proud rescuer of some 30 unwanted dogs, she once, she said, took 11 dogs condemned dogs home from an animal shelter. 'I found homes for all of them.' Clearly, Alicia wants everyone to know that the original blonde bimbo brat has got a soul.
Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed goes on release on 2 April. Miss Match is currently showing on LivingTV on Wednesdays at 10pm

Transcribed by ~ Robbie

hope the picture comes out..never have heard of this magazine..though.

Old 03-26-2004, 01:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks Dommie for the article!

I was browsing over at Teen Hollywood and came across an interview with Alicia. And it looks like, depending on when this interview took place, they were still filming recently ...

TeenHollywood: Is “Miss Match” coming back?
Alicia: Well, I won't find out until May, when they tell all the shows what happens to them. We'll see. I just finished shooting about two weeks ago.

This is some glimmer of hope ... there's still production going on, well was. The question becomes, dude, when is NBC gonna show them?!
Old 03-26-2004, 07:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

more news from AllaboutAlicia.com
regarding Alicia's latest project(MOVIE)

- The cast of Beauty Shop is shaping up nicely. According to several sites Mena Suvari has signed up to play Joanne, an upper-crust opinionated socialite. Also there's an interesting read on Dark Horizons.com:

If you thought the "Beauty Shop" spin-off from "Barbershop" was going to be a little movie, think again. Regular insider 'Undergear' is back and reveals some big names are being considered for roles. For the part of 'Joe' an offer is out to Djimon Honsou who is apparently waiting to read the new draft. Page Hurd is in as 'Valerie Morris', whilst Keisha Knight Pullman is set for 'Darnell'. The roles of 'Joanne Marcus', 'Lynn' and 'Terri' are now out on offer to Mena Suvari, Alicia Silverstone & Rene Russo. Finally the part of 'Jorge' is just starting to set up and there's interest in Jimmy Smits and Antonio Banderas.

- Thanks to Filipe, Claudia, Matt, Bazz, blorenc and King for a lot of
Old 03-27-2004, 08:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

picture anyone?

[ 03-27-2004: Message edited Dommie ]
Old 03-27-2004, 12:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

Ah, that's our gal! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2004, 04:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

well i as always look and try to find updates...here's something from March 29, 2004 People magazine. People (March 29, 2004, US)

Scoop

Pop Quiz

Alicia Silverstone

Alicia Silverstone returns to the big screen March 26 as a television reporter in Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed. And though her TV show Miss Match was taken off the air after 11 episodes, an NBC rep says that it is expected to return late spring. What else is new? Silverstone, 27, clued in Scoop.

You play a reporter in Scooby-Doo 2. Learn any tricks of the trade?
Not a lot. But it was definitely fun to be aggressive. And journalists are so aggressive.

Who would you like to interview?
Meryl Streep. I would love to pick her brain and find out more about show she is.

What's the dumbest question a reporter ever asked you?
What is my bra size. I was like, "What?" Another lady asked me if I was a virgin. I was so young, and it was so embarrassing. That was during Clueless press.

Speaking of Clueless... gone on any Cher Horowitz shopping sprees lately?
No. In fact. I have to clean my closet out. I don't like to have stuff I don't use.

Who gets the clothes?
I give them to friends. I give some to Goodwill.

What happened with Miss Match, you NBC show? It has been on hiatus.
I don't know that anything went wrong, really. Maybe reality television. But it's hard when you are on Friday night. My mother is in her 60s, and she's taping the show because she's got busy plans on Friday night!

You played a matchmaker. Any real-life dates-from-hell stories you can share?
This guy that I had a huge crush on in summer school asked me out. When he picked me up, it was like Jekyll and Hyde - all of a sudden he was like a gangster. He was probably just shy and scared.

Is there anyone special these days?
Yes, I have a boyfriend [musician Christopher Jarecki].

And three dogs!
I am always rescuing dogs. There is Samson and Lacey and Butterfly, a pit bull. She sleeps with me. So sweet. Although she took all the covers last night.

Transcribed by ~ Robbie --allaboutalicia.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:45 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the article. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] So, another reference to it coming back in "late spring"...
Old 04-09-2004, 05:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

wow...nothing new...i am searching and still checking sites..but really i haven't heard a thing that has Alicia in it..even on AllaboutAlicia.com they are waiting.

shucky darn..the one above didn't come out...maybe this will.

[ 04-11-2004: Message edited Dommie ]
Old 04-11-2004, 09:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

well i see this one will come out...

its from allaboutalicia.com and its from 2002
http://www.allaboutalicia.com/

Miss Match on the NBC schedule still hasn't been updated..darn it [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2004, 12:54 AM
Passionate Fan

waiting and waiting!
Ferryboats #30, Desirables #31, LoVe #60, Guardian Angels #18, BGL #23,Harm/Mac, Cordy/Angel #111, Justice Seekers #14, Aurors #274, Brooke/Lucas, Therox, George/Meridith #6 Booth&Brennan #499 Mikita #173 Bo&Dyson #14 Applejacks #100

I knew. Right from the beginning.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

it is getting tireseome isn't IT! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top