Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2017, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Loving the show, finished all the eps now

I have to say.. Jonathan Groff is meant to play Holden as a bit of a person who has lack of emotions? He only has curiousity for the human mind and will go everywhere to get that information he wants. I do wonder if that's the thing Jonathan Groff was going for because his character seemed a bit the same emotion wise throughout the show as for his partner on the show and Anna Torv showed more emotion throughout. I hope I make sense

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 10-19-2017, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree. Perfect cast

It's a great article
Old 10-19-2017, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think Wendy and Bill will have to keep an eye on him so he doesn't lose his mind
Old 10-19-2017, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Aaron Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by @l3jandra (View Post)
That's cool! Which one were you?
this is me in these pictures

I didn't get to meet any of the cast, but I met David Fincher. He took all the pictures!

It was actually kind of scary because they had to hang me with a rope around my chest and I almost passed out but it turned out well on the show and was a cool experience otherwise

They filmed in Pittsburgh!
Old 10-19-2017, 10:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by @l3jandra (View Post)
I always forget to use sp tags so I'll just wait until the week is over

Kemper is such an interesting character, he's bad yet so friendly
Friendly??? Um, he’s a psychopath, it’s all false.

I’ve watched 4 so far, I was certainly hooked by ep 2. I like that this isn’t just another cop/crime show, the fact that it delves so deeply into the psychology and understanding these behaviours is what makes it unique and interesting to me. So much that they focus on I studied at uni I’m like 2 steps ahead but it’s great seeing what I studied being brought to life.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:47 PM
Moderator Manager

I'm still not done, 3 more eps and I've been busy these days so I can't finish it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartღaflutter (View Post)
I have to say.. Jonathan Groff is meant to play Holden as a bit of a person who has lack of emotions? He only has curiousity for the human mind and will go everywhere to get that information he wants. I do wonder if that's the thing Jonathan Groff was going for because his character seemed a bit the same emotion wise throughout the show as for his partner on the show and Anna Torv showed more emotion throughout. I hope I make sense
I have some problems with how Groff portrayed Holden (not so much with his partner) but I don't know if it's just me stereotyping him which is really bad, I know. I keep flip flopping with the portrayal: some eps he's good, other eps meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie (View Post)
this is me in these pictures

http://i63.tinypic.com/2gwrrs2.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/w7ejr5.jpg

I didn't get to meet any of the cast, but I met David Fincher. He took all the pictures!

It was actually kind of scary because they had to hang me with a rope around my chest and I almost passed out but it turned out well on the show and was a cool experience otherwise

They filmed in Pittsburgh!
Thanks for sharing, this is so wonderful especially cause you met David.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Eyes (View Post)
I’ve watched 4 so far, I was certainly hooked by ep 2. I like that this isn’t just another cop/crime show, the fact that it delves so deeply into the psychology and understanding these behaviours is what makes it unique and interesting to me. So much that they focus on I studied at uni I’m like 2 steps ahead but it’s great seeing what I studied being brought to life.
This.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-20-2017, 12:01 AM
Ultimate Fan

Old 10-20-2017, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartღaflutter (View Post)
Loving the show, finished all the eps now

The overall performance grew on me quite a bit after seeing all the episodes. I do think he's being played as a bit...off. He's played as both a choir boy newbie and an arrogant investigator. JG plays both of those. What's interesting about the performance is that even though he's hitting those notes, he maintains a similar low key temperament even when he's trying to play the serial killers. He slips so easily into that role of empathizing with them that it's kind of spooky to watch.

I think his performance was very intentional so I don't think it was bad. I think he hit exactly the notes he wanted to hit. But I can also see why it might not have worked for some people. I feel like Carr and Tench already had established characters while Holden feels like he's still finding himself.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:56 PM
Moderator Manager

Btw, it's already Saturday on my side of the world so tags come off today (although we didn't use them so... LOL).

Old 10-21-2017, 12:31 AM
Ultimate Fan

Old 10-21-2017, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just finished all the episodes! Is it still a mystery who that guy is that they show at the beginning of the episodes (and the end of episode 10), or did I miss something?
ღღღ
Old 10-21-2017, 10:18 PM
Moderator Manager

^ I just finished all the eps too. I think it's still a mystery. He obviously looks like a serial killer and I thought he'd be caught by the end but it's all still vague now.

Also what exactly happened to Holden in the end? Was Kemper really trying to kill him or was he just super overwhelmed and on the verge of a panic attack? I felt for him during that principal ordeal, I wanted him to win but it just got worse for him.

And I think I know why I'm lukewarm to Holden. It's Debbie. I don't like her at all and I'm glad they're done. Hopefully. I won't miss her.

Old 10-21-2017, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by infallible love (View Post)
I just finished all the episodes! Is it still a mystery who that guy is that they show at the beginning of the episodes (and the end of episode 10), or did I miss something?
They weren't specific but clues seem to suggest it's the BTK Killer.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:24 AM
Ultimate Fan

Old 10-22-2017, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

As a huge Criminal Minds fan , this show is on my list …
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top