Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2018, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
I feel like last nights episode was bittersweet. With the baby storyline, her finding happiness and then in the present day him getting taken away.
It really was, still an amazing ep though
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 02:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

I dont want Eden to be bad news. I wouldnt mind if she was actually a nice girl. I mean, its not like Nick is actually going to fall for her.

Quote:
Can Nick & June stop kissing in public? They're giving me anxiety. If they get caught, they are both going to be in so much trouble.
I know, but he cant help himself. I love how passionate they are.

If you watch the promo Fred finds out what Serena did and its obvious imo that Serena is going to be beaten in front of June. It looks really juicy.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 02:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

They will probably get caught if they keep making out in public lol

I hope Eden doesn't turn out to be bad either, but I guess it depends if Serena can manipulator or not.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:23 AM
Master Fan

they really have to stop showing affection in public I was really scared someone might see them, and then Nick would be executed instantly I think..

I feel sorry for Eden in a lot of ways. she's similar to the handmaids, except that she doesn't have to give up her child if she has one, and she's free to some extent, but it's disgusting they are given to whoever the order chooses for them and that they're just teenagers. they clearly weren't taught properly, they're only told what this new society expects from them and they don't know any better, they think it's normal. Serena's definitely the worst influence possible on her, but she can't be trusted so June can't start teaching her actual values either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
And then cut to Serena's face and I swear, Yvonne nailed that expression it gave me goosebumps. I am also surprised that Serena trusted June to look over/edit some papers for her though that might be influenced by that kickass thing they did so some level of trust is unspoken between them. Although I will still be forever skeptical of Serena because she may be good now but what about tomorrow? And what's gonna happen when the Commander is back? Is she going to ignore and treat June like crap again?
I don't believe Serena has any good in her she had her chances to show it but blew it everytime. she's been a part and supporter of this system for a long time, and she only wants what she can't have and that's a baby. what I'll never understand is that she is unable to be nice during the entire pregnancy, like..it can't be that hard but she can only do it for a few days tops..but I guess as long as I don't understand the behavior of a heartless person I'm good to go
icon by me
JoJoF92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 03:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I dont want Eden to be bad news. I wouldnt mind if she was actually a nice girl. I mean, its not like Nick is actually going to fall for her.
That's not even why I find her irritating, Nick isn't going to fall for a 15 year old . It's not her fault but I hate how she is so devout towards a religion that treats women like property, I'm worried she'll naively snitch on the Handmaids and/or Nick. We already got a taste of that when Eden was telling June that she's scared Nick might be a "gender traitor", that freaked June out enough to tell Nick to grit his teeth and bear it (like she's had to)

I could warm up to her depending on how her character is developed, right now she seems like a threat every time she appears (and I haven't seen the actress in anything before so no prior opinions!). I think she's introduced as a true believer for a reason, to make other characters feel uneasy. Maybe one day she'll have her views shattered and see Gilead for the evil it really is.

Quote:

The funeral with the dead handmaids was so well shot. Red against white snow is so pretty on screen. Also how sick was it that handmaids have two wardrobes?
Yeah it made me wonder how many funerals they'd normally have to go to, if they have special outfits for them.

Quote:

Can Nick & June stop kissing in public? They're giving me anxiety. If they get caught, they are both going to be in so much trouble. Just do it elsewhere and not in a freaking hospital. Geez!
Been saying this for ages Nick in particular just marches up to June in barely private spaces, calls her by her real name, and gets all romantic. Dude do you both want to die?

Last edited by Kinky-Cousin; 06-01-2018 at 04:12 AM
Kinky-Cousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm a little nervous there might be camera's in the hospital?

Quote:
It's not her fault but I hate how she is so devout towards a religion that treats women like property,
For me, because shes so young, I feel like she sort of become a women in this day and age and this is really all she knows of the world. She was really old enough to live during the time before where Women had all those rights so for her, I think its just been engrained in her. I think its understandable she wants to "good" and do things the way shes been taught. Hopefully she will grow closer to June and understand how wrong some of these practices are.

