Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

they are, but sally spent all that time idolizing don, and since the show has seven seasons, i don't feel like it would be completely odd if we got just one season of sally growing closer to betty.
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Agreed. But I do also enjoy those Don/Sally scenes. I'd just like to see all of them in a less contentious place.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

I think that Sally has moments of wanting to be closer to Betty (see those scenes when Sally got her period), but I also see how and why Sally responds better to Don's style of parenting. I'm pretty sure that Sally's even too young to be part of the group at Woodstock, but I would love for her to listen to some Joplin or Hendrix soon enough. Or even if her Beatles love hasn't waned and she's really really into The White Album or Abbey Road.

But that's not on the parenting side so much...
Old 02-13-2013, 09:47 AM
Supreme Fan

I understand why Sally sides with Don (not sure if that's the right way to put it but yeah). He's pretty much never around and she's with Betty all the time. She misses him and for that hardly ever picks up when he does something wrong. Betty on the order hand is there all the time and it's much easier for Sally to pour all of her frustration out on her.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Betty is the full time parent with strict rules and routines and checking their homework. Don is the weekend parent with a killer apartment in the city and takes her to grown up parties. Of course she prefers daddy's way of doing things.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

But I think Sally's like for Don started well before the divorce. For some of the reasons you mentioned (he's not home often enough) but also because of the differences in Don and Betty's personalities. Don's hard, but I think he understands the need for children to play and explore, whereas Betty wants everyone to be a miniature adult as soon as they can talk and walk.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i think sally has always misconstrued her relationship with her father. he's either a friend or someone she can look after, but he has hardly ever been a parent to her. now betty, she's a cold fish a lot of the time, even bullying sally into falling in line, yet we've already seen who sally would run to in a crisis. and it ain't don. i think if anything, she'll grow a spine of steel, stay away from drugs and alcohol and succeed both her parents in every aspect of life.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:20 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
i think sally has always misconstrued her relationship with her father. he's either a friend or someone she can look after, but he has hardly ever been a parent to her.
Yes, exactly. It still amazes me how someone as young as Sally is so mature in the way she thinks and understands what's going on around her (when Don and Betty separated for the first time, when her grandfather passed away). I'll never forget the time she told Don "you say things and you don't mean them and you can't just do that". She knows it, Don knows it and yet he acts as though he's oblivious to what she's telling him.

Last edited by prettytinydots; 02-20-2013 at 06:35 AM
prettytinydots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

don probably believes he doesn't have to listen to anyone else. ever! he knows it all and that's the end of that. i'm hoping peggy has a stand alone episode this season though. it would be great to see how she's becoming don's successor.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:59 AM
Supreme Fan

Don thought since he put in the "effort" in his second marriage ( kudos to him for not cheating, big whoops) that he should have been patted on the back followed with a "good job Don" but the minute Megan wanted something for herself, he was all buhu poor me, see you. He's incredibly selfish. The moment Peggy told him to shut up was five seasons coming.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

matt only made megan an actress just so don could be vindicated in acting like a knob head again! that's it. you have to admit though, it's pretty convenient that megan fcked her boss, married him and then revealed she's an actress. they def deserve each other.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:39 AM
Supreme Fan

(aw you said knob head, you know what that made me think of)

That's true but you know, the less I see of Megan the better so good for you Don for walking away - although something tells me she's going to be around suffocating this show for more eps to come. How fun.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

YES! i've adopted their slang!

i honestly have no clue what's in store for the new season. and a part of me thought yesterday, maybe i'll end up adoring mm. just maybe! but what if matt continues to just say eff you? i'm hoping his awesome losing streak taught him a lesson. dear god, please, let this show return to it's grace!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:45 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
i'm hoping his awesome losing streak taught him a lesson.
Oh I'm sure it has hit home but just not in the right way. I have this feeling that he's now going to want to prove to everyone that his vision was "right" which just means more Megan this time around. And you know, I adore this show and I do miss it but damn if that character brought this show down (mainly because of what she turned Don into).
Old 03-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mad Men - On-Air Promo, Affair: Mad Men – AMC

this teaser stinks.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top