Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2018, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

Mayans MC (FX) #1: The first SOA Spinoff is here!

Mayans MC

More OP to come

Last edited by Mi||iê Måë; 09-15-2018 at 01:50 PM
Ropetuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Thanks for starting this.

{taek su mi sun}
fall into your smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:15 AM
Elite Fan

No problem!

Forgot to add #1 and (FX) but oh well
Old 09-12-2018, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

You can update the title for the first two weeks. Just double click next to it on the board page.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 09-12-2018, 03:09 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks

Some thoughts

- First two episodes were great! I hope we get past the cartel stuff, it feels like a genetic crime drama sometimes and not a biker show

- EZ is informing to the FEds about the club and the cartels partnership! EZ keeps telling him to keep the club out of charges but I think the agent he's working for will screw him

- Edward James Olmos is fire as expected

- EZ sure is burning the candle at both ends. Being an informant for the Feds while hiding it from the club meanwhile Angel is working with a group called the Rebels with two other MC members behind the rest of the MCs back who are pushing back at the cartel. If EZ gets discovered y the pres and Vice President of the MC he's dead

Last edited by Ropetuned; 09-12-2018 at 03:16 PM
Ropetuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for those..

I still want to know what kind of deal that Ez decided to work w/ DEA?!?!

I never care about Ez/Emily since I feel like Emily and Miguel have more chemistry..

Plus glad that most of cast speak Spanish since I was so worry that they won't..

Plus it seems that Emily knew what she's getting into w/ Miguel, so In ever understand why she want to leave Miguel for Ez?? But of course, it's all drama.. *deep sigh*

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
Thanks for those..

I still want to know what kind of deal that Ez decided to work w/ DEA?!?!

I never care about Ez/Emily since I feel like Emily and Miguel have more chemistry..

Plus glad that most of cast speak Spanish since I was so worry that they won't..

Plus it seems that Emily knew what she's getting into w/ Miguel, so In ever understand why she want to leave Miguel for Ez?? But of course, it's all drama.. *deep sigh*
I'm curious about the deal as well. I honestly see EZ getting screwed one way or another in this deal if I'm being completely honest..

Pretty sure they're going with Emily and EZ still love each other after all these years. Which is very true. And also the whole, Miguel lying to Emily so she can't trust him while EZ tells her the truth when she asks.... I'm assuming this is where they're going with it. Plus Sarah did an interview where she said she doesn't think Emily will make it too long if she's in situations where she can't choose things/make decisions for herself....

{taek su mi sun}
Old 09-13-2018, 09:56 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ Yeah, that's what I was saying about the deal bec I have feeling that he will get screw or feel overwhelm on what he just realize when he decide to help them..

Plus Angel and that DEA agent, it seems that they have relationship or secret relationship, so I wonder what will happen if thing go down..

Ahh, no wonder.. Thanks for mention on Sarah's comments since I haven't see any of their interview..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:30 AM
Elite Fan

EX killed a cop and was going to prison for life but the cop was dirty so they shaved 8 years off his sentence plus he has a deal with the DEA that if he gives them enough intel to put Miguel and other members he'll walk free

I love the difference between Jax And EZ: Jax grew up around the MC and it was his future whereas EZ wants nothing to do with them and was headed to Stanford originally.

I actually think Angel is more interesting than EZ

Like Tara in SOA Emily seems very intelligent with common sense so how she's willingly having a family with the leader of the cartel is ridiculous. I know they hinted that Emily had an abortion but I'm willing to bet their kid is out there somewhere IE: adopted
Old 09-13-2018, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
^ Yeah, that's what I was saying about the deal bec I have feeling that he will get screw or feel overwhelm on what he just realize when he decide to help them..

Plus Angel and that DEA agent, it seems that they have relationship or secret relationship, so I wonder what will happen if thing go down..

Ahh, no wonder.. Thanks for mention on Sarah's comments since I haven't see any of their interview..
Yeah. I just think it's too good to be true that everything works out well for EZ, especially this soon, in this type of show. I'm thinking the cartel and then eventually Miguel will find out the truth and crap will go down. Which may be the catalyst, along with EZ helping find her son, for Emily leaving Miguel.

There is definitely something going on between them or has been or almost is.

You're welcome. I saw it on Twitter yesterday.... or maybe it was Tumblr. It was one of the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
EX killed a cop and was going to prison for life but the cop was dirty so they shaved 8 years off his sentence plus he has a deal with the DEA that if he gives them enough intel to put Miguel and other members he'll walk free.

Like Tara in SOA Emily seems very intelligent with common sense so how she's willingly having a family with the leader of the cartel is ridiculous. I know they hinted that Emily had an abortion but I'm willing to bet their kid is out there somewhere IE: adopted
Thankfully the truth got found out instead of EZ rotting in prison for longer.

I wonder that, too. Maybe we'll get flashbacks on them. I feel like it could be that in the beginning she didn't know anything and he just made her feel good and she fell for him before finding out the truth. They do say love is blind, so maybe that's it. Even strong women fall for that. I feel it could have something to do with having lost EZ and needing to fill that void. But I don't think it's ever been mentioned how long Emily and Miguel have been together. So I have no idea.

I agree. It would be a missed opportunity for their kid to have been aborted instead of given up for adoption. Some are speculating that the boy EZ helped in the Pilot could be the kid. I kind of agree because it'd seem so out of the blue for a random kid, but it could also just have been more proof that EZ is good no matter what he does while keeping up the charade in the cartel.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 09-13-2018, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

I dunno about the kid in the pilot being his. I think it was just there to show that EZ still has morals and to make a connection to the rebels.

I think either Angel or EZs dad will take a bullet due to EZ being caught up in everything
Old 09-13-2018, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Oh no. Not EZ's dad.... but it'll be him more than likely I feel. Or even both, but one survives? Either way though, it's gonna suck so much.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 09-13-2018, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

I love them both for sure. Even though he isn't the showrunner he still writes episodes and stuff and you know how he loves to do tragedy and loss. Someone will get killed because of Angel and EZ playing for other sides. I kinda figured that Angel would have feelings for Adelita.

There was a cool theory about the mangy dog in the first episode representing Jax or EZs mom much like the homeless women that showed af during/after big moments in SOA but the dog wasn't in the second episode it was a scorpion. So I'm assuming every episode will have some animal tie in based on the title and it's place in the Mayan calendar
Old 09-13-2018, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I'm not prepared for his dad to be killed. But then again I don't see Angel being killed. I feel like since both brothers are going against the cartel, they'll definitely lose their dad as punishment for them both. ):

I love how the show is able to incorporate romance angles without taking away from the overall feel of the show so far.

Interesting theory.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 09-14-2018, 07:30 AM
Elite Fan

Like I said in an earlier post, I actually like Angel more than I do EZ but he's the lead so he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

I haven't heard anything about a renewal but it's only the third episode.

It was the most basic cable TV series viewed of 2018 so there's that.