I was thinking its good the funeral outfits covered their faces because Id be smiling at the deaths of the evil commanders personally.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:58 PM
Moderator Manager

I'm mostly lukewarm to Eden. Yes she's 15 and is trapped in this world just like the handmaids are but I've seen what the handmaids has suffered since S1 and I've only just met her and can't really compare her suffering to what the handmaids go through. I'm sure it's also just as horrific (as all the women on this show do) but right now my concern is more for the handmaids as basically, as we've seen when Ofglen 2.0 blew the commanders to smithereens, they're the only ones actively engaged in taking the system down too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I know, but he cant help himself. I love how passionate they are.
Quote:
I'm a little nervous there might be camera's in the hospital?
I keep hearing the radio comms of the guardians and get really nervous. As for cameras in the hospital, let's expect the worst case scenario so yes, there is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)
I don't believe Serena has any good in her she had her chances to show it but blew it everytime. she's been a part and supporter of this system for a long time, and she only wants what she can't have and that's a baby. what I'll never understand is that she is unable to be nice during the entire pregnancy, like..it can't be that hard but she can only do it for a few days tops..but I guess as long as I don't understand the behavior of a heartless person I'm good to go
She's also only helping out and listening to June because it serves her in the end. And as long as the baby is safe, that's all that matters. So I'm really cautious because she has done a lot of horrible things and is the person responsible for all of what's happening to them so I flip flop with her but I still definitely do hate her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky-Cousin (View Post)
Yeah it made me wonder how many funerals they'd normally have to go to, if they have special outfits for them.

Been saying this for ages Nick in particular just marches up to June in barely private spaces, calls her by her real name, and gets all romantic. Dude do you both want to die?
The fact that they have a special wardrobe for funerals is already twisted. And yeah, they're getting away with it now but they both need to be very careful. Nick's a married man so the consequences will be much harsher than before when he was still single.

"I have done something wrong. Something so huge I can’t even see it, something that’s drowning me.
I am inadequate and stupid, without worth. I might as well be dead."

dw | dd | kh
L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:13 AM
Extreme Fan

btw in case anyone's wondering why theres a shift in tone, the show's gone off the source material for the book

With that to think of, its anyone's guess what happens next
Old 06-02-2018, 04:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONDEMNED666 (View Post)
btw in case anyone's wondering why theres a shift in tone, the show's gone off the source material for the book

With that to think of, its anyone's guess what happens next
I like when shows do this sometimes to create an unknown factor and be surprised by a reveal of something later.
Mi||iê Måë is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:54 PM
Moderator Manager

I want a backstory on Janine!

Quote:
janine: this girl is an angel. madeline brewer’s first time donning her handmaid costume for season two’s first fitting. she told me she felt as if “she had lost her and found her again”. there were tears. -@anecrabtree

"I have done something wrong. Something so huge I can’t even see it, something that’s drowning me.

dw | dd | kh
Old 06-02-2018, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don’t think there is a shift in tone at all?

In fact the show imo is 10x better than the book. It gives way more detail and the book was over so quick lol. It felt super unfinished to me.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie Mae (View Post)
I like when shows do this sometimes to create an unknown factor and be surprised by a reveal of something later.
I do too, but I think the tone of this season hasn't been all that different so far this season.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Movies

I guess it also depends on how much is changed or added for that matter.
Mi||iê Måë is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

True Don't think that's been an issue yet.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:22 AM
Moderator Manager

I cannot wait for the next ep already.

Quote:
the episode where lizzie moss hid in plain sight as an econowife. season two was the first time that we got to share a further glance into this part of the world of gilead.
also showing you how much we laugh in behind the scenes in gilead…. -@anecrabtree

dw | dd | kh
Reply   Post New Thread