Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

LOL yeah I always forget that the new episodes are on Weds. too because USA Network always has SVU marathons on Tuesdays.

Just a few more hours, so excited!

Emma♥Neal
Old 10-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

Intense episode for Liv/Cragen!

Love it!

Hope I'm home in time for the new episode. Otherwise I have to wait till tomorrow.

| JOIN the mentalist| icon
Old 10-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really loved that episode. It's too bad Liv never gets that much time with Simon. I get that he's an adult and has his own life but still. I wish we got to see Liv on the phone with him or something.

Wahoo 3 more hours!
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
LOL I'm sorry didn't mean to make you cry!
Huh? What do you mean? About the comment because it's perfectly fine. You didn't upset me? When I was talking about Olivia? That's actually a good thing. I was missing the point a little bit I think. But you said how it's just gonna take a really long time and we have to go with that. Actually a thought just occured to me, now here's irony for you: If this was another situation and Elliot was still around but Olivia was having a bad reaction, Elliot's probably the only person she'd let in, to let support her etc. He's probably the only person she'd feel happy, able etc. to confide in. Like maybe all the stuff with Simon? Do you think that's right you guys? Oh this is so cruel.

Quote:
We could but then where would the realism be?
Mmmm... Maybe. But does it have to be so painful and upsetting and hard to watch?

Quote:
It's always those episodes of SVU (present episodes included) that I like the most, because I can relate to that darkness. It's not an easy place to get out of.
Maybe you make a point there. But even if it is something to really get stuck into and invested in and really get behind Olivia about, still doesn't mean it's easy/enjoyable to watch. I don't know maybe I'm just being too quick to make assumptions. I haven't seen eppy 2 yet so maybe it won't be so sad when I see it in about 3 weeks! I got so fed up of not knowing when the S13 premiere was that I looked it up on the Universal Channel website. Premiere is 16 October!! This Sunday though we have the "E! True Life Story: Mariska Hargitay" so that's very exciting!!!

Quote:
That's awesome. I'll have to look into them. Do you know where I can find them? Probably amazon or something like that.
Yeah Amazon or do you know play.com? Just have a look around to find where it's cheapest. I think it's really worthwile! It's very interesting!

Quote:
That one I have seen but I won't get it. I could barely get through a section in my pysch class back in high school where we were studying murderers and other bad people. I had to do a report on one of them. I got away with doing the guy that did the Oklahoma City bombings but I got so much crap from my friends saying he wasn't a a real murderer but a terrorist- I just couldn't go near all the "real bad guys" because it scared me like crazy.
Fair enough. Yeah it is pretty scarey sometimes.

Quote:
LOL no worries the OP is still a work in progress. I plan to make more things to add to it. I had even planned on making a photo frame for the new cast. I just need to look at other threads to get some inspiration going
Cool. Look forward to seeing it when it's all finished!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Cullen (View Post)
I really like this piece of artwork Ron!! Must've taken you quite a while to make.

Quote:
I have 1-6 and 8&9.
Hehe! I have 1,2, 8 and I just ordered 10 from Amazon. I was gonna get 10 & 11 when I was on holiday in the States earlier in the year because my Dad told me that DVDs are cheaper in America but that was after we went to one massive DVD store. Can't remember the name now. Anyway we didn't get the chance to go to anymore after that. Typical. I'd quite like to get seasons 6 & 7. It all costs money though that's the thing. I don't know about 11 and 12. I quite want to make these last few seasons I've got left with Elliot last as long as possible so I might watch S11 & S12 when they air on channel five. I'll have to see.

Great art Ron!! You're very good at this!!

Anyway I'm off now. I might pop back tomorrow but I think I'm gonna stay away now. Enjoy the rest of S13 you guys!

Think I might go and check out S8.19. I remember that scene. Liv was just all worked up because she thought Simon'd just tried to run her over wasn't she. But it was very out of character for her to beat up the suspect like that. I certainly don't think that was her intention when she went into the interrogetion room was it. Then after it was a very intense scene with Cragen.

