Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2019, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the video
Old 09-02-2019, 12:36 AM
Moderator Manager

So if BTK isn't caught until 2000, I wonder why they're showing him? Are they going to just tease him all throughout or will we end the series with BTK lurking in the wings as a case that has yet to be resolved much like the Atlanta child murders?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 09-02-2019, 02:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Maybe going through the seasons and trying to catch him, atm they really don't have anything on him

Old 09-02-2019, 01:19 PM
Elite Fan

It’ll be interesting to see how they handle it but at the time all this is taking place he’s out there doing his thing just as what will become General standards in criminal profiling are just now being made

Kinda like a they’re out actively talking to/trying to catch killers and this guy keeps getting away and the fact their methods aren’t foolproof
Old 09-02-2019, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
So if BTK isn't caught until 2000, I wonder why they're showing him? Are they going to just tease him all throughout or will we end the series with BTK lurking in the wings as a case that has yet to be resolved much like the Atlanta child murders?
I think the spec is that we're seeing him to remind us about what Kemper said about their profile; it's based on the interviews with serial killers who have been caught.

At this time, from what I remember them saying, their profile for him is that he's likely unable to sustain a job or relationships and probably doesn't go to church. None of that was true about Dennis Rader. He he was employed during his killing spree (with maybe a break or two) but the jobs he held were long term jobs. He was a leader at church and he was married from 1971 up until he was caught.

In other words, he was just your average guy which probably helped him get away with it for so long. He would have kept getting away with it if he hadn't started sending letters to the police and the media about his killings--one on a disquette which the police were able to get Metadata from. (It had a Word doc on it with stationary from his church and the police could see that it had been last edited by a Dennis. That set them on the path. )
Old 09-02-2019, 10:35 PM
Moderator Manager

Oh wow so BTK is to show that their methods are not foolproof after all? Daaaaaaammn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
In other words, he was just your average guy which probably helped him get away with it for so long. He would have kept getting away with it if he hadn't started sending letters to the police and the media about his killings--one on a disquette which the police were able to get Metadata from. (It had a Word doc on it with stationary from his church and the police could see that it had been last edited by a Dennis. That set them on the path. )
Why the hell would he do that? Publicity?

Old 09-03-2019, 12:34 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Oh wow so BTK is to show that their methods are not foolproof after all? Daaaaaaammn.

which is what the atlanta murderer needs to do

BUT that was the season 2 case!
Old 09-03-2019, 03:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)

At this time, from what I remember them saying, their profile for him is that he's likely unable to sustain a job or relationships and probably doesn't go to church. None of that was true about Dennis Rader. He he was employed during his killing spree (with maybe a break or two) but the jobs he held were long term jobs. He was a leader at church and he was married from 1971 up until he was caught.
Be interesting to see Holt and Tench's theories on him next season...to see, possibly, how far they were from BTK...

Old 09-03-2019, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Basically.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:09 AM
Moderator Manager

Imagine that. He's already in the news but he still wants more publicity. It'll be very interesting to see if they'll ever tackle BTK next season or if they'll just continue to tease us.

At least somehow their methods did help in a lot of the murder cases and in catching Williams. So even if it doesn't work for all cases, their methods work for some.

Old 09-04-2019, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

indeed

Old 09-04-2019, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Imagine that. He's already in the news but he still wants more publicity. It'll be very interesting to see if they'll ever tackle BTK next season or if they'll just continue to tease us.
By the time he started writing, the case had been cold for about fourteen years so he really wasn't much in the news. He had actually stopped killing in 1991 which is another thing--shows often portray serial killers as people who can't stop but Rader had (although he might have decided to take it up again) and so had the Golden State Killer.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:18 PM
Moderator Manager

How long did he stop the killings and then started them again? He's nuts.

Old 09-05-2019, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Some of his killings were 3 years apart...

Old 09-05-2019, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top