Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2018, 02:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
What would be more questionable is if a wife died. Would they let the husband keep the child, and then would he be expected to find a new wife immediately? Who is viable as a wife?
They use the Biblical precedent of Rachel and Bilhah to justify the Handmaid system, but in the Bible, Jacob took Bilhah as a wife.

In the event of a Wife dying when the Handmaid is pregnant, or newly delivered of a baby, perhaps it is expected that the Commander marry the Handmaid, or at least that the option is on the table for the Commander. Some might be tempted, especially if it means that they can potentially have other children.

If not, they probably find some poor young girl to marry the Commander, and play the role of mother to the baby.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

But allowing a handmaid to be a wife? That seems unlikely. I imagine they would fine a young girl like Eden to marry him.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:22 PM
Supreme Fan

Such a hard episode to watch.Had to look away during certain scenes.
And couldn't watch certain scenes because my eyes were too teary
All in 1 episode.

I seriously can't wait for the season finale.
And I do kinda like Nick. I wish that June will be more "open" to him, because out of all the characters, he's a real loner. Everybody have someone they consider a "friend" or just to talk to. But I don't think I've seen him having a friend. (Oh wait, he did in S1)

We are almost ending S2, but I still don't feel the chemistry between Elisabeth and Max (June/Nick). I think I would have shipped June/Nick so bad, which is really wrong And somehow Elisabeth also doesn't have the chemistry with the actor who plays Luke. Maybe it's the way they are acting, but I don't feel it.

Your favorite screencaps site

My tumblr

Last edited by Soop 4-evah; 06-21-2018 at 03:37 PM
Old 06-21-2018, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)
oh yeah, I have. my swollen eyes are proof
Okay haha
Old 06-21-2018, 10:13 PM
Addicted Fan

And Max Richter has released a new video for his song The Nature of Daylight, which features none other than Elisabeth Moss->

Old 06-21-2018, 11:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
But allowing a handmaid to be a wife? That seems unlikely. I imagine they would fine a young girl like Eden to marry him.
Odds are that if it was argued that a widowed Commander should marry a pregnant Handmaid because of the Biblical precedent, the Wives would lobby against it on the grounds that it incentivises wanting the Wife dead. If you don't get caught, it's a promotion and, far more importantly, you get to be a mother to your baby. Some might take the gamble.

The truly pious might want to marry their Handmaid in that situation. The rest would probably jump at the chance to marry a young girl.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:42 PM
Master Fan

Old 06-22-2018, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that
Old 06-22-2018, 03:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Finally went up today, that rape was a bit hard to watch.
Old 06-22-2018, 03:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Still haven't found an proper link to download yet.
Old 06-22-2018, 03:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Also, would love to know where she's gonna go from here because she's stranded.
Old 06-22-2018, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONDEMNED666 (View Post)
And Max Richter has released a new video for his song The Nature of Daylight, which features none other than Elisabeth Moss->

Thanks for that
Old 06-22-2018, 03:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
She has to be at least an hour away from the Waterford house. Fred gave them three hours, there and back. If he's not involved, or if he is but doesn't want to reclaim June, she has a head start of at least one hour, likely more, before anybody notices that she's missing. There were snow shoes in the house, and if it's snowing, it will help obscure her footprints and make it more difficult for the dogs to track her.

If Fred is not involved, he may not want to admit that he arranged the meeting with Hannah, and won't want to tell them where he sent June. He may even operate on the assumption that Nick has run away with June, in which case he will expect them to travel by car.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I definitely prefer episodes that are more hopeful.

Quote:
I really dont think that Fred would just allow her to leave. And I think June is smart enough to realize she cant escape now while pregnant. I can either see her just staying there and waiting, or trying to follow Nick. She will probably start going into labor while at the house and then someone will come for her, I'm not sure... Guess we'll find out!

Quote:
We are almost ending S2, but I still don't feel the chemistry between Elisabeth and Max (June/Nick). I think I would have shipped June/Nick so bad, which is really wrong And somehow Elisabeth also doesn't have the chemistry with the actor who plays Luke. Maybe it's the way they are acting, but I don't feel it.
Im confused on what you mean. You would have shipped them? What do you mean by that? And why is is wrong?

I disagree about chemistry. I think she has chemistry with both actors and I like both ships a lot, personally. I think chemistry is obviously subjective. And I feel HEEPS of chemistry with Max. Nick/June are just sfsdfdsfds. Its hard to see how they can be together if/when she finds Luke (unless they kill him off)... I love their story and their chemistry and their connection. They are given the best scenes and interaction which makes me think the writers care more about them then they do Luke/June. I mean, Luke/June were cheaters when they started out, so that wasn't that endearing of a relationship. iMO Nick/June happened so organically.
Old 06-22-2018, 03:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I really dont think that Fred would just allow her to leave. And I think June is smart enough to realize she cant escape now while pregnant. I can either see her just staying there and waiting, or trying to follow Nick. She will probably start going into labor while at the house and then someone will come for her, I'm not sure... Guess we'll find out!
She's desperate, even more so now that the Waterfords have shown just how vile they are. Maybe she might have been able to make some kind of peace with the idea of her baby being raised by them, if she could be sure that they would love, cherish and protect it, but not now.

There's also a 50-50 chance that the baby is a girl, and allowing her to be raised in Gilead means that, best case scenario, she grows up to be a Wife, which means being married off to a Commander in her early teens.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was desperate enough to make a run for it, especially if the house is located anywhere near the border to Canada.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top