Quote:
I really loved that episode. It's too bad Liv never gets that much time with Simon. I get that he's an adult and has his own life but still. I wish we got to see Liv on the phone with him or something.
Yeah maybe. The bit I really loved with Simon and Olivia was when they were talking about what breakfast cereals they liked or something and she just laughed. It was so lovely and warm and genuine. It was lovely to see Olivia making that connection with her brother!! I actually saw that clip first just by itself in a mv on youtube. I think it was one with bloopers and actual show footage. Anyway I just thought it was a blooper because it just seemed so natural and genuine and heartfelt. Mariska Hargitay's just that good huh? She can act anything!! Properly intense scenes, really genuine natural moments and scenes like at the end of the premiere when she just had to really bring it and be genuinely amazing!!

Anyway I hope S13 is a good one for you guys and remember: Don't give up on Olivia. We just have to be there for her and keep sending those "we support you" vibes through the telly.

It's been fun with you guys and I'll be back intermittently I'm sure.

for now. xxx
My ships : "Kitty"/Richard, David/Snow, Lois/Clark, Danny/Lindsay. : Nate/Tori, Neal/Sara, Robert/Kitty & Matt/Dani. : Nate/Tori, Teddy/Henry, Cole/Phoebe, Tom/Lynette (S8), Addie/Pete, Olivia/Brian, Paul/Izzy, Charlie/Angelo, Jess/Danny, Nick/Amanda, Matt/Lauren.
My shows: DesperateHousewives, C(K)astle, Brothers&Sisters, 9-1-1, TheMentalist!!!

Last edited by PAL Awesomeness!!!; 10-05-2011 at 04:12 PM
Old 10-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

PAL, seriously love your posts. They are so fun to respond to

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAL Awesomeness!!! (View Post)
Mmmm... Maybe. But does it have to be so painful and upsetting and hard to watch?
Well just look at it this way- it may be "upsetting and hard to watch" but that's what makes great television. We get so invested that our emotions reach out to the characters as if they are real.

Quote:
Yeah Amazon or do you know play.com? Just have a look around to find where it's cheapest. I think it's really worthwile! It's very interesting!
So how many guides are there?

I saw one of them from 1999 and another from 2009 which looked really sweet. Just might get the recent one

Quote:
I really like this piece of artwork Ron!! Must've taken you quite a while to make.
Thanks, that Elliot/Olivia did take a while to make but it was worth it

Quote:
Great art Ron!! You're very good at this!!
Thank you. I definately continue to make more. I keep saying I'll do something other than Olivia arts but let's face it, that's not really gonna happen. She's my favorite character. And if I do make others they'll have Olivia with other characters like I've been doing.

Quote:
Think I might go and check out S8.19. I remember that scene. Liv was just all worked up because she thought Simon'd just tried to run her over wasn't she. But it was very out of character for her to beat up the suspect like that. I certainly don't think that was her intention when she went into the interrogetion room was it. Then after it was a very intense scene with Cragen.
Yeah that's what was so great- it was out of character. She completely lost it. Mariska was incredible in that scene with Cragen and the scene before where she was beating up the perp and was like, "Get off me!"

Quote:
Anyway I hope S13 is a good one for you guys and remember: Don't give up on Olivia. We just have to be there for her and keep sending those "we support you" vibes through the telly.
Thanks. Won't give up on Liv. She needs someone in her corner. So can't wait to cap the episode tomorrow
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Ultimate Fan

Love seeing all the discussion's going on in here.

Keeps the thread so nice and active!

Old 10-06-2011, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Same here, the discussions are great.

Okay so let's talk about last night's episode:

Where do I even start?! Should I start with the characters or the storyline first? IDK but here goes something.

Regular Cast

Liv- I don't know how many times I can comment on her performance. She's always been amazing that's a known fact but season 13 we are just seeing this whole other side to Liv that we've never really seen and Mariska is just nailing it every single episode.

Loved the looks Amaro would sometimes give her because he knows that she still hasn't moved on and would rather work alone but because of the Cap the two have to work together so the two are pretty much forced much to Olivia's personal refusal.

Her scene with Casey was awesome. I still don't mind the fact that it's taking Liv sometime to move on, she can take all the time she wants but in that time it's nice to see others call her out on things rather than it being just the captain.

Casey- So happy for her return! She was kind of a bitch but I'd rather have some Casey than no Casey at all so that was great.

And dude that tension between her and Liv was just downright epic for me. And then you could feel the tension throughout the episode whenever they came in contact with each other. Despite their long history because they were on the outs Olivia simply refered to Casey as 'counselor'.

