Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Extraction team...yeah right...two birds one stone.

Something about Saul that is just off. He now wants to put the man responsible for the Langley bombing in a position of power because "i know him" and on the basis the US will control him. He's already shown Saul doesn't know him as well as he thinks. Too many coincidences of things (seemingly) going wrong around Saul.

Last edited by hoops88; 11-25-2013 at 01:36 PM
Old 11-25-2013, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

was anyone else surprised that carrie didn't tell brody about the baby? plus, what was up with her smoking? it's like the writers all want us to believe she's either trying mess up the kid or she's just going to get an abortion...
Old 11-25-2013, 02:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas forever (View Post)
was anyone else surprised that carrie didn't tell brody about the baby? plus, what was up with her smoking? it's like the writers all want us to believe she's either trying mess up the kid or she's just going to get an abortion...
I accidently stumbled across two spoilers one for 10 and for 11 and they seem to contradict each other in relation to the baby. I am so confused about what is going on in that respect. Don't get the smoking and don't get her not telling him.

I know you all don't care cause you all hate Brody but this has been annoying me so i am going to let it out.

I actually just want them to allow Brody to make his mind up about something even if it puts him at odds with Carrie. She's manipulating him again and he needs to wake up to it. He's no angel but using his guilt to get him to agree to something he didn't want to do, really? When he's clearly not the best man for the job. He's not stable. He was happy to die at first and now he thinks agreeing to be a CIA hitman will bring redemption. Blowing people up wouldn't have brought justice for those kids, shooting some dude to make way for Javadi will not bring redemption just because Carrie and the CIA say so. Let him make his own mind up just once before his story finishes. Take a step back from both sides piggy in the middle manipulation and justification game and work out what he believes. A shout out to the man who chose to fight for his country.

I can't work out how Javadi constitutes a good plan...add Brody in and it just is ripe for failure. On the subject of Brody not being the best man for the job, it begs the question of why Saul is taking the risk. Sure, the assumption is it will make it easier to get rid of Brody as well, but the potential for Brody to mess up and cause an international incident is so high it doesn't seem worth the risk. Going back to season 2 Estes wanted Brody out the way or at the very least to let Walden know what was going on. It was Saul's insistence that Brody be left where he was at Walden's right hand without Walden knowing what was going on. It was also Saul who brought Carrie back on board and effectively shoved her back into Brody's path. If i am remembering correctly and not getting my episodes mixed up Saul had already worked out Carrie was in love with Brody by then as well. Saul also got himself worked up when he realised Estes was planning on having Brody taken out by Quinn. We all naturally assumed that it was Saul's concern for Carrie but maybe it was just concern for his patsy. I also find it odd that the subject of Quinn not following through his orders has not come up yet.

Think Javadi had a point about Saul playing with other people's lives tbh.

Last edited by hoops88; 11-25-2013 at 04:09 PM
Old 11-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I also find the whole 'she was the one to get him ready' bit horrible. Dana truly had the best line, asking for one second if Brody had asked himself if she might even wanna see him. I thought after Carrie told him about her suicide attempt he would stop and not knock...urgh, this scene and action right there is the reason I cannot stand him or this Carrie/ Brody 'lovestory'. And I always root for the anti-hero or the underdog but I can't here...
Dana rocked. I dont get the hate she gets..the actress is good and i do enjoy her scenes i love when she says to brody that she's tired of him, tired of them (when carrie comes along) sometimes between these words i cant remember exactly what she said. I think it was nice, because represents the whole carrie/brody relationship.. im fcking tired of them (as a couple).

Quote:
when i saw her smoking and instantly thought 'omg, you're pregnant goddamn it.. stop it!'

when brody was leaving she called him and i thought she was going to tell him..i think that was her first thought , but then..i dont know why, maybe fear... she gave up on that.

