Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2021, 05:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for those..

At least now I have HBO, so I can able to finish the shows that I have been waiting for..

*razzing*

Steph/credit: crash landing
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 09:16 PM
Moderator Manager

Back for good or only for a short time?

Spoiler:

| Kimi Räikkönen

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 05:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

Back for good even tho I told my older one that I don't mind to pay half, so I can watch it..

I really need to finish w/ Watchmen and Dark Material!

Thanks for those..

*razzing*

Old 04-03-2021, 11:44 PM
Moderator Manager

YAY!!! And yes, finish both Watchmen & HDM! Both good. As for me, I'm gonna start on The New Pope & The Young Pope soon.

| Kimi Räikkönen

Old 04-04-2021, 02:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

I know for sure that I will finish Watchmen today and HDM will be the next one on the next week..

I tho that both show are the same one as one show??

Thanks for that..

*razzing*

Old 04-04-2021, 09:52 PM
Moderator Manager

I guess it's the same but they did change the title (not sure why). Once I watch it, I'll let you know.

| Kimi Räikkönen

Old 04-05-2021, 09:25 PM
Moderator Manager

| Kimi Räikkönen

Old 04-05-2021, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I feel conflicted about visiting Chernobyl even if it's a tourist site. Lots of people died there and for me it's a sacred place, not a tourist attraction.
People have visited there & posed for pictures. I think that HBO's miniseries "Chernobyl" helped make visiting there more popular. I wouldn't go there of given a chance. I think that there is a statue of Vladimir Lenin also by 1 of the entrances to Chernobyl & I don't need or want to be reminded of him. Plus with the horror that went on there yeah it seems unnecessary at the least visiting that place.

Last edited by canflam; 04-06-2021 at 08:38 PM
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 05:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

I only have one last episode, but hope that I will finish on my day off..

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I guess it's the same but they did change the title (not sure why). Once I watch it, I'll let you know.
Ahh, thanks..

*razzing*

Old 04-06-2021, 08:28 PM
Moderator Manager

Oh btw, if any of you will be watching Chernobyl, one complaint about the show is that almost all of the actors there are British which is odd because obviously the setting is in Russia so they should've hired Russian actors (and therefore the rest of it should be subtitled). I personally didn't mind it but I did notice it when I watched. I also like Jared Harris and he's a wonderful actor so I can look past it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
People have visited there & posed for pictures. I think that HBO's miniseries "Chernobyl" helped make visiting there more popular. I wouldn't go there of given a chance. I think that there is a statue of Vladimir Lenin also by 1 of the entrances to Chernobyl & I don't need or want to be reminded of him. Plus with the horror that went on there yeah it seems unnecrary at the least visiting that place.
Right? It was a disaster and like what you said, it's not exactly a happy place to visit. And I didn't know there's a statue of Lenin there.

| Kimi Räikkönen

Old 04-07-2021, 08:58 PM
Moderator Manager

| Kimi Räikkönen

Old 04-07-2021, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Using Google & searching for "Lenin statue Chernobyl" the first thing to come up was this quote: "On 16 January 2017, the Ukraninan Institute of National Remembrance announced that 1,320 Lenin monuments were dismantled during decommunizatuon. Two Lenin statues in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone are the only two remaining statues of Lenin in Ukraine."

I mean after reading "Lenin: A New Biography", "The Russian Revolution" & "Russia Under The Bolsheviks", it's just been mind boggling to me that there are Vladimir Lenin statutes anywhere considering the aftermath of that revolution & horrors that Russia particularly went through for a long time in the 20th century. Unsure why Seattle has a statue of him. Anyway, thanks for that news tonight.
Old 04-08-2021, 04:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

I finish w/ Watchmen, I feel like it need more than what we got..

So I can finish w/ Westworld since I only have two episodes left..

*razzing*

Old 04-08-2021, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, remember this was a different takeon Watchmen comparedto the film with that title & original graphic novel.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:32 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah I didn't read the comics but the TV version of Watchmen is different. Unfortunately , Watchmen is a limited series so don't expect a renewal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
I mean after reading "Lenin: A New Biography", "The Russian Revolution" & "Russia Under The Bolsheviks", it's just been mind boggling to me that there are Vladimir Lenin statutes anywhere considering the aftermath of that revolution & horrors that Russia particularly went through for a long time in the 20th century. Unsure why Seattle has a statue of him. Anyway, thanks for that news tonight.
I think it's because he's a historical figure but that doesn't mean he needs a statue.

| Kimi Räikkönen

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top