Munch- There is never a moment where I'm not gonna like this guy.

Fin- Love seeing him work with the newbies. He makes it seem so easy.

The Newbies:

Amaro- Geeze can he stop making me like him. I so badly don't want to but I figure one newbie like is better than none. He really has a way with people but in a way that hasn't really been seen before by other detectives.

Rollins- Yeah three episodes in and I'm still not really "feeling her". I keep hoping that will change but all I can do is sit and tolerate her scenes but she just doesn't have that 'wow factor' yet. Maybe if we get a better centered Rollins episode that might change but I'm not holding my breath.

The Storyline

The Story- Once again another story ripped from the headlines but it worked- I felt bad for both parties.

Anthony Keyvan/Arturo- I was trying to figure out where I had seen this kid and then it hit me, "The Space Between" which stared Melissa Leo which was about two strangers stranded together due to the events of 9/11.

Gotta hand it to this kid. I adored his performance in "The Space Between" and I loved his performance here. It really surprised me that he ended up being the killer because he seemed like such a good and descent kid. For him to find out about who he really was, was heartbreaking. Greed and family took him over the edge. He just wanted to have a father and when he found out who that father was he wanted to be loved and not disowned.

Then there was his friendship with Ella and the jealousy that went with it. He liked Ella but she liked that big fancy rich kid. He was so sweet to her even though we didn't really get any scenes with them you could tell that he appreciated and adored her. He just wanted to be her prince.

Kyle MacLachlan/Andrew Raines- Dude it totally freaked me out at first to think he could've been the rapist. So glad he wasn't. Still though he was still a prick. It was heartbreaking how he could have a son and said son not mean anything to him. It's sad that there are people actually like that.

Final Thoughts

-Okay I have to comment on the name of Andrew Raines wife, Kathleen. That made me want to cry because even though I am not a Kathleen fan at all (the wife, not the daughter), the only person I could think of was Elliot. Are they trying to slip in those little tricks to torture us?!

-Really enjoyed this episode. 3 episodes in and all ready it's been a great season (setting aside the fact that there's no Elliot)- this show is proving that it can go on without him.

-The preview for next week looks awesome. I am so ready to see T.R. Knight again.
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-06-2011, 06:08 AM
Ultimate Fan

Kyle is a great actor.

I think it's good to see a guy detective having a way with people in different type of tone. I think Elliot's tone was a lot more forth coming and hard on. I think that with that being toned down, seeing this perspective with Amaro is a nice change.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, Kyle was amazing in this episode.

Good episode, I liked it but I really do miss Elliot.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 10-06-2011, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I couldn't agree more. I loved the force Elliot brought but seeing this softer undertone is a nice change.

What a shame I was so not really wanting to like the new season. The only reason I originally was sticking around was because of Liv. She's still my main reason but I'm loving the new season regardless, wasn't expecting that
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Ultimate Fan

I wasn't excited until they signed on KG and DL.

And then they said both Novak and Cabot were coming back and then I got excited before it even came back.

I think this season is doing good. I mean Elliot is a big piece missing, but I think they did well with filling in that missing piece.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know if I'd call it "filling in that missing piece". That sounds like they're trying to take CM's place, I would say more like starting a new puzzle but that's just me

~*~*~*~

How about some arts from this week?

Emma♥Neal
Old 10-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Ultimate Fan

Intense scene!

They both did so great.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They totally did. That was my favorite scene from the whole episode. I just loved how Casey called Liv out the way we've seen Cragen do. Don't get me wrong, I love Liv (platonically of course) but you know Amaro or Rollins or even Munch won't bother to say anything to her so it's interesting.

Another interesting dynamic is the fact that we've had Alex be all sympathetic and here we have Casey wanting Liv to do her job the way she used to despite what she's going through.

And yes another art from me

Emma♥Neal
Old 10-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great artwork. Thanks for sharing them with us.

I liked last night`s episode, which was a nice return to the hard hitting cases.

As for Casey and Olivia, anyone that has watched the show as long as i have knows that they have had some tense confrontations and last night`s was no exception. I think that Casey did the right thing in calling out Liv. She put it out on the table in a tough but fair manner. Of course i like that Amaro left the room before the ladies had their confrontation. He wisely got himself out of the line of fire with Casey and Liv.