Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2020, 11:37 PM
Moderator Manager

This is why we need more POC showrunners, writers, crew, etc. Especially when the characters on the show are POC.

One thing they did get right was when Oliver wore a barong for his wedding because that's what all men here wear for their wedding. Also Joanna being a low key tiger mom was spot on.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 06-18-2020, 06:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

Definitely..

Really? I don't remember that part, do you know what episode was that?

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 06-18-2020, 10:12 PM
Moderator Manager

What do you mean? Oliver wearing a barong? It was during his wedding to Connor.

I checked Netflix yesterday and we finally have S6 on the site. I think it's earlier than usual as we usually get HTGAWM here around July (sometimes even September).

Old 06-19-2020, 07:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah, that's what I was asking ya since I forget that they got married since I tho that it was off screen..

is that what you want?

Old 06-19-2020, 10:59 PM
Moderator Manager

LMAO! Looks like you forgot some eps from S5. I tend to do that as well when I don't care for some SLs on a show.

Old 06-20-2020, 08:52 AM
Moderator Support Team

That's why it was blank from my mind when it show that they actually ruin them.. I mean, threesome while they are married.. I mean..

is that what you want?

Old 06-20-2020, 11:43 PM
Moderator Manager

But of course you remembered that. That was already from the latest season, during the early eps and not from last season.

I think the last glory days of Coliver for me was S1-S3. The wedding was lovely but it was rushed. They barely had any money and if it wasn't for Connor's dad, that wedding wouldn't push through (financially).

Old 06-21-2020, 08:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

Well, that stuck in my brain!!!! I was like say what?!??!?! I mean, if they just dating, then I'm okay for them to have threesome, but come one!!!!

For sure.. I agree w/ you on that.. I love them in earlier that I was so rooting for them, but now, I just don't care.. Even tho it's suck on how they used LGBT+ to get what they want, but yet, they barely have any scenes unless if it's drama or sex scenes only.. Plus it's not just this ABC, but other network too..

is that what you want?

Old 06-21-2020, 10:01 PM
Moderator Manager

I think I read somewhere that some married gay couples are into that sort of thing.

I agree. They weren't written well. They had SO MUCH potential back in S1 + with Oliver having AIDS but I think what really was the start of them losing steam was when they broke up (S3). It wasn't very clear why Oliver broke up with him and even their reunion was rushed. They didn't even talk about why they broke up and if it was time for them to get back together. It was obvious that the writers just wanted to stir some drama with them to rile up the fans.

Old 06-22-2020, 07:21 AM
Moderator Support Team

I wouldn't trust that bec not all of them unless if they want to spice it up even though, I felt like being married in same-sex would be very different than straight marriage.. Not sure what I think..

But honestly, they just want to give the audience the sex scene when it comes to gay/lesbians/bi couples.. But still.. They always give LGBT+ couple stupid drama when I read that most LGBT+ community just tired of drama plots when they can give straight couple more develop unlike they did w/ LGBT+, I was like that's so accurate.. I mean.. They really underdeveloped couple..

is that what you want?

Old 06-22-2020, 09:37 PM
Moderator Manager

I have yet to watch a TV show with a well-developed LGBTQ+ storyline. Sure some drama is needed but with this show, they will add an OMG moment only to drop it anyway. I thought Oliver's HIV diagnosis would put a strain in his relationship or at least be something of a wedge between them but it was never tackled and that's something the show should address because its an on-going issue in the gay community.

Old 06-23-2020, 07:28 AM
Moderator Support Team

I have even though, there are still remain some problem.. I mean, for example w/ CW, they are so bad bec they always put LGBTQ+ in the background in no matter what.. Plus always have the couple broke up for no reason, etc, etc..

FOX was getting there, but still put them in the background and always gave them stupid drama or no plot at all, just have them in the show..

NBC had some, but we never see them dating even tho all they say I'm gay or bi, but yet, we don't see same-sex couples..

We both know about ABC..

But yeah, I always tho that we will know more about Oliver's HIV diagnosis even tho it seems that they really forget about it.. That's my vibe..

is that what you want?

Old 06-23-2020, 10:49 PM
Moderator Manager

HAHA, I can't believe you cited CW as an example.

What FOX or NBC shows was it? I think cable or streaming sites might be better? Although I can't think of any at the top of my head right now.

Btw, I forgot to post this. Karla gave birth to her 2nd child a few days ago. Her first 1st born isn't even in school yet.

Old 06-24-2020, 05:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

I have to since CW is so bad network when it comes to POC and LGBTQ+ community and that's fact..

W/ FOX show, it would be 911 and spinoff since they rarely to put POC in front and center even tho they don't have big plot unlike others, but at least fans being vocal about it to stop acting like it's diversity when they always put white character in front mostly while to give other little screentime..

And for NBC, it seems that Will & Grace was only one.. I felt that streaming shows are better than cable shows..

Wow, I didn't know that.. Thanks for that..

is that what you want?

Old 06-24-2020, 11:38 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah I did notice with FOX shows they have very little LGBTQ+ rep. I'm noticing NBC is getting better with diversity though. In fairness to the CW, they've at least given rep to LGBTQ+ and POC more than some networks.

Her eldest is only 2 years old. I think they probably wanted their kids to have a close age gap or they just want to have another baby and can do so.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top