Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2018, 01:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

It never occurred to me that Serena chose the name Nicole after Nick, but it makes sense. It'd be a constant reminder to Fred that he wasn't the one to father her.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I kinda respect her an little bit for that
Old 07-09-2018, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

are we sure its not just a coincidence? lol.

nicole and nick dont sound THAT similar to be honest. Especially with how they were pronouncing it, it was sounding more like NEE CHOLE.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Same, they made me feel an bit uncomfortable too.
So it's not just me even my boyfriend thought my reaction was funny, he said it was mostly just noise which I'd have heard anyway with my eyes closed. But childbirth scenes always creep me out, this one just felt so long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I didn't connect this either. OMG. And then they just call their 'daughter' Nicky just to rub it in.

I agree. We need a glimmer of hope. I sort of saw that when June & Serena came together when Serena asked for June's help with some papers. But that was shot down right away when we got the rape scene.
Since Serena doesn't seem thrilled with Fred, I like to think of it as a subtle jab against him not being the biological father.

This show has gone up and down, I keep thinking June might be on the rise and then it all goes wrong again. There's only so much we can sit through the consistent abuse of one character before it becomes bad writing though, I hope June gets out someday and works to help people escape from the other side. We'd still see inner Gilead through other characters like Emily and Janine (although these two have suffered so much abuse too!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
are we sure its not just a coincidence? lol.

nicole and nick dont sound THAT similar to be honest. Especially with how they were pronouncing it, it was sounding more like NEE CHOLE.
I can't say for certain but since this is a TV show with writers behind it, I think they chose that name to be similar to "Nick" for a reason whether it was meant to be deliberate by Serena or not. I just hope it is to get to Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
That is very sick
Without spoiling Get Out too much, the racism was more of a non-sexual fetishisation of black people in this community, they covet something about them. I hadn't thought of it before but it's a bit like Fred lusting over June's fertility, she has something he wants and he's real creepy about it.

If you like horror/ghost films then Get Out is one of the best ones from recent years, I liked the commentary and it was refreshing to have a smart protagonist.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky-Cousin (View Post)
So it's not just me even my boyfriend thought my reaction was funny, he said it was mostly just noise which I'd have heard anyway with my eyes closed. But childbirth scenes always creep me out, this one just felt so long!

Without spoiling Get Out too much, the racism was more of a non-sexual fetishisation of black people in this community, they covet something about them. I hadn't thought of it before but it's a bit like Fred lusting over June's fertility, she has something he wants and he's real creepy about it.

If you like horror/ghost films then Get Out is one of the best ones from recent years, I liked the commentary and it was refreshing to have a smart protagonist.
It was pretty long, that's for sure.

Might need to check out Get Out then
Old 07-10-2018, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

Is all over tomorrow y'all I'm going to miss being super depressed/upset every Wednesday, what am I supposed to do now? be happy? pff

Anyway, I love this show so much and it's characters and I'm super nervous for tomorrow's finale, god knows we're all going to suffer
Old 07-10-2018, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Im bummed its already almost done but at the same time, its a bit depressing so the break will be nice.

I am just gonna go insane if they put nicks life in the balance or something of that sort. Why cant we have a happy ending for once, even if its temporary
Old 07-10-2018, 11:17 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regan (View Post)
That's a possibility. He's very high-ranking, by the sound of things, so he'd be at or near the head of the queue for a Handmaid. Given how child-obsessed Gilead is, I'd say that any Commander who is not already a father is assumed to want a child, and would be deemed odd, at best, for wanting to opt out. At worst, not being seen to make an effort to be a father could be regarded as defying God's commandments about being fruitful/multiplying.
So what would he need Emily for then if he's only using her as a front? I think in a way that's good because at least they don't have to do a ceremony but since no one is safe and happy in this world, I can imagine something just as worse for Emily in that house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky-Cousin (View Post)
So
This show has gone up and down, I keep thinking June might be on the rise and then it all goes wrong again. There's only so much we can sit through the consistent abuse of one character before it becomes bad writing though, I hope June gets out someday and works to help people escape from the other side. We'd still see inner Gilead through other characters like Emily and Janine (although these two have suffered so much abuse too!).
And part of the reason why we're watching is to see them rise above all of this horrible things happening to them.We need a glimmer of hope cause if it's just gloom & doom, I'm not going to stick out very long, I'm afraid.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 07-11-2018, 01:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
And part of the reason why we're watching is to see them rise above all of this horrible things happening to them.We need a glimmer of hope cause if it's just gloom & doom, I'm not going to stick out very long, I'm afraid.
If the show is to follow the book, Gilead lasted long enough for historians to divide it into periods, so I'd say that the best to hope for is individual victories, like Moira's escape, and gradual signs of cracks in the system.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
Is all over tomorrow y'all I'm going to miss being super depressed/upset every Wednesday, what am I supposed to do now? be happy? pff

Anyway, I love this show so much and it's characters and I'm super nervous for tomorrow's finale, god knows we're all going to suffer
I'm going to miss it, despite how depressing it can be
Old 07-11-2018, 01:29 PM
Supreme Fan

OMG, who here watched the season finale already??

It was stressful, AGAIN! This show is too much for my heart

Your favorite screencaps site

My tumblr
Old 07-11-2018, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

true to form, making me cry again!
Old 07-11-2018, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

gosh, what a finale I just have a lot of feelings

Old 07-11-2018, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So I finished season 1 and am only 4 episodes into season 2. So good but depressing for sure!
Old 07-12-2018, 12:35 AM
Moderator Manager

I haven't seen the newest ep yet and based on everyone's reactions I'm scared to watch it later when I get home from work.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top