Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2006, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jericho Appreciation #1 - Where the Most Unlikely Heroes Emerge

CBS's Official Jericho Website

CBS - Wed - Premieres Sept 20th 8pm Eastern

JERICHO is a drama about what happens when a nuclear mushroom cloud suddenly appears on the horizon, plunging the residents of a small, peaceful Kansas town into chaos, leaving them completely isolated and wondering if they're the only Americans left alive. Fear of the unknown propels Jericho into social, psychological and physical mayhem when all communication and power is shut down. The town starts to come apart at the seams as terror, anger and confusion bring out the very worst in some residents. Jake Green (Skeet Ulrich), prodigal son of the town's mayor, becomes a reluctant hero when a school bus crashes as a result of the explosion. Mayor Johnston Green (Gerald McRaney) is conflicted with the return of his estranged son, but is called to action when the town begins to riot. Johnston's wife, Gail (Pamela Reed), is the strong, savvy first lady of the town who runs interference between her husband and her favorite son. Attempting to usurp the mayor's power is Johnston's political adversary, Gray Anderson (Michael Gaston), who is not above putting his personal agenda before the welfare of the very community he wants to lead.

Though the cloud appears in the distance, it affects all the residents in Jericho, including Dale Turner (Erik Knudsen), the 16-year-old trailer park kid everybody picks on, who finds himself in a position that could change his status; Robert Hawkins (Lennie James), a mysterious stranger who seems to be a jack-of-all-trades as he steps in to help restore order; Heather Lisinski (Sprague Grayden), a pretty young schoolteacher on the bus with her students returning from a class trip when the glare from the explosion causes a terrible accident; Emily Sullivan (Ashley Scott), Jake's high school sweetheart who lives outside of town and innocently goes about her business unaware of the catastrophe, Bonnie Richmond (Shoshannah Stern), a pretty 17-year-old who is hearing impaired; and Bonnie's older brother Stanley (Brad Beyer), Jake's best friend from childhood and an avid car lover who works on the family farm. In this time of crisis, as sensible people become paranoid, personal agendas take over and well-kept secrets threaten to be revealed, some people will find an inner strength they never knew they had, and the most unlikely heroes will emerge.

Old 08-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Banned

I was wondering if there was a thread about this new show. Someone finally made one for it. I want to watch this new show because I think it has an interesting premise. I read on some website that Jericho had the worst odds to survive a full season out of all the new shows but I think it looks good. The pilot episode is up on youtube.com. I watched it last night and it was really good. If you're gonna watch it on youtube.com, you might want to hurry cause it may be taken off since it's a new show.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ah, thanks for the youtube info. But I'll wait for the premiere.

But the worst odds of surviving? Poor show. But it has a very unique premise (but it does remind me of Invasion somewhat) but still, I think it'll be worth watching.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:39 AM
Absolute Fan

I am checking this one out, its sound real good. I'll probably watch the pilot on YouTube later.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:48 PM
Absolute Fan

I watched the pilot on YouTube. It was alright. I'll probably watch one or two more episodes to see if its going to improve.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Uh oh. Was the pilot not very inspiring? Sometimes in a show like this, with so much going on, the pilot can be hard to really show all the depths.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Absolute Fan

Plus, watching it on YouTube where the screen isn't huge and the qualitiy is blurry doesn't help. I'll watch it probably again when they reair it.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

When does Bones air during the new season?

I'm not being totally OT. It's just that I was really interested in checking out Jericho, but I'm going to be having classes Wednesday nights come fall, so I can only tape one... And, if it's a contest between Jericho and Bones... I'm gonna have to go with Bones, you know?
Old 08-15-2006, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

a Jericho thread.... I think this will be a good show
Old 08-16-2006, 12:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

A Jericho thread

I saw the pilot a while ago (not on youtube, luckily in great quality ) and I think that the show has a lot of potential!
Of course we have to wait 1 or 2 more episodes to see in which direction they are heading with the story, but I have the feeling that they will come up with some great stuff

Can't wait till September!

LiveJournal // \\ icon credit
Old 08-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This show looks very promising. By the end of the episode, I was already attached to at least a few characters and just interested in what happens next. I think it will be a good show to watch.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 08-19-2006, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr
When does Bones air during the new season?

I'm not being totally OT. It's just that I was really interested in checking out Jericho, but I'm going to be having classes Wednesday nights come fall, so I can only tape one... And, if it's a contest between Jericho and Bones... I'm gonna have to go with Bones, you know?
Sunny, I totally understand.

Jericho airs at 8/7 on Wed. Is that Bone's time too? I forget. I'll have to research and see. I know last year it aired early, at 8/7, then we had Lost, then Invasion. But .... not sure what goes when this year.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

It is on at the same time as Bones, but I am looking forward to this show! It reminds me of Lost in a lot of ways!
Old 08-25-2006, 08:14 PM
Master Fan

Jericho looks great. Oddly enough I found out about the show like a day after I was thinking about Skeet and wondering what he was up too now. Go figure.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:37 PM
Absolute Fan

I saw a promo for this earlier. It looks interesting. I'll probably tune in.
I wanna uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-undo it

LJ
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top