Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2017, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
Yeah, but I seriously don't want this become a problem for the show if they broke up bec I have see that happen on almost every show..
It depends on how bad the break up I suppose.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:11 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Yeah, but I seriously don't want this become a problem for the show if they broke up bec I have see that happen on almost every show..
It's a risk. There are a lot of actors on TV shows who date in real life. For example, GG's Penn & Blake dated then broke up and fast forward to their characters ending up together. I guess as long as they're both still professional about it, it shouldn't affect them working together on the show.

"I'm the Doctor, when people need help,
I never refuse."

dw | kh
Old 06-30-2017, 06:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
It's a risk. There are a lot of actors on TV shows who date in real life. For example, GG's Penn & Blake dated then broke up and fast forward to their characters ending up together. I guess as long as they're both still professional about it, it shouldn't affect them working together on the show.
Yeah even tho at least they have to put their feelings aside.. But hopefully since both are more older than others.. Which that's good thing..
in the whole galaxy...

Steph/credit
Old 06-30-2017, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yeah even tho at least they have to put their feelings aside.. But hopefully since both are more older than others.. Which that's good thing..
I don't really care unless it starts affecting the show.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ya I get why people start dating on set though. You're spending all of this time together... It's just a bummer when it does start effecting the show-especially when the people break up in RL.

Good point that they are a little older. Hopefully they're more mature about how they handle the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Confidence.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ What shows do you got affected by an bad breakup? I hope they will be more mature if it comes to that, but it also depends on how an breakup between them could be.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think an example that really comes to top of mind is OTH. Gossip Girl seems to be another.

I can't speak for certain, but I imagine a lot of that is probably due to age of the cast since they're a bit younger and possibly less mature with how everything is handled.

Because the Liza and Charlie's relationship has gone public, hopefully it's something that goes greatly for them but doesn't have an impact on the show itself.

Confidence.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:18 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah I agree, at least they're both old enough to know that having a relationship surely won't affect their professional life.

I don't know of any show that got affected by the break-up of their co-stars. I know Sophia & Chad dated back when they were doing OTH and their characters got together on the show because of that but then when they broke up, and this is only from stuff I read, the writers/showrunners decided to break their characters apart too.

Looks like we'll get our read through soon!

"I'm the Doctor, when people need help,
I never refuse."

dw | kh
Old 06-30-2017, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, that's awesome! While I still miss him on OITNB, it's exciting to see him doing so well!

Confidence.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think Lucas and Brooke split the second time around because of Chad & Sophia breaking up since that actually happened before BL got back together and if they wanted to make it easier for them during that time, they could have easily not putting them together (which I wouldn't have minded since I was more of an LP fan). Never watched Gossip Girl so I can't comment on that.
Old 07-01-2017, 12:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybug57 (View Post)
I think an example that really comes to top of mind is OTH. Gossip Girl seems to be another.

I can't speak for certain, but I imagine a lot of that is probably due to age of the cast since they're a bit younger and possibly less mature with how everything is handled.

Because the Liza and Charlie's relationship has gone public, hopefully it's something that goes greatly for them but doesn't have an impact on the show itself.
Yup, I agree.. it depend on their ages plus both are older, so I'm sure that they can handle it if they break up unlike like you said on OTH, GG and others that they refuse to have scenes together and stuff like that..
in the whole galaxy...

Steph/credit
Old 07-01-2017, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yup, I agree.. it depend on their ages plus both are older, so I'm sure that they can handle it if they break up unlike like you said on OTH, GG and others that they refuse to have scenes together and stuff like that..
Hopefully that's the case if it gets to that. Jesse Spencer and Jennifer Morrison didn't have that problem on House
Old 07-01-2017, 09:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

With oth, I always believed Chopia were the main reason why Brucas got back together and suddenly became the focus of the show in s2 in the first place, so if they were broken apart for the same reason that feels like a case of what comes around comes back around to me. And I think that's how I'd see it even if I wasn't 110% pro LP and anti BL. Similarly, even though I'm very anti Laurel/Frank and somewhat pro Bonnie/Frank, I would hate to see the writers put BF together and/or break them just because of the actors. But, as you all mentioned, hopefully Liza and Charlie are mature enough not to demand anything.

I didn't know there were any problems with off screen relationships on gg. Didn't follow bts stuff, so I thought Blake/Penn acted professional and they just drew out DS reunion because they were the it couple of the show for the writers (which I always felt they were, even though I shipped NS) and they wanted to make it melodramatic or something.

Though I shipped Cameron/Chase on House, I didn't even know Jennifer and Jesse were ever together.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
With oth, I always believed Chopia were the main reason why Brucas got back together and suddenly became the focus of the show in s2 in the first place, so if they were broken apart for the same reason that feels like a case of what comes around comes back around to me. And I think that's how I'd see it even if I wasn't 110% pro LP and anti BL. Similarly, even though I'm very anti Laurel/Frank and somewhat pro Bonnie/Frank, I would hate to see the writers put BF together and/or break them just because of the actors. But, as you all mentioned, hopefully Liza and Charlie are mature enough not to demand anything.

I didn't know there were any problems with off screen relationships on gg. Didn't follow bts stuff, so I thought Blake/Penn acted professional and they just drew out DS reunion because they were the it couple of the show for the writers (which I always felt they were, even though I shipped NS) and they wanted to make it melodramatic or something.

Though I shipped Cameron/Chase on House, I didn't even know Jennifer and Jesse were ever together.
They were definitely the reason why BL got back together since at the end of S1, the writers were clearly planning to end the BPL triangle at that point. I will always believe the divorce had no part in why BL broke up at the start of S4 since they were already in the midst of it at the start of S3 and still going through until mid S4, which is after LP got together. If Mark & the writers really wanted to make things easier for Chad/Sophia throughout the situation, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to put BL back together in the first place.
I think they broke up after S3 or before the start of S4, so most of the Cameron/Chase romantic stuff occurred after that stuff.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)

There was zero behind the scenes melodrama with on in regards to the show.plus Lisa is a professional. I don't see it impacting the series.