Quote:
I actually just want them to allow Brody to make his mind up about something even if it puts him at odds with Carrie. She's manipulating him again and he needs to wake up to it. He's no angel but using his guilt to get him to agree to something he didn't want to do, really? When he's clearly not the best man for the job. He's not stable. He was happy to die at first and now he thinks agreeing to be a CIA hitman will bring redemption. Blowing people up wouldn't have brought justice for those kids, shooting some dude to make way for Javadi will not bring redemption just because Carrie and the CIA say so. Let him make his own mind up just once before his story finishes. Take a step back from both sides piggy in the middle manipulation and justification game and work out what he believes. A shout out to the man who chose to fight for his country.
but i got the impression that saul also manipulated carrie. Idk i always tend to look from carrie's pov coz shes my favorite but i also like brody outside of his relationship with carrie.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateGirl88 (View Post)

but i got the impression that saul also manipulated carrie. Idk i always tend to look from carrie's pov coz shes my favorite but i also like brody outside of his relationship with carrie.
He new exactly what he had to say to get Carrie to talk Brody into doing what he needed.

I look at most things from Carrie's pov except when Brody's there, I look at his too. I find him interesting. Though admittedly I was calling him for everything in Marine One.

About Quinn, I hadn't realised there was a nice little deleted scene on the dvd from the choice with him.

Last edited by hoops88; 11-25-2013 at 04:44 PM
Old 11-25-2013, 04:16 PM
Elite Fan

I liked the latest episode. My personal highlights were Saul calling Carrie out on smuggling Brody out of the country (it was about time somebody did that) and the Dana/Brody scene. I am usually not a fan of Dana's, but I totally understood where she was coming from in that moment.

I feel sorry for Chris Brody. Not even his own father seems to care for him.

By the looks of things, the writers seem have have everything set up perfectly for a Brody death in the season finale. I don't like to get my hopes up, but it would be nice if they/Showtime don't chicken out this time. I really like Damian Lewis and think he has given a lot of wonderful performances on the show, but the character has got to go. I'm sure Carrie's dignity (or whatever is left of it) would probably breath a big sigh of relief too.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 11-25-2013 at 05:12 PM
Old 11-25-2013, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Now that we are into the final 3 weeks , business is picking up !
I'd like to predict that the best way to end the season would be for Brody to die as he kills the head of Iran .
Saul is so clever he had the Senator dead to rights . If the mission is a success Saul will still be head of CIA!

Glad they quickly got to who the guy is bugging Sauls house and sleeping with Mira . Also I hope we have seen the last of woman , who was helping CIA with banking details . Or at least no more backstory or family .

Carrie Brody good stuff , notice before he saw Dana , she almost told him of the pregnancy.. I figure she held back to keep him focused !

Last edited by Logan; 11-25-2013 at 05:17 PM
Old 11-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Elite Fan

just saw a carrie/quinn sneek peak for the next ep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Logan (View Post)
Now that we are into the final 3 weeks , business is picking up !
I'd like to predict that the best way to end the season would be for Brody to die as he kills the head of Iran .
Saul is so clever he had the Senator dead to rights . If the mission is a success Saul will still be head of CIA!
there are high chances for this to happen imo.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
just saw a carrie/quinn sneek peak for the next ep
me too, which fck carrie and her shtty attitude. one. two, can they please just kiss. I FEEL IT COMING THO! amirite?
Old 11-26-2013, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

Carrie needs to stop, she needs to realize what is really going on. She's not thinking, she is just reacting.. she wants so bad to fix the things that she forgets about herself and the baby. She needs to slow down.

Quote:
me too, which fck carrie and her shtty attitude. one. two, can they please just kiss. I FEEL IT COMING THO! amirite?
i have no faith in that, especially now with Brody back in the picture. Probably next season if they dont kill quinn
Old 11-26-2013, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i predict brody's death and quinn's growth into carrie's life.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
i predict brody's death and quinn's growth into carrie's life.
*prayer circle* for that
Old 11-27-2013, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
*prayer circle* for that
a candlelight vigil will be held every sunday until the season finale.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
a candlelight vigil will be held every sunday until the season finale.
awesome
Old 11-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope Brody is killed, too. And I think Carrie wants to miscarry her baby, tbh.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top