Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2015, 10:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by i never learn (View Post)
of course he was. he didn't want to take responsibility for showing a little tough love.

Which only tells me that he wasn't much of a parent. Although I will give Don credit for stepping in a few times when he had to.

By the way, I found this article that compared Betty with Megan - 1969 Megan Draper Equals 1959 Betty Draper at erikadprice
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't agree with you. I think Betty was being a normal parent, who could be both warm and something of a disciplinarian.
And present. She was there. She could be cold. But she also had her warm moments.

And Don could be empathetic but that's much easier to be when you see your kids. My goodness, he was going to outright abandon them in the first season. If Rachel hadn't shut him down, he may have. He missed birthday parties to get drunk.

He prioritized his libido over his kids.

So I never suddenly went soft on Betty. I've been defending her since season 1.
Quote:
You can defend Betty all you want, and that’s fine, but I, for one, am in a position to know what mid 20th century parents were like, because I had them.
On this note, I've seen so many people say they see their mothers/grandmothers in Betty.
Old 05-16-2015, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Is there a new thread somewhere?
My LJ
Old 05-17-2015, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

New Thread