Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2018, 02:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

No joke! Talk about dragging a series out. It would be nice to discover the series like, now, or in another year so you wouldnt have to wait between all of the seasons lol.

I cannot believe that the show started in 2010 and only has 16 episodes. Its absolutely ridiculous when you think about it. lol. Like, its been 8 years. That's like watching 2 episodes a year haha.

I decided to start rewatching!

Last edited by Alexa; 11-22-2018 at 02:17 PM
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

British shows. It's like that Good Place joke.

Old 11-23-2018, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

that is hilarious. very luther. is that how a lot of british shows work? i mean i guess it drags a series out and so you dont feel like you are without it forever lol. It also helps when the actors only film when they are available i guess.

but i think it would make people lose interest faster.

i rewatched all of season 1 last night, just loved it. Now onto season 2.
Old 11-26-2018, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Finished my rewatch. Once I started the episodes I couldn't stop! Was really into them this time and now cannot wait for the new ones.

Season 1 was amazing. So so so good. I just love AlIce. She is just incredible. I wish we knew why she killed her parents. Her connection with Luther was one of my favorite moments ever. Justin was also an amazing character and it had the most episodes. I just really loved season 1, definitely my favorite season.

Season 2 wasn’t as strong with just 4 episodes and without Alice around as much but they were still really strong. Jenny was okay and it was nice to see Luther in a sort of father figure role. The finale of season 2 was a great episode! 2x03 and 2x04 were two of the strongest and most memorable episodes imo. I think season 2 will be my 2nd favorite season.

Season 3 bored me a bit to be honest. It just didn’t have the same fire and spark for me as the first two seasons. It seemed a lot more serious and I didn’t like Justin going against Luther, that wasn’t a fun storyline to watch. I’m glad he turned out to be on his side but then they go an kill him?! WTF! WHYYYY. It felt unnecessary. I am really going to miss him. I also found the cases sort of boring. But I of course loved the finale of season 3 because we got to see Alice again. God she is just perfect. That was a fantastic episode. I love that he couldn’t choose between them until Alice nodded that it was okay and then he chose to save Mary. Still a bit confused if that decision was pre-meditated or not. Like, did he choose to kill Alice thinking the killer would kill Mary instead? Or did he genuinely pick to save Mary? Did he only pick Mary because of Alice’s smirk? And knowing Alice was okay with it? Or did he choose to save Mary because he figured Alice could get out of it? Alice says the end “clever decision”… still confused about this? Guess its up for interpretation. Also why did he throw his jacket into the water? Because he was leaving the police force and going off with her so he no longer needed his detective coat? That definitely felt the most like a series finale imo.

Season 4 was good, I think I preferred it to season 3 because the episodes were really strong, but at the same time, being only 2 episodes doesnt make it as memorable. On top of that, there was no Alice. I do love though that Luther cares about her so much. Still dont think she is dead and again I like that it is up for interpretation. The last shot of Luther looking at her photo was great, I think it was saying he was set out to find her, which I like. But I am so happy there is going to be more episodes.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
that is hilarious. very luther. is that how a lot of british shows work? i mean i guess it drags a series out and so you dont feel like you are without it forever lol. It also helps when the actors only film when they are available i guess.

but i think it would make people lose interest faster.
Yeah a lot of British shows air only a handful of episodes every year or two. Even the sitcoms I watch only have 6 episodes at a time. I do think they do it to accommodate the actors (and writers) but the wait sucks.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

that is so strange. ive watched quite a few british series but never realized that before...
Old 11-28-2018, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

On the contrary, as a British citizen myself who watches a lot of British TV shows, Luther and Sherlock are the only rare occurrences of this, but only because they had no plans of coming back and then they decided that they were.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:47 PM
Master Fan

LightYears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:55 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the news. Nice to see there will be more Luther and to get confirmation of Ruth Wilson coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
On the contrary, as a British citizen myself who watches a lot of British TV shows, Luther and Sherlock are the only rare occurrences of this, but only because they had no plans of coming back and then they decided that they were.
I'm sure there are many shows there that air yearly but it just seems to me the long waits and short seasons are much more common with British shows than in the US. Just off the top of my head shows like Peaky Blinders, Broadchurch, Miranda, Cuckoo, Chewing Gum and even Black Mirror before it was on Netflix all had irregular schedules.
Old 11-29-2018, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

wait, season 5 plus another season??? That makes me SO happy.

Cant wait to see Ruth Wilson, I just hope Alice isn't actually dead.

I used to watch Miranda but I watched it all way later on, but I do remember waiting for episodes at the end of the series and not knowing when they were coming. Didnt they wait like a whole year between or something?
Old 11-29-2018, 09:53 PM
Elite Fan

There was actually a 2 year wait for the last season.

Old 12-01-2018, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

im so excited i cant wait!!! just that one shot of alice yassssss
Old 12-04-2018, 11:37 PM
Elite Fan

Yes just seeing that has me so hyped.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I watched the first two episodes!

Ill probably wait until friday to watch the final 2.

Dont read below if you haven't watched yet. (Not putting in spoiler tags since is did air but want to give people a heads up just in case)

501 was amazing, loved it. Felt like a good old fashioned Luther episode. Loved the twist at the end, I knew the lady was suspicious. Seeing Alice again was so surprising I did not expect it to happen so quickly, I thought we'd only see her for maybe the last episode. Does anyone know what "whatcha" means?

502 OMG THIS EPISODE I CANNOT. ALICE AND FREAKIN LUTHER. I always wanted to know what happened after they went off together! They were actually together. Holy crap. So many answers in the episode. I just... IM SO EXCITED. And you could totally tell the entire time how hurt he was to see her and how upset he was she faked her death but then she kept saying he left first so I need to know the whole story there! Who really left and why? UGH. I hope they tell us. And it makes me even more curious to know what the last 2 episodes are going to entail. Im so sad there are only 4 why cant we have a freaking proper season ugh.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:58 PM
Absolute Fan

Anyone watch the finale?

I loved that it was on every night this week.

I feel like I need a re-watch of the whole series to properly process everything that happened. Everything seemed to catch on Luther and the big question is, is Alice really dead this time?
Kelly2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top